TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Marion Revolution (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1028)
-   -   US Hardcourt Season (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=414651)

Ferg Jul 12th, 2010 10:58 PM

US Hardcourt Season

Scheduled to play:

Stanford - defending 470
San Diego - defending 0
Cincinnatti - defending 0
Montreal - defending 0
New Haven - defending 60
Us Open - defending 100

A weak enough field at Stanford, good chance at defending most of her points, or maybe even all since she likes it there, and nothing to defend until New Haven. Seems like she could be a top 4 seed in San Diego. And no reak raw in the US Ope this year. Great chance to buckle her ranking right back up to to 9-12 area. A good summer here is vital.

bruce goose Jul 12th, 2010 11:15 PM

Re: US Hardcourt Season

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferg (Post 18146460)
Scheduled to play:

Stanford - defending 470
San Diego - defending 0
Cincinnatti - defending 0
Montreal - defending 0
And possibly New Haven (defending 60), I hope not though.
Us Open - defending 100

A weak enough field at Stanford, good chance at defending most of her points, or maybe even all since she likes it there, and nothing to defend until New Haven. Seems like she could be a top 4 seed in San Diego. And no reak raw in the US Ope this year. Great chance to buckle her ranking right back up to to 9-12 area. A good summer here is vital.

I'm not naive enough to complain that Marion's defending her Stanford title while she completely ignored Mexico.......still not thrilled about her earlier absence,though:(

Anyhow,thanks for starting the thread,Ferg:wavey:

Ferg Jul 17th, 2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce goose (Post 18146539)
I'm not naive enough to complain that Marion's defending her Stanford title while she completely ignored Mexico.......still not thrilled about her earlier absence,though:(

Anyhow,thanks for starting the thread,Ferg
:wavey:

No problem!

And shes signed up for New Haven :sobbing: I dont know why, I hope she doesnt retire again this year. 6 weeks in a row is a big ask.

bruce goose Jul 17th, 2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferg (Post 18166148)
No problem!

And shes signed up for New Haven :sobbing: I dont know why, I hope she doesnt retire again this year. 6 weeks in a row is a big ask.

Don't you think she'll pull out of there if she gets a good USO tune-up before then??Quite frankly,even fOUR weeks in a row is a bit much for Marion with her typical level of fitness,IMO

Ferg Jul 17th, 2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce goose (Post 18166184)
Don't you think she'll pull out of there if she gets a good USO tune-up before then??Quite frankly,even fOUR weeks in a row is a bit much for Marion with her typical level of fitness,IMO

Depnds how she does at Cinci and Montreal I think. Shes never had a good record at Cinci I think but she made a big semi in the latter 2 years ago so Im hopeful she gets another good result there. But the fast courts will be a vry welcome change, Wimbledon is just getting slower and slower. I think thats a reason she does so well at Eastbourne but not so well at WImbledon anymore, the court speed.

bruce goose Jul 17th, 2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferg (Post 18169854)
Depnds how she does at Cinci and Montreal I think. Shes never had a good record at Cinci I think but she made a big semi in the latter 2 years ago so Im hopeful she gets another good result there. But the fast courts will be a vry welcome change, Wimbledon is just getting slower and slower. I think thats a reason she does so well at Eastbourne but not so well at WImbledon anymore, the court speed.

My friend is going to Cincy....He went there last year and said that a grounds pass gives you good access to the players...so I'll give him a very short greeting to relay to Marion...but he can't speak French to save his life so the message will be in English:lol:

Marionated Jul 18th, 2010 05:43 PM

Too many tournaments :o

Well she'll probably tank/retire at New Haven.

bruce goose Jul 18th, 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronoc (Post 18174511)
Too many tournaments :o

Well she'll probably tank/retire at New Haven.

Tbh,I can't even picture it getting that far;she'll either skip one/a couple of the listed tourneys before New Haven....or she'll take a break THEN.I'm not even sure that Caro played FIVE straight tourneys during her marathon schedule from last season...and I can't imagine Marion doing that unless it were to save the life of a family member:lol::lol:

Marionated Jul 18th, 2010 06:38 PM

You're probably right. She did withdraw from LA last year.

Marionated Jul 18th, 2010 07:01 PM

It's hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since she won Stanford. How quickly time flies :bolt:

bruce goose Jul 18th, 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronoc (Post 18174881)
It's hard to believe that nearly a year has passed since she won Stanford. How quickly time flies :bolt:

Couldn't agree more;the WTA and NFL both help the calendar move much more quickly for me...though I wish that Marion were a bit more active

Ferg Jul 18th, 2010 07:52 PM

Gawd, I remember it, I was on holidays with a slow as fuck computer which meant I couldnt watch it, only had the scoreboard to go on, almost died from the tension.

Tennisking5 Jul 18th, 2010 09:12 PM

how bout she just win the us open? what do ya think?

bruce goose Jul 19th, 2010 12:13 PM

With Schiavone having won RG,WTA-haters would complain bitterly if another underdog won a Slam.....I'd love to see Marion antagonize them that way

Singleniacki Jul 19th, 2010 01:54 PM

Glad she's playing all of them, even is she only makes a quarter or better in a couple events she has already got her points back. KEEEEEEN! :cheer: