TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Team USA (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro! 2010 Edition (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=414520)

tennisbuddy12 Jul 10th, 2010 09:16 PM

Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro! 2010 Edition
 
I thought this would be a great idea. This thread will be players who graduated from college and turned pro OR who went to school and turned pro before completing a degree. I am thinking about a thread for students who play results, but stay in school. Now, for NEW pros, we will start with the $10,000 Atlanta event:

Lindsay Burdette

School: Stanford '10
Q1: def. Christina Lilies 6-1,6-1
Q2: vs. Lauren Macfarlane

Sanaz Marand

School: North Carolina '10
Q1: BYE
Q2: vs. Julia Browne

Amanda McDowell

School: Georgia Tech '10
Q1: def. Lauren McHale 6-1,6-2
Q2: vs. Marianne Baker

These are brand new pros playing in the ATL qualifying. Marand played Cleveland a few weeks ago as a pro and there should be a few new pros in the main draw (as well as doubles)

Amalgamate Jul 10th, 2010 10:26 PM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Hello $ :spit: Good idea :yeah: It'll be interesting to see who only plays one or two pro tournaments versus girls who play for a year or more.

Good to see McDowell is back from injury, unfortunately a little later than she would have liked :sad: But ouch, Lauren losing 1&2 :o Didn't expect that.

Should add to thead: Whoriskey. I know she's been playing.

tennisbuddy12 Jul 10th, 2010 10:30 PM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgamate (Post 18136708)
Hello $ :spit: Good idea :yeah: Good to see McDowell is back from injury, unfortunately a little later than she would have liked :sad: But ouch, Lauren losing 1&2 :o Didn't expect that.

I had to be clever about the title :p but thanks! :angel:

Yeah, Amanda didn't feel anything in her back during or after the match, and was feeling good when I talked to her last night. I had seen Lauren play a few weeks ago at Cleveland so I gave her a few pointers and some tips. She thanked me after :lol: It was Lauren's 2nd tournament back from a small knee surgery and Amanda said she made a lot of forehand errors.

Amalgamate Jul 10th, 2010 10:33 PM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 (Post 18136714)
I had to be clever about the title :p but thanks! :angel:

Yeah, Amanda didn't feel anything in her back during or after the match, and was feeling good when I talked to her last night. I had seen Lauren play a few weeks ago at Cleveland so I gave her a few pointers and some tips. She thanked me after :lol: It was Lauren's 2nd tournament back from a small knee surgery and Amanda said she made a lot of forehand errors.

Lauren likes taking help from others ;) :angel:

tennisbuddy12 Jul 10th, 2010 10:39 PM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgamate (Post 18136726)
Lauren likes taking help from others ;) :angel:

I meant I gave Amanda tips

but your comment....GOAT...:kiss::kiss::kiss::hearts: :worship:

I'm glad only a small group of people know what that means

Kevin. Jul 11th, 2010 10:48 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
have you guys read Caitlin Whoriskeys blog?

tennisbuddy12 Jul 11th, 2010 08:24 PM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
After 10k ATL Q2:


Lindsay Burdette

School: Stanford '10
Q1: def. Christina Lilies 6-1,6-1
Q2: lost to Lauren Macfarlane 2-6,1-6

Sanaz Marand

School: North Carolina '10
Q1: BYE
Q2: def. Julia Browne 6-1,6-2
Q3: vs. Danielle Konotoptseva

Amanda McDowell

School: Georgia Tech '10
Q1: def. Lauren McHale 6-1,6-2
Q2: def. Marianne Baker 6-4,6-2
Q3: vs. Yawna Allen



Lindsay :tape: Lauren is a good player, but you should've won or at least made in competitive.

Amalgamate Jul 12th, 2010 12:23 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin. (Post 18138319)
have you guys read Caitlin Whoriskeys blog?

Yea, I've read it all. It's fun :) I wish she would name drop more (i.e. who she is traveling with, who she is staying with, practicing with etc.). It was really easy to figure out but instead of "georgia tech girl" she could just say Irina :lol:

Amalgamate Jul 12th, 2010 12:24 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 (Post 18140854)
After 10k ATL Q2:


Lindsay Burdette

School: Stanford '10
Q1: def. Christina Lilies 6-1,6-1
Q2: lost to Lauren Macfarlane 2-6,1-6

Sanaz Marand

School: North Carolina '10
Q1: BYE
Q2: def. Julia Browne 6-1,6-2
Q3: vs. Danielle Konotoptseva

Amanda McDowell

School: Georgia Tech '10
Q1: def. Lauren McHale 6-1,6-2
Q2: def. Marianne Baker 6-4,6-2
Q3: vs. Yawna Allen



Lindsay :tape: Lauren is a good player, but you should've won or at least made in competitive.

Nah, typical Lindsay (sans NCAA's).

hellas719 Jul 12th, 2010 03:50 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Amanda McDowell is hot :lol:

Amalgamate Jul 17th, 2010 03:17 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Why still no Whoriskey?

the jamierbelyea Jul 17th, 2010 04:44 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Good to see Amanda McDowell giving it a try, she's the only American NCAA winner in recent memory who didn't receive a WC into the MD of the USO.

Lindsay should get one for the Doubles MD this year though.

Amalgamate Jul 17th, 2010 05:24 AM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the jamierbelyea (Post 18166650)
Good to see Amanda McDowell giving it a try, she's the only American NCAA winner in recent memory who didn't receive a WC into the MD of the USO.

Lindsay should get one for the Doubles MD this year though.

Giving WC's to CoCo and Asia that year over NCAA winner McDowell was in incredibly bad taste.

tennisbuddy12 Jul 21st, 2010 11:15 PM

Re: Goodbye Books, Hello $: NCAA players gone pro!
 
After 10k ATL:


Lindsay Burdette

School: Stanford '10
Q1: def. Christina Lilies 6-1,6-1
Q2: lost to Lauren Macfarlane 2-6,1-6

Sanaz Marand

School: North Carolina '10
Q1: BYE
Q2: def. Julia Browne 6-1,6-2
Q3: def. Danielle Konotoptseva 6-2,6-1
Q4: lost to Lauren Macfarlane 1-6,3-6

Amanda McDowell

School: Georgia Tech '10
Q1: def. Lauren McHale 6-1,6-2
Q2: def. Marianne Baker 6-4,6-2
Q3: def. Yawna Allen 7-5,6-0
Q4: def. (5)Samantha Powers 6-2,6-4
R1: lost to (LL)Nicole Melichar 4-6,6-3,2-6

Also, Irina Falconi turned pro so she will be on here...Lexington/Evansville will be up tonight.

tennisbuddy12 Jul 21st, 2010 11:36 PM

Lexington $50,000
 
50k Lexington:


Sanaz Marand

School: North Carolina '10
Q1: def. Tori Kinard 7-5,7-6(7-2)
Q2: lost to Shelby Rogers 2-6,2-6

Caitlin Whoriskey

School: Tennessee '10
Q1: lost to (8)Ester Goldfeld 3-6,4-6

McCall Harkins

School: TCU '09
Q1: def. Story Tweedie-Yates 7-6(7-5),6-4
Q2: lost to Maria Sanchez 6-2,6-7(7-9),1-6


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.