TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/)
-   -   Serena and the mens game... (http://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/405351-serena-mens-game.html)

Serena y Monica Mar 31st, 2010 03:23 PM

Serena and the mens game...
 
Is it too early to tell if Roger and even Rafa are morphing into Serena...Show up during tour events...try but don't knock urself out and then turn it on at the slams?

SerenaSlam Mar 31st, 2010 03:29 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
i am a firm believer that you grow up wanting to play tennis and win the slams. eventually you start to win the tournies and the next step is the slams. you have a priority. like venus and serena said. they always dreamed winning wimbledon and the usopen. not marabella and dubai for example. so therefore i feel players get to a certain point in their careers where certain things become priority. and the slams for these particular ones are whats important and what counts.

faboozadoo15 Mar 31st, 2010 03:32 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
I think Federer gets beaten more in regular events than is majors because it's damn near impossible to win a 5 sets match against him. The shite players he loses to outside of majors couldn't maintain that level in a longer match.

And yes, his motivation is different. But it's not like he's tanking the masters series matches. He's losing highly competitive ones.

volta Mar 31st, 2010 03:32 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
This thread is about to get ugly *Get's popcorn*

tennnisfannn Mar 31st, 2010 03:36 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
seriously when you have won as many tournies as federer has, what is one more/ does not havethe same satisfaction. It is only slams that count from now on.

SerenaSlam Mar 31st, 2010 03:36 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
don't speak that!! i think its a good thread. apart from all the other BS threads. its a good question. drama is only what you make it. now go put that popcorn up! lol

HassanAli Mar 31st, 2010 03:37 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 (Post 17510719)
And yes, his motivation is different. But it's not like he's tanking the masters series matches. He's losing highly competitive ones.

True, he absolutely can't stand losing. Especially to lesser tennis souls like Berdych.

BlameSerena Mar 31st, 2010 03:38 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Well someone wrote an article on this a while back, and everyone who was in agreement...that maybe Rog is not putting his best foot forward outside of slams...was blasted for even comparing him to Serena in that regard so good luck with this thread. :lol:

friendsita Mar 31st, 2010 03:41 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennnisfannn (Post 17510734)
seriously when you have won as many tournies as federer has, what is one more/ does not havethe same satisfaction. It is only slams that count from now on.

Since I started to follow Serena it seems to me like she only cares about slams & miami

Serena y Monica Mar 31st, 2010 03:53 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
I don't think it's a matter of either player not putting their best foot forward...cause I don't think it concious. It's not like they stop trying...but their focus isn't the same and the will isn't a strong because the prize just isn't the same. They are not playing for money or titles although I'm sure those things are nice...they are playing for slams.

SerenaSlam Mar 31st, 2010 03:56 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlameSerena (Post 17510745)
Well someone wrote an article on this a while back, and everyone who was in agreement...that maybe Rog is not putting his best foot forward outside of slams...was blasted for even comparing him to Serena in that regard so good luck with this thread. :lol:

and u mentioning that is going to help the thread? lmao. def not! but i don't think the thread is going to get like that. drama is only what you allow it to be what you feed into and what you respond to. if it can be prevented the thread wont get to that point. unlike all the others. so fyi people....

Gdsimmons Mar 31st, 2010 04:15 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Obviously Federer shows his best at the slams....just like Serena. Its so weird that people freak out when Serena does it but when Rog does it, its ok. Weird

SerenaSlam Mar 31st, 2010 04:19 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gdsimmons (Post 17510865)
Obviously Federer shows his best at the slams....just like Serena. Its so weird that people freak out when Serena does it but when Rog does it, its ok. Weird

i think the main issue that people have with the williams sisters is the fact that they are unorthodox they do things THEIR way and not the way it has been done down the years. people are not used to it and therefore "judge" based off of that instead of tolerating or accepting a change....

BuTtErFrEnA Mar 31st, 2010 04:27 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HassanAli (Post 17510743)
True, he absolutely can't stand losing. Especially to lesser tennis souls like Berdych.


you think serena likes losing??? there comes a point in careers that are successful as these two, and at their respective ages, where they just don't want to lose, but don't put as much into winning other titles as they once did...but then again i forgot saint federer and sinnerena shant be mentioned in the same breath....

SerenaSlam Mar 31st, 2010 04:35 PM

Re: Serena and the mens game...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA (Post 17510905)
you think serena likes losing??? there comes a point in careers that are successful as these two, and at their respective ages, where they just don't want to lose, but don't put as much into winning other titles as they once did...but then again i forgot saint federer and sinnerena shant be mentioned in the same breath....

im soooo confused as to why you are assuming he thinks serena likes losing? like you just went off on a deep in for no reason and mentioning saint federer and sinnerena etc was why? you are translating peoples opinion as negative and shouldn't. you may want to try and re-respond to it based of an "open" mind. something your "fav player" serena has...just an fyi


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome