TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Amateur Players and Tennis Equipment Forum (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1401)
-   -   Tennis Instructors (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=403942)

PlayByPlay Mar 10th, 2010 05:22 PM

Tennis Instructors

Does anyone know any cheap private tennis instructors in the Orlando, FL area? It's getting too expensive for my sister and her kids but she wants them to be well-rounded. We are family that loves Tennis. So I will be grateful for some good advice to tell her.. Please keep suggestions coming.

GracefulVenus Mar 10th, 2010 08:43 PM

Re: Tennis Instructors

Finding cheap lessons usually = poor or uncertified instructors. It's not cheap to take quality lessons these days. Wish I could help.

*JR* Apr 16th, 2010 05:08 PM

While municipal budget cuts may have changed this, there used 2B good instructors employed by Parks Depts in places like FL. (Ala Chrissie's father Jimmy Evert, B4 she became a huge success as a pro)

BTW, the thread starter's link to a payday lender (a form of legalized loanshark) is "unfortunate" and borders on spamming. :rolleyes:

Dunlop1 Apr 16th, 2010 08:54 PM

If you want cheap lessons, find students in a Division 1 tennis program who want to make some extra cash on the side.
I know that University of Florida and Florida state are both D1 programs. You can even do D2 because they are pretty good players as well.

Craigslist is your friend.
Good luck searching.

Also, NEVER EVER take out pay day loans.
A $500 pay day loan in Florida will have an APR of 286.79%!!!!! :speakles:

Taking a loan for tennis lessons, esp if it is just for recreational lessons is not financially responsible.
If your kid is training to get into a high school program and for college and you are low on funds, I understand it.
In any other situation, better forgo that loan. It is ridiculous.

*JR* Apr 16th, 2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunlop1 (Post 17597471)
Also, NEVER EVER take out pay day loans.
A $500 pay day loan in Florida will have an APR of 286.79%!!!!! :speakles:

Taking a loan for tennis lessons, esp if it is just for recreational lessons is not financially responsible.
If your kid is training to get into a high school program and for college and you are low on funds, I understand it.
In any other situation, better forgo that loan. It is ridiculous.

I'll give you odds that almost anytime someone posts a live link to a sleazeball outfit like a payday lender on an internet forum, its because they're getting paid to do so. ;)

Stilmat May 31st, 2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayByPlay (Post 17404655)
Does anyone know any cheap private tennis instructors in the Orlando, FL area? My sister has to keep on having to take out a loan from to pay whosoever she is suppose to pay. It's getting too expensive for her and her kids but she wants them to be well-rounded. We are family that loves Tennis. So I will be grateful for some good advice to tell her.. Please keep suggestions coming.

I know there are a lot of good coaches, but in Serbia, ie. in teniski savez Beograda they are really good...

croat123 May 31st, 2010 05:06 PM

this is spam. please stop responding to it