TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ellie Goulding - New Album 'Halcyon' Oct.8th 2012! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=403424)

Ciarán Mar 1st, 2010 04:10 PM

Ellie Goulding - New Album 'Halcyon' Oct.8th 2012!

Not sure if Ellie has a thread yet. If she does please merge this post :wavey:

Love Ellie :hearts: I got tickets today for her Belfast show on March 15th!

Living_Legend Mar 1st, 2010 04:13 PM

Re: Ellie Goulding - 'Lights' out now!

I wasn't a fan of her album...its all a bit bland especially when compared to Marina's album which is full of character!

I think for now I'll skip it but maybe after a few more singles when I can see what she's all about I might change my mind!

Ciarán Mar 1st, 2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_Legend (Post 17370501)
I wasn't a fan of her album...its all a bit bland especially when compared to Marina's album which is full of character!

I think for now I'll skip it but maybe after a few more singles when I can see what she's all about I might change my mind!

I did judging by the previews. I bought the album the other day when the store I work at leaked it early and it's truly fantastic. The songs are like depression clouded by happiness, hard to explain but I love what I am hearing :)

Elwin. Mar 1st, 2010 05:17 PM

Ellie :bowdown:

Europe rocks Mar 1st, 2010 08:32 PM

Ellie's music is much more based in electronica, synths and such than Marina's, but they're both beautiful albums. Hope they can have successful careers, given the amount of mindless drivel out there at the moment

Vanity Bonfire Mar 1st, 2010 09:03 PM

We've had this album on in our office today and I thought it was very bland. Disappointing when compared with last year's BBC Sound winner Little Boots, who is :worship:

eck Mar 1st, 2010 11:17 PM

I like it. It's not a strong album as I thought it'd be, but when she gets it right, it's pretty damn good.

Her iTunes exclusive song is amazing. It should have been on the album.

eck Mar 2nd, 2010 12:03 PM

ElusiveChanteuse Mar 2nd, 2010 12:43 PM

:hearts:

mckyle. Mar 2nd, 2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Europe rocks (Post 17371506)
Ellie's music is much more based in electronica, synths and such than Marina's, but they're both beautiful albums. Hope they can have successful careers, given the amount of mindless drivel out there at the moment

Yes please! Download link anyone? :)

Ciarán Mar 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poova (Post 17372150)
Ellie's album is shit. Boring as, completely lacking in any personality, no sign that it is HER album. Just awful, and crap lyrics that you could find in a Saturdays song. :/

Marina shits all over her, let's face it. Ellie is the same league as Little Boots in terms of blandness.

I disagree :lol: How can you compare a singer/songwriter to that of the Saturdays? :o The lyrics are (IMO) are far from crap :spit: If you actually listen you may also discover that. There are actually quite a few brilliant metaphors. I honestly don't understand how anyone can find it bland, although I do agree you really need to listen to enjoy it. One thing I don't like I can actually hear Frankmusiks input in the album :hysteric:

Poova Mar 3rd, 2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciarán (Post 17375117)
I disagree :lol: How can you compare a singer/songwriter to that of the Saturdays? :o The lyrics are (IMO) are far from crap :spit: If you actually listen you may also discover that. There are actually quite a few brilliant metaphors. I honestly don't understand how anyone can find it bland, although I do agree you really need to listen to enjoy it. One thing I don't like I can actually hear Frankmusiks input in the album :hysteric:

Umm, I have listened. I would hardly make an opinion on it without listening, would I? Think you should drop the condescending attitude... o_O

Perhaps "crap" was the wrong word to describe the lyrics - they are a step above most disposable pop, yes. But they're dull and very pedestrian about simple subject matters. I just don't see any personality or any of Ellie in them, which is what I meant by my previous comment. Some people may enjoy them, but it's just not for me really. I look for a bit more in the lyrics than that, and Marina's lyrical style is much more for me (obviously the comparisons between them are bound to happen for obvious reasons ;))

But yes, I shouldn't have called them crap or awful. It was probably my disappointment in the album really showing through.

Ciarán Mar 8th, 2010 04:05 PM

Lights charts at #1 in the UK :)

ElusiveChanteuse Mar 8th, 2010 04:39 PM

:worship:

Shuji Shuriken Mar 9th, 2010 07:45 PM

I friggin' LOVE this album :hearts: :bounce:.