TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Blast from the Past (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=401056)

bubble Feb 1st, 2002 09:48 AM

Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

This is a great idea to start this topic...
I shall dedicate this thread to the player who made me notice tennis and follow it eversince I saw her play.....

Steffi Graf!
:bounce: :bounce:

Frode Jan 29th, 2010 06:57 AM

Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

New volume:)

Volume 1

camilia Jan 29th, 2010 07:23 AM

Thanks Frode :)

Oizo Jan 29th, 2010 11:18 AM

Thanx Frode :cool:

R-K-M Jan 29th, 2010 12:13 PM

Thanks frode

juliehardwick Jan 29th, 2010 01:18 PM

Peoplesforum - huge number of people used it and nobody would give them money. They'd be saying they would go under if they couldn't get $200 and after three days they'd only have raised $23. It's the unusual internet problem of people not wanting to pay for something they think they should get for free. (Ask news websites about this..)

That's funny, Irma. I just dug out the google groups link and it reminded me of Max (Calimero!). What a Grafophile! And tireless poker of Seles fans. I think he was banned from the WTAworld boards for the latter, wasn't he?

Anyway for your entertainment, here's the link for the old google groups Graf board Amy Cottrell ran. It died off for some reason the last few years but if you scroll through the first five or six pages, you'll get to the part where it was still going - and there are many pages before that.... Amy used to repost a lot of old articles on the anniversary of an event (GS win for example) or some other point of interest, so there are lots of articles from long long ago too. I think some stuff has somehow been lost.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...start=600&sa=N

dscho99 Jan 29th, 2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliehardwick (Post 17207666)
Peoplesforum - huge number of people used it and nobody would give them money. They'd be saying they would go under if they couldn't get $200 and after three days they'd only have raised $23. It's the unusual internet problem of people not wanting to pay for something they think they should get for free. (Ask news websites about this..)

That's funny, Irma. I just dug out the google groups link and it reminded me of Max (Calimero!). What a Grafophile! And tireless poker of Seles fans. I think he was banned from the WTAworld boards for the latter, wasn't he? ...

For poking (not stabbing!) Seles fans?
That is possible???:eek:

dscho99 Jan 29th, 2010 06:32 PM

Why a "volume 2" thread?

I liked the old one!

camilia Jan 29th, 2010 07:30 PM

There's a certain amount of posts allowed in each thread, so you have volumes. The first volume is still there and you can go and read the posts, but you can't post :)

bia Jan 29th, 2010 07:33 PM

I tried to post in the old one, but I couldn't. I don't know if this is a good idea because if we don't post there anymore it will disappear soon. Unless we finally get a forum only for Steffi. What did Calimero do to get banned? I found his post on derkeiler, but I don't like that forum too much, it's all about insulting.

steffiandbibi Jan 30th, 2010 02:20 PM

:dance::dance::dance: i am in page 1!

i think people can easily find Vol.1 through the link in the 2nd post.

djul14 Jan 30th, 2010 02:22 PM

I want to be in page 1 too !:o

steffiandbibi Jan 30th, 2010 02:52 PM

i watched 1999 Winbledon semi-final again, after the AO final tonight. everytime watching a GS final let me miss steffi's match.

poems say "物是人非"(things remain, only people changes)and "自古名将如美人,不教人间见白头"(all heroes, the same as beauties, dont let people see their grey hair), thats just how i feel now.

camilia Jan 30th, 2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djul14 (Post 17216723)
I want to be in page 1 too !:o

But you are in page 1 :p

juliehardwick Jan 30th, 2010 05:26 PM

AO's ending, Olympics coming up, here's a funny link in a Lisa Dillman article about the gold medalist snowboarder, Shaun White, on snowboarding with Graf and Agassi:

"You know what, he's gonna hate me, but Steffi was almost better," White said. "She was good, man. She was good."