TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   AUS TV - 2011 Coverage (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397590)

Alicia Rocks Dec 23rd, 2009 05:21 PM

AUS TV - 2011 Coverage
 
Thought it'd be easy to update everyone on when the tennis will be on our boxes ;)

As per usual ABC is showing Hopman Cup Day Sessions & finals live. I presume Night sessions are still on Fox Sports??

Channel 7 showing the usual lot (?) Brisbane, Sydney, Kooyong (:yawn: ) and AO :)

Fox Sports will also have coverage of AO I presume.

Eurosport is showing WTA Sydney in the following spots:
Tuesday 12/1
18:15
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (105min)



Wednesday 13/1
08:30
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (75min)
16:30
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (120min)
18:30
TENNIS: LIVE: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (105mins)
20:15
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (70mins)
23:00
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (180mins)

Daniel. Dec 23rd, 2009 10:32 PM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
There is also streams online so we won't miss a moment this summer!!

I bet you there will be like a Stosur match at Sydney and they'll be showing Verdasco vs. Wawrinka or something at Kooyong. Sooo hate that tournament.

Also you forgot to mention that stupid World Tennis Challenge in Adelaide. Last year that was on Fox, i suppose it might be worth a glimpse.

Harvs Dec 23rd, 2009 10:43 PM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
oh god how i hate kooyong!

TS Dec 24th, 2009 12:10 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
It's annoying how an exhibition event like Kooyong gets such royal treatment by Channel 7 :lol: That tournament means absolutely nothing.

Привет Dec 24th, 2009 12:53 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
DEATH TO KOOYONG! :shout: :mad:

That tournament is the most boring, useless tournament EVER. :o

No, I do not want to watch some average player beat Federror because Federror isn't even caring because, like most people, he recognises the tournament is entirely pointless. No, Channel 7, I would like to watch a match that actually means something, please. :o

Josh. Dec 24th, 2009 01:03 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicia Rocks (Post 16968217)
Thought it'd be easy to update everyone on when the tennis will be on our boxes ;)

As per usual ABC is showing Hopman Cup Day Sessions & finals live. I presume Night sessions are still on Fox Sports??

Channel 7 showing the usual lot (?) Brisbane, Sydney, Kooyong (:yawn: ) and AO :)

Fox Sports will also have coverage of AO I presume.

Eurosport is showing WTA Sydney in the following spots:
Tuesday 12/1
18:15
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (105min)



Wednesday 13/1
08:30
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (75min)
16:30
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Round of 16 (120min)
18:30
TENNIS: LIVE: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (105mins)
20:15
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (70mins)
23:00
TENNIS: WTA Tournament in Sydney, Australia - Quarter Finals (180mins)

Your a bit too organized. :p I'm so glad we can get Eurosport now, no more effing' Kooyong! :lol:

Alicia Rocks Dec 24th, 2009 01:41 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
I refuse to watch Kooyong - its death :lol:

Yes Josh I am ;) More just excited though now :lol:

aussie_fan Dec 24th, 2009 01:46 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
I was originally hoping Seven might use Seven TWO for some of the night sessions of Brisbane and Sydney to show live (too much to ask for i guess), nice to see Eurosport is able to show some live tennis when Seven doesn't.

Or even use Seven TWO to show Syndey while Seven are too busy showing that exho at Kooyong. As much as I don't like Kooyong as it is pointless to watch considering we have Sydney at the same time but you can understand why they show it, it's usually a pretty good field as it is this year.

Daniel K Dec 24th, 2009 03:22 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Hmm it looks like FoxSports isn't showing any AO at all!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/search
I guess Eurosport will show it, but the two Fox Sport channels usually show Australians on outside courts.

ozfan44 Dec 24th, 2009 03:51 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel K (Post 16970351)
Hmm it looks like FoxSports isn't showing any AO at all!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/search
I guess Eurosport will show it, but the two Fox Sport channels usually show Australians on outside courts.

:fiery: :mad: :o

If they are not showing it im going to be so pissed off, there coverage shits all over the squeezers that channel 7 employ, so we will go back to having to watch the likes of davydenko and roddick single match rather than have the options fox used to give us of the aussie matches and outside court action!! WTF Fox??

Keadz Dec 24th, 2009 08:36 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Will Eurosport just be showing womens matches for Sydney and the Aussie Open?

:o At Fox Sports, pathetic. As if they don't show the outside courts, their coverage last year was amazing! Channel 7's coverage of the tennis is always pretty decent, just have to put up with people who have no idea about tennis commentating and hosting...and also the dreaded Kooyong. I hope their Brisbane coverage isn't interupted by that Adelaide crap.

Ben. Dec 24th, 2009 10:04 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Fox Sports better show the AO :fiery: Or otherwise like ozfan44 said, "I will be so pissed off!". But apparantely on the AO website in the event guide section it says that Fox Sports will be the 2nd host broadcaster alongside Seven :shrug: Correction: I just checked the event guide that the host broadcaster & domestic rights holder only says Seven, grrrr :lol: Guess I gotta just hope that Fox Sports do show the AO.

And yippee for Eurosport, don't have to suffer watching Kooyong or delayed versions of WTA Sydney :D

Daniel K Dec 24th, 2009 10:59 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/16...en-rights-deal

"Under the new deal, Seven acquired the free-to-air rights from 2009-14, exclusive pay-TV rights from 2010-14 and exclusive new media rights for 2008-18."

*Edit*

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/...701105431.html

And an article that explains what's happening. Hopefully they can sort something out soon.

aussie_fan Dec 24th, 2009 12:20 PM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Thanks Daniel K, I was looking for that article

Josh. Dec 25th, 2009 03:44 AM

Re: AUS TV - 2010 Coverage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicia Rocks (Post 16970118)
I refuse to watch Kooyong - its death :lol:

Yes Josh I am ;) More just excited though now :lol:

:lol: that is so true. It's only about a week away!

However, I did notice that fox sports hadn't had any promo for the AUstralian open, something that they usually do around this time. Sad. Their coverage of the outside courts and the Aussies playing on them was fantastic. I hope something is worked out soon.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.