Tennis Forum banner

Francesca Schiavone cheering thread

132K views 3K replies 103 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 · (Edited)
Francesca will turn 30 this year, but hopefully that won't keep her from rockin' the Tour the same way like she's been doing it for almost a decade now:worship:

1st stop Auckland, where she'll be seeded 3rd :music:

#2 ·
Re: Franny 2010 Cheering Thread

And the good thing is Fran has very few points to defend until Wimbledon (apart from Barcelona and Madrid) so let's hope a strong showing will move her up the rankings :)

Fran is also playing Sydney before the AO.

Any news on Fran's doubles schedule? Will she team up with Dellacqua again or will she play with Kleybanova again, which I hope she does, or a variety?

#5 ·

her section in Auckland:

(4) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) vs. Q
Stefanie Voegele (SUI) vs. Sania Mirza (IND)
Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. (WC) Marina Erakovic (NZL)
(6) Elena Vesnina (RUS) vs. Alberta Brianti (ITA)

and she'll play doubles with Flavia:eek::worship:

#6 ·

Schiavone starts 2010 with a pair of wins :D

Schiavone def. Cohen-Aloro 6-2 6-3
Pennetta/Schiavone def. Gallovits/Peer 7-5 2-6 10-3

The second set against Cohen-Aloro was a bit sketchy and Fran had a period where she missed at least six consecutive first serves and there's still work to be done on her netplay but no doubt more time on court will sort that out but her passing shots were generally accurate and she hit some great backhand winners in the last two games.

#7 ·

AUCKLAND/Allarme per una borsa sospetta
Campi evacuati, poi tutto torna alla normalità

Allarme sicurezza a Auckland, dove è in svolgimento il torneo Wta che ha aperto la stagione 2010. Una borsa abbandonata da uno spettatore nell’impianto della città neozelandese è stata notata dai responsabili della sicurezza, che alle 10.40 locali (notte in Italia) hanno fatto evacuare i campi dove erano in corso i match della seconda giornata del torneo in cui era impegnata anche l’azzurra Francesca Schiavone (ha battuto 62 63 la francese Cohen-Aloro) e gli spettatori per i necessari controlli.
“Abbiamo rintracciato il proprietario della borsa - ha spiegato Kerry Watson, ispettore di polizia - ma non c’era niente di sospetto. Comunque meglio peccare per eccesso di prudenza che al contrario. In ogni caso abbiamo reagito con grande prontezza”.
A far scattare l’allarme era stato in un primo momento la presenza in campo della tennista israeliana Shahar Peer. C’è stata anche la protesta anti-Israele da parte di un gruppo di attivisti con slogan, striscioni e bandiere della Palestina nei pressi del Court 4, dove la Peer stava affrontando la slovacca Polona Hercog battuta per 75 63. Si è pensato anche ad un possibile attentato, poi tutto è rientrato nella normalità.

That's the reason why Francesca match started some minutes later yesterday.

#23 ·

I'm confident Fran will prevail :) Cornet still isn't playing that well and she will probably be pretty jittery with r4 points to defend.

I reeeeally hope Fran/Alisa team up in the doubles tournament. I suppose they will have really high seeding as well because they are both top-20 doubles players (maybe No.5-6 seeds).

#25 ·

Doubles draw;
(1)Black/Huber v Malek/Petkovic
Dulgheru/Gallovits v Gullickson/Uhlirova
Kanepi/Woehr v Azarenka/Kuznetsova
Golds/Mirkovic v (14)Groenefeld/King
(10)Mirza/Ruano Pascual v Basuki/Date-Krumm
Bacsinszky/Garbin v Medina Garrigues/Wozniacki
Lisicki/Rezai v Czink/Grandin
Brianti/U.Radwanska v (7)Kleybanova/Schiavone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.