TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=914)
-   -   Super Tennis TV (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=386629)

laurie Aug 4th, 2009 08:54 PM

Super Tennis TV

I'm very fortunate to have this channel on satellite, its on Eutelsat hotbird 13 degrees east - its been going for just over 8 months, Its Italian and they show live tournaments like Palermo, the Italian Open for the women, and other smaller ATP and WTA events. They showed Auckland live in january including the final between Dementieva and Vesnina.

They also show instructions and lots of replays of old matches. For instance this week they've shown Krajicek v Edberg (whole match) and Muster v Rios from Rome 1996. Last month they showed the 1994 Italian Open final between Sampras and Becker (whole match) and the 1994 Italian Open semifinal between Navratilova and Spirlea (whole match). They also showed some 1979 Rome matches featuring Tracy Austin. Few months ago they showed Mary Pierce v Conchita Martinez from 1996 Rome. Its a very good channel.

Here you can check their website - they show replays of documentaries by the likes of Borg, Sampras etc and the schedule of what's on daily

http://www.supertennis.tv/

Enjoy :wavey:

FORZA SARITA Aug 4th, 2009 09:02 PM

Re: Super Tennis TV

i love ST :hearts:
they even show some reportage from itf tournaments :)

_elenad_ Aug 16th, 2009 12:48 PM

yes but consider that

supertennis.tv cannot be accessible from certain countries

Austrianer1967 Dec 23rd, 2012 12:51 AM

WTA Tennis 2013 on this Channel

#1SteffiGraf#1 Feb 4th, 2013 07:27 AM

Yeah, The Tennis Channel could learn a thing or 2 from Supertennis. I thought having TTC a few years ago was going to be great. They rarely show old school matches. But plenty of infomercials!

laurie Feb 18th, 2013 09:18 PM

Didn't realise there were replies after 4 years. Well since I wrote this in 2009, Supertennis have improved further, it is now called SuperTennis HD and is a free to air HD channel which is great, they have been HD for over 1 year. Supertennis has now picked up the slack from Eurosport, they showed Paris indoors, are showing Doha and Dubai, showed Nadal's tournaments live in South America, the ATP tournament in Rotterdam live and show Davis and Federation cup matches including the finals live every year. And they still show reruns of classic matches. In January they showed the 1995 Aussie final between Agassi and Sampras and the 1993 final between Seles and Graf (unfortunately I missed that broadcast).

Still a great channel

Austrianer1967 Feb 18th, 2013 09:22 PM

Yes, really a super sender ... From morning Marseille is live. Live from Thursday Dubai and Memphis

laurie Feb 21st, 2013 06:57 PM

They've announced live WTA coverage of Indian Wells :yippee:

Austrianer1967 Feb 21st, 2013 06:59 PM

Of course .. Also Miamii and many other tournaments

MikBs Feb 21st, 2013 08:15 PM

All Premier/Premier5/PremierMandatory and YEC will be covered by Supertennis, at least from QF

jezhead Aug 12th, 2013 01:29 AM

I love this channel! Now if only I can figure out how to capture we will be all set :)

ryandoty Apr 14th, 2014 10:25 AM

thanks for the post..

www.onlinepokies.me/biggest-progressive-jackpots.php

Austrianer1967 Apr 14th, 2014 12:01 PM

Next Barcelona live at Monday,

Queen Vika Apr 14th, 2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryandoty (Post 41060977)
thanks for the post..

thank you for your post

I also love SuperTennis, been watching for a while and it's good quality

DokDi Jun 28th, 2014 11:01 AM

Did any of you guys see the 'Sottorete' episode last week, the one with Dokic interview? :wavey: