TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Serbian Sensations (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=472)
-   -   Andrea Petkovic (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=385887)

Cp6uja Jul 26th, 2009 06:00 PM

Andrea Petkovic
 
Andrea Petkovic is another "Serbian" non-Serbian player which deserve thread in Serbian Sensations subforum. She is born in Tuzla (Bosnia) and playing for Germany where her family live since her childhood. But more important reason for her promotion here than her Serbian origins is fact that this year she is best ranked player which active played for Serbian best Tennis Club "Partizan" (Belgrade) and also she is only top100 player which participate in Serbians 2009 National Championships (Ana, Jelena, Novak, Viktor and Janko not played this year for theirs domestic Tennis Clubs). This summer Andrea is not been only best ranked player, but also player in best shape, so she simple destroyed all her opponents (like Partizan 1st racket she played always vs #1 players of others clubs) and helped TC Partizan to reach another National Championship in Womens competition this season (two weeks ago).

Best proof about Andrea breakthrough this summer (she is 1987 born, just 2 month older than Ivanovic) is this week tournament in Bad Gastein where she reach her career first WTA semifinal, final... and TITLE!



Andrea so far is more known for her ITF success and couple times break to TOP100 (never before broke TOP90), but thanks to this big WTA success in Austria since next week she will be close to TOP50 (about #60)!!! Her couch is her father Zoran Petkovic (former tennis player).

SM Jul 27th, 2009 01:16 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
late bloomher perhaps?

good luck to her

Cp6uja Sep 3rd, 2010 09:40 AM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Andrea Petkovic reach yesterday careers first GS 3rd round, she is WTA TOP40 for months, so already now we are ready without doubt to say that she is 2010 Serbian non-Serbian tennis player of the Year! Every time when Dokic shows some signs of comeback something goes wrong, and supertalented Kristina Mladenovic transition from juniors to pro-tennis going much slower and harder than anyone expect, so Andrea after another breakthrough season and constant improvement seems also like best pick in this category for upcoming 2011 season also.

Except her Serbian origins and membership of Tennis Club Partizan Belgrade, Andrea's connection with Serbian tennis (players) coming since her juniors days especially with other 1987-born Serbs like Novak Djokovic and of course Ana Ivanovic. This season when she thanks to much better ranking finally have real pro-player schedule (without ITF-circuit or too much MM events) Andrea's friendship with Ana is stronger than ever, and no big surprise that she is Ana's only doubles partner so far this season. As currently best ranked Germans WTA player Andrea will improve for sure in Adidas players hierarchy, which potentially means also more connections with Adidas current biggest WTA superstar (guess who;)). Talking about other her off court activities, Petkovic is known like one of most intelligent and most educated WTA players, but since this season Andrea also shows some signs of ability to attract people and media attention which is some kind of trademark of almost all big Serbian names (Slobodan Zivojinovic, Monica Seles, Jelena Dokic, Jelena Jankovic, Janko Tipsarevic, Novak Djokovic, Ana Ivanovic...).

cosmic Jan 6th, 2011 09:35 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Andrea is super cute!

Safe-From-Harm Jan 7th, 2011 08:05 AM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Then she is a Bosnian Serb, like me;)

<Majmun> Jan 7th, 2011 01:26 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-From-Harm (Post 18942568)
Then she is a Bosnian Serb, like me;)

That makes 2 of us :rocker2:

Safe-From-Harm Jan 23rd, 2011 01:05 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
So, are we gonna cheer for Petkovic to win the whole thing:D?

Actually she is the only Bosnian Serb in WTA, I must be patriotic!
And BTW, Germany is country where I would like to live, If I have to choose.
Then, win them all Andrea!

EDIT: Maybe there is some other Bosnian serb on WTA, but I don't think her rank is higher than 500.

<Majmun> Jan 23rd, 2011 02:16 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-From-Harm (Post 19048070)
So, are we gonna cheer for Petkovic to win the whole thing:D?

Actually she is the only Bosnian Serb in WTA, I must be patriotic!
And BTW, Germany is country where I would like to live, If I have to choose.
Then, win them all Andrea!

EDIT: Maybe there is some other Bosnian serb on WTA, but I don't think her rank is higher than 500.

I've always cheered for her along side of Ana and JJ all though i admit i haven't followed her matches as close as Ana and JJ's.

If there is a best country in the world to live in it would be Australia :angel:.

I hope she manages to get past Li, but it wont be easy.

Safe-From-Harm Jan 23rd, 2011 02:54 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by <Majmun> (Post 19048268)
I've always cheered for her along side of Ana and JJ all though i admit i haven't followed her matches as close as Ana and JJ's.

If there is a best country in the world to live in it would be Australia :angel:.

I hope she manages to get past Li, but it wont be easy.


Yes, I must admit it too. I haven't watched her matches, like I did with Jelena's.

Well, even If Li wins, I would be satisfied in some way beacuse I like Li also. But it would be great to see Andrea in semis:hearts:

And, Austaralia looks nice on pictures, but I think I couldn't be able to get away from summer heat. Summer is my least faveourite time of the year.
If only I could put my skin off when it's more than 35 degress.

<Majmun> Jan 23rd, 2011 03:05 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-From-Harm (Post 19048380)
Yes, I must admit it too. I haven't watched her matches, like I did with Jelena's.

Well, even If Li wins, I would be satisfied in some way beacuse I like Li also. But it would be great to see Andrea in semis:hearts:

And, Austaralia looks nice on pictures, but I think I couldn't be able to get away from summer heat. Summer is my least faveourite time of the year.
If only I could put my skin off when it's more than 35 degress.

Same here i like Li as well, because she comes across as "down to earth player" so if she wins i be happy for her, but i be cheering for Andrea.

I prefer summer to winter.

Winter: depressive, cold, and early night falls. Only good thing is skiing.

Summer: beaches,chicks in bikinis, longer days,fishing :angel:

As for heat, you buy your self an air-conditioning unit then you get 2 jobs to pay of your energy bill.

Safe-From-Harm Jan 23rd, 2011 03:11 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by <Majmun> (Post 19048421)
Same here i like Li as well, because she comes across as "down to earth player" so if she wins i be happy for her, but i be cheering for Andrea.

I prefer summer to winter.

Winter: depressive, cold, and early night falls. Only good thing is skiing.

Summer: beaches,chicks in bikinis, longer days,fishing :angel:

As for heat, you buy your self an air-conditioning unit then you get 2 jobs to pay of your energy bill.


Haha, it easy to say and when You wrote all of it it seems summer is like heaven. Which is not.
Then I just imagine... longer day- longer fighting for breath and not to die beacuse of hotness...
Chicks, sounds great, but when I see me sweeting more and more, and smelling, I don't think any of the chick would look at me:lol:
And then, fishing.... kinda boring, I can fall a sleep and after waking up I would be REDmen.
No, thanks I prefer winter more.

Cold fits to my body perfectly.

But hey, my choises would always be autumn or spring... but I don't see much of them those days... Get back old friends!
Autumn is definitly the best part of the year, colourfull, not hot/not cold, when it's without rain-it's perfect!

Safe-From-Harm Jan 23rd, 2011 03:13 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
And, I like rain when I'm at home:D

Like Enya sings- It's in the rain....

<Majmun> Jan 23rd, 2011 03:22 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-From-Harm (Post 19048438)
Haha, it easy to say and when You wrote all of it it seems summer is like heaven. Which is not.
Then I just imagine... longer day- longer fighting for breath and not to die beacuse of hotness...
Chicks, sounds great, but when I see me sweeting more and more, and smelling, I don't think any of the chick would look at me:lol:
And then, fishing.... kinda boring, I can fall a sleep and after waking up I would be REDmen.
No, thanks I prefer winter more.

Cold fits to my body perfectly.

But hey, my choises would always be autumn or spring... but I don't see much of them those days... Get back old friends!
Autumn is definitly the best part of the year, colourfull, not hot/not cold, when it's without rain-it's perfect!

You obviously never fished with TNT/dynamite, it's anything but boring.

Safe-From-Harm Jan 23rd, 2011 03:24 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by <Majmun> (Post 19048482)
You obviously never fished with TNT/dynamite, it's anything but boring.

No, but it sounds freaky:unsure:

<Majmun> Jan 23rd, 2011 03:28 PM

Re: Andrea Petkovic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-From-Harm (Post 19048492)
No, but it sounds freakyit sounds freaky:unsure:

Lets just say that one of my friends tried it once for fun and there was a rain of fish and i think he might have blasted a lochness monster out of water as well.

He done it only once and it wiped the smile of his face.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.