Tennis Forum banner

Who do you think are the most Charismatic tennis players?

13K views 177 replies 91 participants last post by  Langers 
#1 ·
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Sharapova
Jelena Jankovic

:shrug:

#10 ·
They're both very charismatic. I don't think you really get the word honey, charismatic doesnt necessarely mean being hugely loud, in your face and wearing over the top funky clothes, you should check your dictionary.

#6 ·
Limiting it to active players ....'

Before they start talking, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Jankovic

After they start talking, Venus Williams, Amelie Mauresmo. They're adults.

Special Mention: Serena Williams. Part of being a star is craft. Serena has mastered that. She's better at being a star and having her own life than anyone else on tour. Partly, I suppose, because she likes it.

Reactions: mauresmofan
#8 ·
I personally find Dementieva utterly besotting--particularly the way she can be cool and poised one second, a giggly, goofy girl the next and the slip into total nerdina mode a second later. But I guess some people don't see it.

Caro seems to have a very appealing personality and I think will get more popular if she wins some big ones.

Ana is always stiff as a board, IMHO. JJ tries too hard. I was actually warming up to her until about a year ago. Now I just want her to STFU.

Venus has a nice, quiet dignified appeal. Serena can be fun if it's not a post-match interview. TOB is a little slick and packaged, yet even knowing that she knows how to work it and has the endorsements and popularity to prove it.

Ai Sugiyama is very cute and charming, I think, as is Penneta who I think comes across as being much prettier than she is because she's so charming.

Safina, before the whole #1 thing got to her, had a nice sense of humor. Kuzzy is funny as hell, but is never going to be a cover girl.

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally
#79 · (Edited)
I came into this thread laughing because Demented wasn't mentioned in the first few posts. :p

So I wondered how long before you remedied that oversight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

With all due respect if Serena's post match pressers weren't fun, they wouldn't be the number one off court attraction in women's tennis. :angel:

So when you talk charisma Serena and Hingis have/had it in spades; on and off the court.

Being good looking is only a part of charisma but it doesn't hurt, thus Ana I. makes the list too.

Jelena J tries too hard but still she has personality to spare.

No one on tour is more compelling with a mic in her face than Venus Williams.

#37 ·
I (obviously) agree, though from what I've heard from fellow posters and read in interviews, Lena's charm works best one-on-one or a small room, as opposed to on TV or a stadium full of people.

#22 ·
does anyone know what charismatic means,Sharapova is far from charismatic she is just pretty,Ana is just a pretty face I dont want to hear her speak,
Michael Jackson,Barack Obama,Lady Diana,Pope John Paul the 2nd,Fidel Castro,Mandela and Will Smith, these people are or were charismatic.

#25 ·
Since some of you have some problems knowing what it means I will give you a hand:

charisma [(kuh-riz-muh)]

Extraordinary power and appeal of personality; natural ability to inspire a large following.

Following that I think JJ is charismatic (though for some reason is decreasing quite fast) and to me Serena tops as the most charismatic player.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.