TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Tammi Patterson (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=383946)

Dani12 Jul 2nd, 2009 06:46 AM

Tammi Patterson

Thought it was about time she got a thread, she has started to do rather well this season, though its about time. She acheived and ranking a has been travelling in Europe, which is always nice to see.

This week she is playing a 10k in Italy and is currently in the quarter final.

RND1 - Tammi PATTERSON (AUS) defeated Stefania FADABINI (ITA) 6-3 6-4
RND2 - Tammi PATTERSON (AUS) defeated Marcella KOEK (NED) (8) 6-1 6-2

QTR FNL -

Lisa SABINO (ITA) (1) Vs Tammi PATTERSON (AUS)

Good luck :yeah:

louloubelle Jul 4th, 2009 12:18 AM

Re: Tammi Patterson

Bummer!! (1)Lisa Sabino ITA d. (Q)Tammi Patterson AUS 0-6 6-3 7-6(3)

jack21 Jul 9th, 2009 04:00 AM

Tammi is into the second round of a 10k in GBR after she took out the 8th seed in straight sets, she plays a wc in the second round. Her recent good results will see her break into the top 900 for the first time and if she keeps up this form she will continue to rise, I would like to see her in the top 600 by the end of the year and hoppefully all the other NSW girls will get thir butt's into gear as well.

Dani12 Jul 23rd, 2010 10:32 PM

Tammi had a really good run at the 25k in Wrexham, Britain. This will be very handy points for her...who would have thought Tammi would be making such huge strides and peers like Tyra Calderwood are completely MIA. Hope she keeps it up!

louloubelle Jul 24th, 2010 01:36 AM

Never seen Tammi play but like how she is going about things. Wouldve been an experience for her to play someone like Sania Mirza.

jack21 Jul 24th, 2010 04:18 AM

This result will push Tammi into the top 500 for the first time, somwhere in the 470's.

Mana Jul 26th, 2010 08:11 PM

Can you imagine how ugly the match against Mirza would have been :spit: Balls flying over the fence I would say.

Keep going Tammi. Your results this year have been great, hope she can puch inside the top 400 by years end.

Mana Sep 9th, 2010 07:35 AM

Tammi just beat Cavaday 36 63 63 in Cairns R2 :)

14 more points to the ranking :)

Imagine how fast the courts are playing up there with the heat... she must be smacking that ball.

Mana Sep 9th, 2010 07:38 AM

With this weeks effort she should move up to about #415.

Top 400 by seasons end is a lock.

Next goal, top 350 :D

Territory Sep 9th, 2010 09:15 AM

This is a really great result. I seem to remember her overseas results at the start of the year were really shit - took her ages to start knocking up some wins. And now this?

She might be our 4th best young'un soon: behind Sally, Olivia and Jess and ahead of Marija, Monika and Izzy. Who woulda guessed??

ozfan44 Sep 9th, 2010 09:43 AM

I always hoped Tammi could produce these results....she had potential when she was younger and used to hit the ball pretty hard and flat....had so many injury worries over the years, glad to see she is making some progress!!

Mana Sep 9th, 2010 10:27 AM

Rick - I think Tammi's problem in the past is that she had zero margin for error on her shots. Flat serve, fore hand & back hand. If she nails it, it's a winner.. If not she's sending it over the fence.

Not to mention always being a little out of shape.

Seeing recent photo's of her, she seems to have really trimmed down.

If I had to liken her to a player now, I would say Mel South. Big game, never been able to put it together.

Mana Sep 16th, 2010 04:14 AM

Tammi made the semi finals last week and is into the quarter finals this week.

At this rate she will soar inside the top 300 by the end of the year.

She must be gaurenteed at least a QWC into the AO next year :)

jack21 Sep 16th, 2010 11:55 AM

She will be pretty much top of the list for a QWC. I'd like to see her face Liv in the QFs.

TS Sep 16th, 2010 02:35 PM

Massive amount of improvement from Tammi this year :) Goes to show that hard work and dedication pay off, as does travel and having a crack overseas. Top 300 is certainly a realistic prospect by year's end.