TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies? The colourful and vibrant YJHD is out:) (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=379341)

Mynarco May 19th, 2009 01:55 PM

Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies? The colourful and vibrant YJHD is out:)

Bollywood movies - movies made in India :)

I love DON, Om Shanti Om, both have Indian megastar SRK in it...
and most of the bollywood stars ARE sexy :hearts:

Sam L May 19th, 2009 02:53 PM

Re: Anybody into BOLLYWOOD movies?

I've seen a few that I really like but I can't say I'm really into them.

Expat May 19th, 2009 03:00 PM

Not a fan of it. I must have watched like 2 movies over the past 5 years. That too on flights to India.

skanky~skanketta May 19th, 2009 03:20 PM

I used to love them. Then they became to Hollywood-ish. If I wanted Hollywood type movies, I'd rather watch the original. Even the music has becomes too "Western". Of course, I still love watching Kabhie Hushi, Devdas, DDLJ, Dil To Pagal Hai and Dil Chahta Hai over and over again. And of course, the older ones like Jeet, Baazigar, Rangeela still tickle my fancy. :o

Expat May 19th, 2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta (Post 15674933)
I used to love them. Then they became to Hollywood-ish. If I wanted Hollywood type movies, I'd rather watch the original. Even the music has becomes too "Western". Of course, I still love watching Kabhie Hushi, Devdas, DDLJ, Dil To Pagal Hai and Dil Chahta Hai over and over again. And of course, the older ones like Jeet, Baazigar, Rangeela still tickle my fancy. :o

The old songs are the best. By old I mean 50s 60s 70s. Nowadays Bollywood music is horrible. All Himesh Reshammiya types.

Infiniti2001 May 19th, 2009 03:33 PM

I am--- I've been obsessed with SRK for years. He is the only actor I care about . Gosh, I own most of his movies :lol: I recently purchased his last movie Rab ne bana di jodi and while I enjoyed watching him on the screen, I didn't really like the movie. My favorite movie of his is Swades.

Infiniti2001 May 19th, 2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalit (Post 15674960)
The old songs are the best. By old I mean 50s 60s 70s. Nowadays Bollywood music is horrible. All Himesh Reshammiya types.

I so enjoyed the music from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. Don't get me started on this Himesh dude UGH. My favorite singer is Udit Nayaran--- I learned quite a bit of hindi by listening to him :lol:

Expat May 19th, 2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 (Post 15674995)
I am--- I've been obsessed with SRK for years. He is the only actor I care about . Gosh, I own most of his movies :lol: I recently purchased his last movie Rab ne bana di jodi and while I enjoyed watching him on the screen, I didn't really like the movie. My favorite movie of his is Swades.

I have a bro in law that looks like SRK. But I hate SRK. Horrible hamming overactor. Swades though is a good movie.

Infiniti2001 May 19th, 2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalit (Post 15675044)
I have a bro in law that looks like SRK. But I hate SRK. Horrible hamming overactor. Swades though is a good movie.

BLAH!!! SRK rocks :wavey:

Milito22 May 19th, 2009 05:29 PM

Devdas :drool:, baunty aur Babli :lol:, Aishwaira Rai is my favourite indian actress

Mynarco May 19th, 2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudlyJesusFreak (Post 15675644)
Devdas :drool:, baunty aur Babli :lol:, Aishwaira Rai is my favourite indian actress

Is it just me that Aishwarya Rai has too much makeup on her face?
Deepika Padukone (:hearts:) and Priyanka Chopra are much better.

I have only finished a few bollywood movies:
Ghajini, Don, Om Shanti Om (I got Devdas in my computer)
these movies are relatively new, and I am into it :hearts:

I can buy cheap Bollywood dvd only 2 dollar USD :devil:

skanky~skanketta May 20th, 2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiniti2001 (Post 15675019)
I so enjoyed the music from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. Don't get me started on this Himesh dude UGH. My favorite singer is Udit Nayaran--- I learned quite a bit of hindi by listening to him :lol:

I agree! Udit ROCKS! So does Alka Yagnik. Lots of my fave songs are from major flops though, like Beqabu, Mr. Aashiq and Krishna. And back then, I loved Jatil-Lalit and Rajesh Roshan.

skanky~skanketta May 20th, 2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono (Post 15676330)
Is it just me that Aishwarya Rai has too much makeup on her face?
Deepika Padukone (:hearts:) and Priyanka Chopra are much better.

I have only finished a few bollywood movies:
Ghajini, Don, Om Shanti Om (I got Devdas in my computer)
these movies are relatively new, and I am into it :hearts:

Aish is a pretty good actress, though she plays the melodramatic roles better. I was most impressed with her performance in Devdas.

My favourite actresses are Madhuri Dixit, Karishma Kapoor and Urmila Matondkar. And they're all amazing dancers as well. Madhuri's smile is truly gorgeous! I like Sri Devi as well, but I preferred her in Tamil movies. And though I'm not a big fam, I agree that Kajol is a fantastic actress as well.

As for the actors, I love Aamir Khan. SRK is ok, but he does tend to overact. Hritik, I cannot stand! He looks too plastic! And I like Saif Ali in comedic roles. I dont really like the new brand of actors. I'm totally old school!

Direwolf May 20th, 2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono (Post 15676330)

Do you go Bollywood hunting
in Chung King Mansion
in TST??

:devil::devil::devil:

LOL

Mynarco May 20th, 2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g00dby33 (Post 15678795)
Do you go Bollywood hunting
in Chung King Mansion
in TST??

:devil::devil::devil:

LOL

;)
yes