TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Viktorija 'Vicky' Rajicic (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=378197)

OZTENNIS May 7th, 2009 10:28 AM

Viktorija 'Vicky' Rajicic

I'm sure most of you have heard of Viktorija (Vicky) Rajicic by now. She is a talented up and comer.
I will remove her from the 'Discovery Thread' now because she has her own thread.

Date of Birth - 07/04/1994 (age 15)
Place of Residence - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Favourite Surface - Hardcourt
Coach - Geoff Guy and Chris Mahoney (through Melbourne National High Performance Academy)
ITF Junior Ranking - No.344
Australian Ranking - No.60
Victorian Ranking - No.17
2009 Highlights - 2nd Rd $US25 000 Ipswich ITF Women's Circuit Event
- No.1 girl on 16&U Australian Junior Fed Cup Team which finished 2nd in Asia/Oceania Competition
- Winner Auckland 18&U ITF Summer Championships
- Runner Up Gallipoli Youth Tennis Cup
- Runner Up 16s Autumn Nationals

Vicky plays in a similar style to Marina Erakovic. She is a powerful baseliner with a strong forehand and an improving serve. She can volley, when required, and she also is quite fleet footed around the court. Gets some good whip on the ball which will become more effective as she gets stronger and more consistent. Has a good game to succeed on clay.
And now for some pictures...

Dani12 May 7th, 2009 11:29 AM

Re: Viktorija 'Vicky' Rajicic

Yeah good idea. I don't like the nickname Vicky :lol: But whatever.

OZTENNIS May 7th, 2009 11:38 AM

^^^
Yeah, I don't know should we keep it at 'Viktorija,' shorten it to 'Vika' or Aussiefy it to 'Vicky'
Alicia kept calling her Vicky in the Junior Fed Cup videos.

Привет May 7th, 2009 11:52 AM

Hmm... :shrug: Her name is Viktorija, so until she gets famous enough that we know what she should be nicknamed, maybe just keep it at that. ;)

She even looks like Marina! :lol:

Harvs May 7th, 2009 02:39 PM

Shite she needs to fix up her hair or outfits or something.

Vicky88 May 7th, 2009 03:50 PM

Didn't want to be the first to say it, but she definitely needs to de-blokify herself. Maybe she can go by Tori as it's better than Vicky.

maya-serbia May 7th, 2009 05:14 PM

She's from Serbia ....or Montenegro... :D

Keadz May 7th, 2009 09:02 PM

She is actually from Australia ;)

Dani12 May 7th, 2009 10:06 PM

People are annoying :( Its a croatian name anyway..

Привет May 7th, 2009 10:26 PM

:lol: I always think it's funny how people think that if an Australian has a foreign sounding name, that they were born overseas. Rajicic's family could have been living in Australia for generations! :rolls:

And I'm of the mindset that if she is happy and comfortable playing in baggy clothes, she shouldn't have to change it. A hair tie could probably help keep her hair out of her face though. ;) :lol:

Привет May 7th, 2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky88 (Post 15584835)
Didn't want to be the first to say it, but she definitely needs to de-blokify herself. Maybe she can go by Tori as it's better than Vicky.

Just personally, I think Tori is worse than Vicky! :lol:

Vicky88 May 8th, 2009 12:27 AM

Well as a Vicky I would think that anything would have to be better than being called that. Only reason I think these girls need to pay better attention to themselves is because the big bucks in the game of tennis come from sponsorship. Anyone who looks likes the rest of us tends to get ignored, think of Casey as an example. Look at how Jetstar fell all over Jelena and gave her $1m within a microsecond of a decent result.

Привет May 8th, 2009 12:28 AM

Good point, Vicky88. Let's hope Rajicic can get the sponsorship deals because of some great results and not because she unwillingly changed her appearance. :)

OZTENNIS May 8th, 2009 12:32 AM

To be honest I don't even know why we have to be talking about her appearance right now. She only just turned 15 and shouldn't have to worry about marketing or what she looks like until/if she makes waves on the senior circuit. Just let her be who she is, I say.

maya-serbia May 8th, 2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danimoo (Post 15588330)
People are annoying :( Its a croatian name anyway..

No way man,that is not Croatian name 100%...I just sad that she's from Serbia (her mother-father,their rooots ;) )

Melissa is born in Australia but she is playing 4 Serbia :kiss: