TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Alize Adventures in Wonderland (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1227)
-   -   Alizé Fans Off-topic Thread! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=374188)

tea Mar 25th, 2009 04:14 PM

Alizé Fans Off-topic Thread!

We are:
améliemomo - Amira
Kovalchuk - Kovy
Charlieflip - Filip
Dorien. - Dorien
5ean - Sean
louisa. - Louisa
Alizé Molik - Damien
Пепи. - Fiorella, also Pepi or Ella
justine schnyder - Neta
tea. - Andrew
---
Okay, let's start. First, I guess we need kind of census of the fans.:D
So, everybody who feel interested for chat here, please make an introduction post. You maybe know each other already, but I don't, because I'm new:baby: here, you know.

Also this thread may be useful in times between the tournaments when no tennis is playing.

I'll start from myself.
I'm not from Switzerland as a flag says. Started to watch tennis somewhere in 2003 and felt in love with this game for all life. Being a huge Kim Clijsters fan almost stoped watching WTA when she quited. Fortunately became a fan of Alize and interest to womens tennis has been restored... I like tennis players with not ordinary style of the game, with some special appeal. Cornet definitely has it.
Umm... real name isn't important atm, call me tea. (Was drinking tea in the moment of registration.:D)

Enough for the first post I think, your turn now.:wavey:

P.S. Need to accent that here you may write anything you want in any format you want and as frequent as you want.
P.P.S. Never started threads before, so if something I'm doing wrong, please correct me.:angel:

Kovalchuk Mar 25th, 2009 05:37 PM

Re: Alizé Fans Off-topic Thread!

:wavey:

i am not really good at introducing myself.

ok, you can call me Kovy, actually i'm from Taiwan, in asia. (myself don't feel comfortable to use chinese name in english forum) San Marino flag is only used for tennis tipping. :lol:

a casual tennis fan for more than ten years, in the past enjoyed watching Hingis, Sabatini, Novotna... mostly from their grand slam performance. until recent years, starting to follow more tour events and new players.

i like watching clay court tennis the most, so you all know why i'm here.

other detail we can find out in future conversations.

ps: nice to meet you, tea :)

améliemomo Mar 25th, 2009 07:50 PM

Hey come on guys!dont be shy:o

you can tell us your real name, you know. No spy agencies reading and searching some informations about you lol

well very happy you finally create the Alize offtopic thread tea:)

so My name is Amira, as you know and my pseudo reveals it ,Im a big fan of amelie mauresmo.In fact Im especially a big fan of interresting and different tennis.
I like watching tennis and practise it also when I have time. I'm a tennis addict for many years now.I love players with different game and great personality so its naturally that I became to cheer for Alize.
She's also very smart and I love smart people:D:drool:

I hope we'll have some fun outthere and also some phylosophic discussions(I m kidding for the first one:o)
no seriously welcome to everyone who want to share good and fun moments outthere;)

so first question: tea if you're not from switzerland... where do you come from??:p

Charlieflip Mar 25th, 2009 08:45 PM

Hello!

I didn't get the gender of the first two, and the age also? I myself am a boy, 20 years old and named Filip :) Also I live in sweden. Ive played tennis for 14 years, but quit a while ago when my club couldn't let me train as much as I wanted. I still play from time to time, tennis has been a big part of my life, and I know most of the elite tennis juniors from sweden. I play especially when Im on vacation, and Ive tested venues all around the world :) Ive also been ballboy on many famous players from sweden, like wilander and johansson.

I think I love Alize so much because I can relate to her very much. She and I play very similiar, both technique-wise and because of the emotions. I find her extremly cute also :inlove:

that's me, happy to meet you all!

Btw, Amira, I don't disagree, but what makes you think Alize is smart?

tea Mar 25th, 2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalchuk (Post 15260838)
i like watching clay court tennis the most, so you all know why i'm here.

other detail we can find out in future conversations.

ps: nice to meet you, tea :)

Nice to meet you, Kovy, too.:)
What does your nickname mean? It sounds to me like a surname.:)
Hehe, I like clay court tennis too, but only womens... Hate mens clay season, it's so boring.:o

Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 15262089)
Hey come on guys!dont be shy:o

It's natural that newbies like me are shy.:D

Quote:

you can tell us your real name, you know. No spy agencies reading and searching some informations about you lol
Are you sure?:unsure::lol:

Quote:

I like watching tennis and practise it also when I have time. I'm a tennis addict for many years now.I love players with different game and great personality so its naturally that I became to cheer for Alize.
She's also very smart and I love smart people:D:drool:
Smart tennis rules!:rocker2: Not atm on tour, but things will change.:cool:
I started play tennis last summer and can't be proud of myself, because my younger sister outplays me.:D

Quote:

so first question: tea if you're not from switzerland... where do you come from??:p
Mmmm, those spy agencies, you know...:lol: Eastern Europe I'm from.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15262633)
Hello!

I didn't get the gender of the first two, and the age also? I myself am a boy, 20 years old and named Filip :) Also I live in sweden. Ive played tennis for 14 years, but quit a while ago when my club couldn't let me train as much as I wanted. I still play from time to time, tennis has been a big part of my life, and I know most of the elite tennis juniors from sweden. I play especially when Im on vacation, and Ive tested venues all around the world :) Ive also been ballboy on many famous players from sweden, like wilander and johansson.

24, male.:p
14 years of tennis? Wow, that's very cool.:cool:
You've seen Mats live when he was playing on tour?:scratch:

Dorien. Mar 25th, 2009 09:02 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm Dorien, a 20 year old girl from Belgium. I start watching and following tennis since the final of Kim Clijsters against Capriati at Roland Garros. I like the Belgian players, Mauresmo, Alizé (offcourse :), Niculescu, Jankovic and some more ;)

améliemomo Mar 25th, 2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15262633)

Btw, Amira, I don't disagree, but what makes you think Alize is smart?

well you know I read and listen many interviews of her, the way she express,speak, analyse her game, progression...
Lot of maturity. She got her college degree 2 years in advance, always polite, played piano also:)

oh!i m a girl (25):wavey:

Charlieflip Mar 25th, 2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea. (Post 15262729)
24, male.:p
14 years of tennis? Wow, that's very cool.:cool:
You've seen Mats live when he was playing on tour?:scratch:

No, he was retired, it was an exhibition match he was playing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 15263122)
well you know I read and listen many interviews of her, the way she express,speak, analyse her game, progression...
Lot of maturity. She got her college degree 2 years in advance, always polite, played piano also:)

Oh I see, well I've got the same impression. But you are french too, which means that you can hear what she's saying in her own native language which obviously makes it more easy to understand her.

Collage degree??? seriously?? when did she have time to go to collage? are you sure you don't mean high school??

Kovalchuk Mar 26th, 2009 06:15 AM

:wavey: Amira, Filip and Dorien

sounds like i'm oldest here so far, 27, male.

i don't really know how to use my real name in english. if really want to know, i'll try to dig out the translation for you all. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea. (Post 15262729)
Nice to meet you, Kovy, too.:)
What does your nickname mean? It sounds to me like a surname.:)
Hehe, I like clay court tennis too, but only womens... Hate mens clay season, it's so boring.:o

Kovy is the nick of my favourite ice hockey player, so..

i like both men's and womens, mens can be boring cause Nadal is winning everything nowadays, but in the past there's much more fun with so many characteristic claycourters.

these days, not many young top girls on tour can figure out how to play clay tennis. even if they are still winning matches on that surface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 15263122)

i can feel Alize is a polite, graceful good girl, didn't know she already
got college degree. that's new information for me :)

améliemomo Mar 26th, 2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15263758)

Oh I see, well I've got the same impression. But you are french too, which means that you can hear what she's saying in her own native language which obviously makes it more easy to understand her.

Collage degree??? seriously?? when did she have time to go to collage? are you sure you don't mean high school??

yes you re right.I meant high school:lol:or this would mean she's a genius!

yes as french, I understand her and I can tell you that she speaks very good. She probably would have made very good studies I guess if she wasnt tennis player.:)

kovy you're right about the tour not having a real claycourter, I mean a real contender for roland garros like justine henin was.She was dominating the surface so well.
Last time I was on youtube and found a video of azarenka/kvitova match of last year prague tournament and it was soo "nonclay game"
yo know if it was played on hard it will be exactly the same:rolleyes:

as for the atp players I like gasquet even if he's kind of a headcase. Im following his results for many years now, hoping that one day, he'll finally fullfil all his potential but omg that's tough to make it happen:tape:

I like federer too cause he's so talented and class. I like talent in fact.:p

tea Mar 26th, 2009 10:03 PM

Evening all!
This thread isn't going fast I see.:p

Dorien, nice to meet you.:) I like Belgian players too.:D When I read that Yanina's fauvorite players are Kim and Roger I've started to like her even more... sad, she isn't play good atm, because she clearly has the game.:o
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15263758)
No, he was retired, it was an exhibition match he was playing :)

Anyway, you're lucky! Mats is a legend. Oh, I like his interviews and shows on Eurosport during RG. He's funny.:D But his predictions about the matches results are always wrong.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalchuk (Post 15266030)
i like both men's and womens, mens can be boring cause Nadal is winning everything nowadays, but in the past there's much more fun with so many characteristic claycourters.

these days, not many young top girls on tour can figure out how to play clay tennis. even if they are still winning matches on that surface.

Absolutely my feelings as well.
When I saw the way Venus Williams won Acapulco title... I thought 'she can win RG' - and this is crazy but not impossible...

Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 15266672)
as for the atp players I like gasquet even if he's kind of a headcase. Im following his results for many years now, hoping that one day, he'll finally fullfil all his potential but omg that's tough to make it happen:tape:

I like federer too cause he's so talented and class. I like talent in fact.:p

Every frenchie likes Federer.:D
When Richard is ON it's almost that pleasure to watch that Federer, but he's so unpredictable...
We'll see in 5-10 years one-handed BH becomes a history.:rolleyes: So we are lucky to enjoy now a few players at ATP and WTA who stills plays this old-fashioned beautiful tennis...

Charlieflip Mar 27th, 2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 15266672)
yes you re right.I meant high school:lol:or this would mean she's a genius!

yes as french, I understand her and I can tell you that she speaks very good. She probably would have made very good studies I guess if she wasnt tennis player.:)

Haha, you had me jumping there for a while. I trust you on her brains being above averege, I've also got that impression many times.

améliemomo Mar 27th, 2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea. (Post 15271226)
Every frenchie likes Federer.:D
When Richard is ON it's almost that pleasure to watch that Federer, but he's so unpredictable...
We'll see in 5-10 years one-handed BH becomes a history.:rolleyes: So we are lucky to enjoy now a few players at ATP and WTA who stills plays this old-fashioned beautiful tennis...

Hi everyone:wavey:

yes federer is liked by french people because he's producing high class tennis and is very talented. He's liked because he's swiss and make the effort everyime he s interviewed by french medias to speak in french.
Well you know at roland garros the crowd is 100% with roger cause we know how great champion he is and tha he has to win this slam to pass the record of sampras and become the best player,the best.
we feel more "linked" to him than nadal I guess:p

and yes one handed backhand is just pure and class tennis imo. Its so tough to play with that technique and being n°1 with that is just amazing:worship:

tea Mar 27th, 2009 08:28 PM

I respect the people who are "linked" more to him than to Nadal. Amira.;):p
Too sad that all this French support doesn't help him to win Roland Garros.:(
I think if the miracle will happen and Federer to win Garros it will be the best day of my life.:awww: It will never happen...:awww:

Hey, a question to all: what other sports than tennis do you like?

améliemomo Mar 27th, 2009 09:59 PM

well never say never tea... nadal can broke his leg and then roger would have a chance to win roland garros:ignore:
nadal is just too good on clay. He can only lose to someone as strong and endurant as him.

Another sport outside tennis??

:scratch: none.

Oh no no no!! I love watching olympic games!swimming, handball,volleyball,escrime,gymnastique

but its every 4 years you know.