TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Alize Adventures in Wonderland (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1227)
-   -   Alizé surf in USA*** (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=372603)

améliemomo Mar 6th, 2009 08:11 AM

Alizé surf in USA***

Alize is actually in France to cure her shoulder but be probably playing Indian Wells next week:)

it will be the first time for her in this tournament,last year she didnt play it so there will be a good opportunity to win some precious points and boost her confidence.

Well I just hope she'll be healthy and make a good run there

Allez!!

Dinayer Mar 6th, 2009 02:32 PM

Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Allez Alize!

hopefully her shoulder wont bother her :hug:

Charlieflip Mar 6th, 2009 03:38 PM

Lol when I saw this thread I thought Alize was actually surfing in the US I was like wtf :P

Yeah I really hope she will do well, however Im worried her shoulder wont have healed fully.

améliemomo Mar 7th, 2009 08:48 AM

lol charlieflip, I found this title thread because of california and their famouss beach, so surf is a cool thing to do for our alize

I'm worried too about her shoulder,but well it has to be an end of this injury,its been since the begining of the year that shehas to cop with that pain.
She's apparently going to be the seed n°11. I hope she'll be in radwanska,azarenka or kuznetsova part of the draw

Charlieflip Mar 7th, 2009 05:13 PM

Really? She had this injury in AO already? She did so well, she almost beat safina.

tea Mar 7th, 2009 09:19 PM

New here.:wavey:
To tell the truth, I don't want to see Alize playing with a shoulder problem right now.:(
She better be healthy for the US tournaments or not to play them. Clay is the surface that matter, and I want to believe she's preparing her best up to it.:)
Quote:

Really? She had this injury in AO already? She did so well, she almost beat safina.
Shock. Well, it's okay when you play a GS event with an injury... but why on earth that Dubai has been played?:rolleyes: She must care of herself, she must!:o

Charlieflip Mar 8th, 2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea. (Post 15144740)
New here.:wavey:
To tell the truth, I don't want to see Alize playing with a shoulder problem right now.:(
She better be healthy for the US tournaments or not to play them. Clay is the surface that matter, and I want to believe she's preparing her best up to it.:)

Shock. Well, it's okay when you play a GS event with an injury... but why on earth that Dubai has been played?:rolleyes: She must care of herself, she must!:o

Well, Im not surprised she would play a GS with a injury. Im surprised she played so extremely well. She had 3 matchballs against Safina and would certainly beat Dokic to reach the final.

Welcome to the forum.

améliemomo Mar 8th, 2009 10:09 AM

yes to answer you charlieflip,she felt that problem,pain in her shoulder since the off season,when she played interclubs in france and if she played good against safina it is because she had an "infiltration" to make her not feel the pain.
She's a brave girl who loves her sport,thats why she kept playing in dubai.
She better has to be wise and see her priorities.But well I hope she'll get better.

Welcome tea:wavey:

tea Mar 8th, 2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15147054)
Well, Im not surprised she would play a GS with a injury. Im surprised she played so extremely well. She had 3 matchballs against Safina and would certainly beat Dokic to reach the final.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcomes you and améliemomo.:)

I can undestand your surprise - she played that well at the AO with an injury, how can she play without it? No one know but better, yes? We need to wait that moment.;) French Open this year might be this moment.

Matchpoints vs Safina were all about her, Safina. I mean it's not like Alize lost that match, it's the powerful Safina woke up and destroyed our tiny Cornet.;)

As for Dubai I think it was a mistake to play it. But I must to agree with améliemomo - she is such a fighter, Alize.:worship:

Anyone who knows French, is in a link below any interesting news?:angel:
http://www.alizecornet.fr/fr/2009/02...-bilan-2009-1/

Alizé Molik Mar 8th, 2009 10:47 AM

super le titre amémomo! I predict a QF somewhere :D

louisa. Mar 8th, 2009 11:18 AM

good luck! :bounce:

Charlieflip Mar 8th, 2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea. (Post 15147307)
Thanks for the welcomes you and améliemomo.:)

I can undestand your surprise - she played that well at the AO with an injury, how can she play without it? No one know but better, yes? We need to wait that moment.;) French Open this year might be this moment.

Matchpoints vs Safina were all about her, Safina. I mean it's not like Alize lost that match, it's the powerful Safina woke up and destroyed our tiny Cornet.;)

As for Dubai I think it was a mistake to play it. But I must to agree with améliemomo - she is such a fighter, Alize.:worship:

Anyone who knows French, is in a link below any interesting news?:angel:
http://www.alizecornet.fr/fr/2009/02...-bilan-2009-1/

I don't agree with you. I was at that match, between Cornet and Safina. And as soon as cornet was getting near to victory, she started to get nervous. That destroyed her. She fell into a slump which she couldn't get out of. I think Cornet can beat Safina any day.

tea Mar 8th, 2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15147716)
I don't agree with you. I was at that match, between Cornet and Safina. And as soon as cornet was getting near to victory, she started to get nervous. That destroyed her. She fell into a slump which she couldn't get out of. I think Cornet can beat Safina any day.

:rolleyes:Now I don't agree with you. Glad you was in Melbourne at that match but I watched it on TV as well. I think Cornet can NOT beat Safina any day. At the moment, on hardcourt. Alize has no game to beat the pushers on fast courts, it's obvious. She depends on how well the opponent play. After all she has defensive gamestyle and it can't be changed rapidly. THe emotions destroy her very very often, true. Her emotions is an another topic.;) But believe me there are players on a definite surfaces who always will beat her if they are in form.

Charlieflip Mar 8th, 2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea. (Post 15147875)
:rolleyes:Now I don't agree with you. Glad you was in Melbourne at that match but I watched it on TV as well. I think Cornet can NOT beat Safina any day. At the moment, on hardcourt. Alize has no game to beat the pushers on fast courts, it's obvious. She depends on how well the opponent play. After all she has defensive gamestyle and it can't be changed rapidly. THe emotions destroy her very very often, true. Her emotions is an another topic.;) But believe me there are players on a definite surfaces who always will beat her if they are in form.

Hm ok. Well first off, you said that Alize has no game with hardcourt-smasher, in the very same game we are discussing I can prove you wrong. And about Alize having a defensive gamestyle, Im not exactly sure. I mean everything in her game is built to be defensive (top-spin master), but her attack is very strong too when she gains advantage. I wouldn't call her a defensive player, even though her defense is her strong side.
And her emotions- I personally love cornet so much for her emotions. Its often her downfall, yes, but its also her wining formula. And trust me when I say that that's the reason she could beat anyone.

Yes, I belive you that there are players that would beat her if they are in form, of course. All I'm saying is that it could easily be the other way around.

tea Mar 8th, 2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlieflip (Post 15147899)
Hm ok. Well first off, you said that Alize has no game with hardcourt-smasher, in the very

same game we are discussing I can prove you wrong. And about Alize having a defensive gamestyle, Im not exactly sure. I

mean everything in her game is built to be defensive (top-spin master), but her attack is very strong too when she gains

advantage. I wouldn't call her a defensive player, even though her defense is her strong side.
And her emotions- I personally love cornet so much for her emotions. Its often her downfall, yes, but its also her wining

formula. And trust me when I say that that's the reason she could beat anyone.

Yes, I belive you that there are players that would beat her if they are in form, of course. All I'm saying is that it

could easily be the other way around.

First of all, thanks for the wide response.:) Now I can undestand your position about her game. I am not determining her

as a defence-only player, no. I was telling you that she is too young and too powerless to beat the monsters like Safine,

even having 3 matchpoins or so.

Actually, I love her for the same reason as you.;) For the emotions. But I do not agree that emotions will help her to

beat anyone.:p Watch the top WTA players atm - does they have any kind of emotions on court? No, they doesn't. Watch the ATP's Federer-Nadal pair - yes, one of them likes to cry:lol: but after the match. Oh, I mean that when Alize throws her

emotions away from the court, she ll become a star. We felt in love already, so we will survive without her on-court

attitude.:D