TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Strawberries & Cream (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Eden Silva (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=363409)

*hingis_forever* Dec 2nd, 2008 07:28 PM

Eden Silva

Eden has done really well this year making the U-12 national final. She is currently in the quarterfinal at the Eddie Herr International U-12.
b. March 14, 1996

1: d. Valeria Yablokova RUS 60 60
2: d. Dahye Kim KOR 64 64
3: d. Manae Miva JPN 61 63
4: d. Jasmin Jebawy GER 64 61
QF: vs. Ksenia Laskutova RUS

Keep it up Eden! :D

Play_Suspended Dec 2nd, 2008 09:35 PM

Re: Eden Silva

Nice results, anyone know much about her?

*hingis_forever* Dec 2nd, 2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play_Suspended (Post 14494846)
Nice results, anyone know much about her?

I think she's a more defensive player, even for her age. There used to be a picture of her on the internet but I can't find it. She's small (obviously) with long black hair. That's about all I know.

*hingis_forever* Dec 3rd, 2008 07:33 PM

Eden lost 16 60 63 to Laskutova! :sad: Great tournament though Eden! Laskutova is obviously tough. At least you won a set! :D

bluepastures Dec 7th, 2008 10:48 AM

I saw her play at the Tennis Europe 14 & under event this summer in Bournemouth. She reached the final there, losing to Caitlin Hindmarsh 6-4, 1-6, 1-6 in the final. Officially from Essex, but I've not seen her yet representing us in any of the county team events.

*hingis_forever* Dec 7th, 2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepastures (Post 14518721)
I saw her play at the Tennis Europe 14 & under event this summer in Bournemouth. She reached the final there, losing to Caitlin Hindmarsh 6-4, 1-6, 1-6 in the final. Officially from Essex, but I've not seen her yet representing us in any of the county team events.

How does she play? I know it's hard to say at such a young age but if you could just give a mini report that would be much appreciated.

*hingis_forever* Dec 16th, 2008 05:00 PM

Eden is playing the Jr. Orange Bowl this week in the U12 division. In the first round she faces Gloria Liang of Canada. Good luck Eden! :D

*hingis_forever* Dec 17th, 2008 11:57 PM

Eden won her first round match 61 62! She faces Francoise Abanda next. Good luck Eden! :D

*hingis_forever* Dec 18th, 2008 10:55 PM

Eden lost 61 76(4)! :sad: I'm not too surprised as Abanda is highly touted in Canada. Still good effort Eden!

Monica_Rules Dec 23rd, 2008 07:41 PM

Another young player coming through. It's too soon to say how she will do but good luck Eden

Dawson. Jan 3rd, 2009 01:57 PM

Good luck to her in the futre. I'll follow her results with interest

Mforensic Jan 4th, 2009 11:50 AM

We can't keep putting these young players on the board without seeing some real results first. If we create a thread for every potential junior, there would be thousands of theme. We need to wait and see when they reach the senior level, or win a junior slam before we start new threads on these junior players.

*hingis_forever* Jan 18th, 2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mforensic (Post 14689150)
We can't keep putting these young players on the board without seeing some real results first. If we create a thread for every potential junior, there would be thousands of theme. We need to wait and see when they reach the senior level, or win a junior slam before we start new threads on these junior players.

I understand what you're saying but I can't help but be optimistic and get a bit carried away at times. I promise I won't make another thread for an upcoming junior unless they do something to merit it. ;)

Anyways, Eden won her first round at Teen Tennis in Bolton 63 60 against her Polish opponent. She faces the Estonian 9th seed in the next round. Good luck Eden! :)

serenus_2k8 Jan 18th, 2009 10:36 PM

Without sounding harsh, why is it anyones decision wheter such threads are needed? I think its nice that people are willing to post info on players we may not neccessarily hear of so that we can follow their progress as fellow Brit fans and see how the progress?

And its always great to look back on too, so sorry to be rude, but just ignore the thread :shrug:

Good look Eden. Ur name is soo crazy you have got to be a star :lol:

*hingis_forever* Jan 19th, 2009 05:48 PM

Eden lost 60 62! :sad: She just has to get used to playing at this level. She's improved alot in the last 6 months though which is a good sign! :D