TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Bell Challenge (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1136)
-   -   Media CharlDa: Scoops, Insider Info, Reports (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=361049)

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 03:53 PM

Media CharlDa: Scoops, Insider Info, Reports

Ok so I don't have that much time, but I have internet access. I did a report for Qualy Sunday matches I saw, which I'll post. I don't have time for a Saturday one right now (not only time but motivation, as I already forgot a lot since then). I can answer to specific questions on it though.

I'll be around all week, I'll try to provide scores and all during the tourney. And maybe live reports or stuff like that.

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 03:53 PM

Re: Media CharlDa: Reports from the Bell Challenge

Very quick report from the past two days, I don’t have much time. I’ll reply to your questions today though.

Kapros vs Larcher de Brito

Michelle brought out the crowd today, as she was featured a lot in the papers here as being the next big thing. It seemed like Aniko thought otherwise though. Maybe she wanted to prove that she too was considered up-and-coming as a former junior number 1 in the world. She came out firing, hitting very solidly in the corners. Her second serve is still a liability, but her first serve, brought her some easy points, including two aces in a row to close out the first set. Michelle didn’t play her best match, but she looked totally clueless out there at times. She was hitting deep and hard, but she just never tried anything to get Aniko off her rhythm. No slice, no spin, no angles. She’s learning, she’s learning.

Marino vs Scheepers

First set was probably the most one sided this week-end. Chanelle just looked totally out of it. Slow, not motivated. Marino was her usual self. Very focused, calm, never saying a word. Perfect body for a tennis player, very tall, long legs. She served incredibly well, was hitting very hard and flat. The surface seems perfect for her. Second set, turning point: something wrong with the net, not sure what happened, but it took forever to put it back up. This helped Chanelle focus, and her shot were a lot better at that point. She cruised to win 6-3. She also seemed in control of the third, leading 3-2 with a break, but then Marino broke back at love. They both held until 5-4 Marino. Then there was a very long game, with Chani having many chances to get to 5-5. Marino stayed solid and pulled off a great upset. I hadn’t seen her play in a while, but in the past few weeks and this year, she really showed how great she can play. Impressive turn around, and she seems like a very determined and serious girl. I think she could do well.

Brodsky vs Gullickson

Very nice match. Carly is so adorable, very hot, and sweet as usual. I came in the first set, when Brodsky was returning at 6-5. She had one or two set points, especially cause of double faults (and foot faults) by Carly. She ended up serving really well to get out of it. Brodsky can really play. Hard groundstrokes, very solid, moves quite well. She is still young and it shows though. I could feel her about to explode at every second, and it happened in the tie break. Carly stayed solid, sliced well, volleyed well. Brodsky made a lil more mistakes and lost it easily. Second set, Brodsky stayed quite solid, the foot faults kept coming for Carly, and it was a similar story than the first set, but Gail managed to finish it. Carly started the third set strong, led 3-1 early, and never looked back. Finished it on a great serving game. This girl has amazing hands, it’s sad that it never led to anything amazing. She could totally rock doubles, and she did actually win it here once with Laura (btw, I miss ya Laura L )

Haynes vs Litvak

Ah my Angie! Loved her, and love her even more now. Such a hip, cool and awesome girl. She came on court with a bright purple track suit, with a hot lime green outfit under, with a green bandana. She totally rocked it. And the match too. Even though she felt feverish and sick for most of the day, she came out firing. Won the first three games in like 2 minutes, with aces and all. Ended up leading 5-0, including a game where she served three aces in a row from 15-30 down. Litvak then won her first serve game and then had break points against Haynes. But god her serve was on. She ended up never losing it, serving about 15 aces or so. Litvak won the first game of the second, but Angela was just serving better, hitting better, her lefty game was very good today. Spins, angles, volleys. Really, incredible match for her. Afterwards, Ahsha, Jennifer Ellie, me Max and Todd were like: hum, I guess you should always be sick like that! I met Jennifer later than night, she was totally feverish…we might have something going on! Angela thinks we are her lucky charm, well guess what, we’ll be there tomorrow too!

Lepchenko vs Spears

I have to be honest here. I didn’t watch much of this match. I mean I have seen both play 15555 times (ok maybe a little exaggeration). It seemed like usual Lepchenko and Spears. Spears hitting hard, solid, heavy strokes. A lot of unforced errors, a lot of winners. Lepchenko was playing her usual lefty attack game, with that spin of hers that no one can describe. She seemed to start off well, then lost her head a bit at the end of the second. She led the entire third, but struggled closing it out.

Santangelo vs Mohk

Funny story to start: Santangelo was walking towards the match, and a kid was in her way. She said Beep Beep, just like a truck saying: im coming! The three of us were laughing, Santangelo’s coach was behind (we have seen him and talked a bit with him this week-end) and he started laughing with us. I don’t think they laughed for long though: After leading 3-0, Santangelo saw Mohk just go crazy. Literally. I mean that girl has A LOT of talent. She can hit sooooooo hard, her serve is just booming. But she can also throw a ball on the ceiling on a swing volley. And she reacts. Oh yes she reacts. Come ons, yells at ballboys, complaining to the umpire, grunts. Mara was very calm, though she was looking a lot at her coach. In the end of the first, Mohk just served her way out of it, especially some very tight games where she would save break points with huge serving or amazingly crazy shot making. Mara started the second with a 3-0 lead again, with Mohk missing stupidly. Mara was hitting better, with her not-so conventional technique. She clearly wasn’t playing like she used to, her shots would not penetrate the court as well. Anyways, I left at 6-4 1-4, but it seemed the match stayed on a similar pattern. Mohk really could become quite good. I remembered watching Lisicki play in Qualies here a few years ago, and game wise (certainly not personality), I see some similarities. Might be a nice chance for my Angela tomorrow though :angel:

I then headed to the players party, it was such a great time. Lovely evening, with everyone having a lot of fun. I met great people, had fun with the ones I knew, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the week J

LegionArgentina Oct 27th, 2008 04:25 PM

Thanks so much for the reports Charlda :worship:
It seems that you have fun in there with your friends.I would like to ask you about the match of Schultz-McCarthy vs Jozami,could you write us something about that match..
Thanks once again :wavey:

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 07:44 PM

Insides from today:

Kapros retired after losing the first set tie break, but she looked totally in shape. Carly looked to Shenay and Chanelle who both smiled and said: we guessed right! I think Aniko might have a history of doing that nowadays.

We might have seen the last matches of two players today. Alina and Brenda. Brenda yelled on match point for Marino: THIS IS MY LAST POINT! Marino aced her ;)

Liga D is single ;) I interviewed her for some schools visiting. I kinda guessed she was single when I saw her dance at last night's party :tape:

Angela, Ahsha and Jennifer are probably playing Aulburn next week. Though Angela and Jen are fighting a flu, and Ahsha's knee is still unsure.

IMPOSSIBLE Oct 27th, 2008 07:50 PM

what is Arvidsson/Czink score?

Farina Elia Fan Oct 27th, 2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ (Post 14316910)

We might have seen the last matches of two players today. Alina and Brenda. Brenda yelled on match point for Marino: THIS IS MY LAST POINT! Marino aced her ;)

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing: :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing: :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing: :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

please try and find out Charles

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 08:49 PM

Re: Media CharlDa: Scoops, Insider Info, Reports

Haynes is the lucky loser.

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 08:50 PM

Sharon and Marie-Eve are hitting together on court 1, while Radwanska takes a break before the doubles match.

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 08:59 PM

Qualifiers placed:

Mohk vs Petrova
Lepchenko vs De Los Rios
Haynes (LL) vs Dubois
Marino vs Craybas
Gullickson vs Olaru

This just came out!

¤CharlDa¤ Oct 27th, 2008 08:59 PM

Two of my three favorites here facing in the first round :( But great draw for Steph

CrossCourt~Rally Oct 27th, 2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ (Post 14317287)
Qualifiers placed:

Mohk vs Petrova
Lepchenko vs De Los Rios
Haynes (LL) vs Dubois
Marino vs Craybas
Gullickson vs Olaru

This just came out!

Thanks! Its always tough when 2 faves play each other :p.

CrossCourt~Rally Oct 27th, 2008 09:18 PM

Charlda, i have 2 favors to ask you. I know that you may not have the time or the opportunity to ask, but i thought i would give it a shot =)

#1, Could you please ask Steph or Sofia if they know anything about Lilia Osterloh. She hasn't played since the Us Open. I'm just wondering if she is injured, retiring or hopefully just taking a rest after playing so many tourneys last year. I think Steph and Sofia would be the best bet in knowing since they have played doubles before and may be friends. Thanks! :kiss:

#2, An online poster asked Vania Kings coach at this years Nasqaq 100 if Amy Frazier was coming back. Vania Kings coach said that " she was practicing for a comeback" after having shoulder surgery. Amy is also good friends with Abigail Spears.

I know your busy and all with your new media job. Its just so hard to get info on lower ranked players, so i thought i would give this a shot:angel:.

Thanks! :kiss:...:wavey:

Emiel Goelen Oct 27th, 2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ (Post 14316910)
Liga D is single ;) I interviewed her for some schools visiting. I kinda guessed she was single when I saw her dance at last night's party :tape:

:lol: :tape:
Liga always comes across quite slutty IMO. She was sitting close to me in Hasselt some years ago, watching Clijsters-Kremer, but she wasn't really watching as she was polishing her nails and talking to some guy who came to sit close to her.
Nothing wrong with some sluttiness in life of course :angel:

IMPOSSIBLE Oct 27th, 2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally (Post 14317388)
Charlda, i have 2 favors to ask you. I know that you may not have the time or the opportunity to ask, but i thought i would give it a shot =)

#1, Could you please ask Steph or Sofia if they know anything about Lilia Osterloh. She hasn't played since the Us Open. I'm just wondering if she is injured, retiring or hopefully just taking a rest after playing so many tourneys last year. I think Steph and Sofia would be the best bet in knowing since they have played doubles before and may be friends. Thanks! :kiss:

#2, An online poster asked Vania Kings coach at this years Nasqaq 100 if Amy Frazier was coming back. Vania Kings coach said that " she was practicing for a comeback" after having shoulder surgery. Amy is also good friends with Abigail Spears.

I know your busy and all with your new media job. Its just so hard to get info on lower ranked players, so i thought i would give this a shot:angel:.

I'd love to hear some news on Lilia and Amy :drool:

Uranium Oct 27th, 2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally (Post 14317388)

I agree about Amy:hearts: