TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Marion Revolution (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1028)
-   -   Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=350325)

Super_Marion Jul 14th, 2008 10:37 PM

Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

Marion's American Hardcourt season gets underway tonight in Stanford. She has a 1st round tie with Akgul.

Good Luck Marion!! :bounce:

King Of Tennis Jul 14th, 2008 11:51 PM

Re: Marion's Road To Flushing Meadows 2008

Go Marion.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you can make a good tournament..:D :D

bruce goose Jul 15th, 2008 02:14 AM

Oh boy!! I was gonna start a Marion thread right this second but 'Super M' beat me to it!I've always felt that Flushing Meadows was the DORKIEST name for the site of a sporting event...it sounds more apt for an invitation-only croquet match amongst stuffy,frigid royals who come from has-been world powers.I felt that "Marion Goes Hard-ass On The Hardcourts" had a nice ring to it....Anyhow,it's time for all of us Marionettes to bond together in cheering for our worthy Queen:inlove::inlove::inlove:....I wanna see her winning smile again!!:D:D:D

bruce goose Jul 15th, 2008 02:42 AM

:inlove:Marion:inlove: 6-1 in 23 minutes with ZERO break points against her serve!! My girlfriend just dumped me as if she were emptying a chemical toilet so I'm ESPECIALLY vulnerable to Marion's tennis valor and charm...VAMOS Marion!!!:)

bruce goose Jul 15th, 2008 03:39 AM

Well,this might not get reported in the papers,but Akgul made a clumsy pass at Marion during the break following the 1st set.It took Marion a few games to overcome her queasiness at THAT image,and then she re-gained her dominant form.

Next up is an unknown qualifier or Mirza,who won the pair's only previous encounter in the 3rd Round of the 2005 USO.They were ranked 42 and 43 at the time,with Sania one spot higher,and Marion hadn't shown her top-end brilliance yet.Sania has stronger determination than Marion when it comes to filming Clairol commercials whereas Marion is the feistier tennis warrior...here's another match that's do-able.:)

Iceland Jul 15th, 2008 07:50 AM

excellent stuff! Didnt expect such a dominating scoreline. I am fully satisfied. Maybe she will feel less pressure now that her wimbledon points have been taken out. I cant say but i like this kind of scoreline! Let's hope for a good tournament so that her ratio in this reason finally becomes positive. Allez!

Super_Marion Jul 16th, 2008 12:29 AM

I stayed up all night for that match :)

If as expected Marion meets Sania, it'll be a tough match. They both play aggressvely.

BruceGoose, did you actually see the match? How??

PS. "hasbeen superpower".. i'm not biting

bruce goose Jul 16th, 2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Marion (Post 13632866)
I stayed up all night for that match :)

If as expected Marion meets Sania, it'll be a tough match. They both play aggressvely.

BruceGoose, did you actually see the match? How??

PS. "hasbeen superpower".. i'm not biting

Didn't see it,'Super M',but I have a good tennis-loving friend who has an illegal satellite dish(COMMON here in Northern Mexico),so I'm privy to precise details.:)...that is,when I'm NOT there watching it in person.

Super_Marion Jul 16th, 2008 04:51 PM

KEOTHAVONG :o

bruce goose Jul 16th, 2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Marion (Post 13637239)
KEOTHAVONG :o

NOOOO....PLEASE don't tell me that you're conflicted because Marion is facing a British player.:rolleyes: Although it rarely,if ever,happens that a Mexican gal makes a main draw(they get wildcards in Acapulco),I wouldn't wane in my support of Marion if she happened to face a Mexican.

Put it in perspective:Keothavong has made it past the 2nd Round ONCE in her entire career,at Tier 3...can't believe it's rated THAT high...Kolkata last year.Since she has ZERO shot at winning the tourney,you may as well cheer for Marion.:D

Iceland Jul 17th, 2008 07:46 AM

Cmon Marion, you can't lose to Anne, it's simply impossible :lol:.

bruce goose Jul 18th, 2008 12:31 AM

"OK,Marion,I asked you to come here because I had to tell you face-to-face that I'm FED up with the way that you DELIBERATELY torment your loyalists--ESPECIALLY us guys--by going to the brink of defeat vs. ITF-caliber players,so I'm NOT gonna continue following you as before....What?....Well,of COURSE I'm happy that you won but you're KILLING me with this anguish that you keep causing so I'm NOT....WHY are you playing with your hair like that?Do you think that you can break my will by teasing your thick...lively...sultry...tantalizing:hearts:....U mmm...What was I saying:confused:...Oh yeah,I'm NOT gonna tolerate how you....Now WHY are you looking at me that way?If you think that you can change my mind by capturing me with your majestic...sparkling...hypnotic eyes:hearts::hearts::hearts:.......What I MEAN is,you're NOT gonna persuade me with your smile no matter HOW dazzling...heartwarming...mesmerizing.......I-I-I....(The Surrender)I CAN'T get enough of your torture,Marion:inlove::inlove::inlove:!"

Iceland Jul 18th, 2008 07:21 AM

God, what a post! :rolls:

I thought that Marion would either deal with Anne easily or get crushed like against Mattek. Well, a tight three setters is good as well :p! I'm glad that for once she managed to come back, she failed against Casey whereas she had the occasions for example. So it can only be good for her confidence. Now the question is : how can you lose 10 games out of 12 to Anne :help:!!!! She surely played her stupid hard hitting in the middle of the court, I am dying to see her fantastic angles of last year!

That being said, such tactics may be useful against Chakvetadze who is a better player when she has to run from one side to the other.

This time I will wake up to watch the match. Come on Marion, don't lose please! :bounce:

Iceland Jul 19th, 2008 03:37 AM

Marion in SF :woohoo:!!!!!! She defeated Anna 63 64!!! God she had to wait to lose Wimbledon's points to finally start playing good tennis!

I really liked her tactics in this match, she tried to not be overagressive and very often let Anna dictate the point which is not the best part of her game. Her serve was flawless in the first set, a bit less in the second :lol:. Overall, a very solid performance with some good rallies at times :yeah:.
Marion was so happy at the end and so are we!

SF against evergreen Sugiyama. Marion has never beaten her actually, but she can't lose this time! Things have changed since the last time they played. Allez!

Alizé Molik Jul 19th, 2008 03:44 AM

SHE WON!

she was playing so well in the first set had 3-0 and 4-1 leads which is much improved from how she was playing before Wimbledon. She used a lot of angles and set up points and her serve was really working for her to pull Chaky out wide and she was always ready to exploit the open court instead of just hitting it back to her :D I loved the point when she came to the net and slammed that double handed winner back :) and when she was at the net like in the doubles court and she made that angle across court...it was like 07 Marion!!

now she plays Ai and has a real chance for her first tier 2 final!!