TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=340316)

Sir Stefwhit Apr 22nd, 2008 08:33 PM

GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast

For anyone wanting to know what the recommended weight is for your height, here is an online calculator:

http://bmicalc.org/weight-for-height-calculator

I originally created this thread back in 08 when I did the Master Cleanser (the lemonade diet) for the very first time. Since then I've done it on three other occasions. No more fad diets or quick fixes I've hired a trainer and through the old fashioned way of exercise and healthy eating I'm attempting to get in better shape.

If anyone else is working out- trying a new diet- or weight loss program use this thread to share ur experiences and as means if supporting one another.

Everyone was a real help to me back when I did my 20 day fast so maybe others can get encouraged.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1

The rules: No food what so ever for 20 days. I'm allowing myself to drink liquids

I tried to stay busy so I wouldn't obsess about food. I've been doing that Lemon cleanser drink (Lemon juice, Cyan Pepper, grade B Maple Syrup) it's the cleanser Beyonce did for two weeks. I had that for breakfast and diner, for lunch I had green tea. Supposedly the lemonade drink has all the sustenance your body needs for up to 40 days with no food. I'm going to just stick with that for the first 10 days, then the last 10 days I'll start drinking juices and milk.

My cousin cooked lamb-chops for diner and the smell of them baking was driving me insane. Strangely enough, when I went in the kitchen to get some lemonade I actually found comfort being around the food and smelling it. Watching Top Chef tonight was torture though! I've never been disciplined or ever had a lot of self-control, I'm more of a chill laid back spontaneous guy, who goes with the flow. I can see now this is going to be a battle of wills and self-discipline, as well as a spiritual journey.

I've been praying and when I remind myself why I'm doing it that motivates me to keep going- well it has for two days anyway...lol

I still have a slight headache, but surprisingly I have lots of energy. Thanks again to everyone, not just for the encouraging words, but also for the safety information. To be honest I didn't look into the safety concerns too much, like I said I'm a spontaneous chap. But the little I read on the Lemonade Died (The Master Cleanser) is that it's totally safe for up to 40 days- you have to take it with a laxative so you flush your system out. Cleansing my system was more of an after thought, but it looks to be a safe way to go without food for so long.

I'll update this thread probably twice a day. Wish me luck everybody! :wavey:

abercrombieguy23 Apr 22nd, 2008 08:35 PM

Re: Dear Diary: My 20 Days of Fasting

whoaa kudos to you man....

i could never do that...

Pureracket Apr 22nd, 2008 08:38 PM

I've done 21 days quite a few times. You can do it. Just think about the wonderful(clean) feeling you'll have afterwards. Also, get a good support system. Lack of carbs for that long can bring about depression.

V-MAC Apr 22nd, 2008 08:41 PM

That's cool but maybe you'd get more out of it if you turned it into a sponsered fast and so collect some money for a charity of your preference while your at it. I'm sure people would donate

Wannabeknowitall Apr 22nd, 2008 08:43 PM

Hopefully you won't become more of a bitch in the next 20 days. :lol:

Direwolf Apr 22nd, 2008 09:11 PM

I tried to do this YOGURT/MILK and H2O Juice...
fresh JuICE...
one week diet...

but after 3 days...
i was almost out of my weekly budget..
cuz i drank tooo much

joyforall Apr 23rd, 2008 02:43 AM

you're not gonna eat for 20 days? and only consume liquids??

whoa, that's kewl!!! how bout fruit?
just good luck! blessings for ya!

starin Apr 23rd, 2008 02:48 AM

be careful when you start eating again. I'm not sure if 20 days is long enough but I have heard that if you don't eat for a long time and then suddenly eat a lot you can die. So once you get off the fast you have to ease back slowly into eating again.

Sir Stefwhit Apr 23rd, 2008 03:27 AM

End of Day 1

Alright so I made it through my first full day. I do have a light headache, but I guess that's to be expected. TV is horrible, all they do is show commercials for food. I guess I never really noticed- and everything looks so delicious. Even though I'm not around food, I swear I can smell it in the air. Day 1 wasn't so bad, but I've got a long way to go- I'm counting on tomorrow being much more difficult.

Thanks for all the well wishes- I'll keep you guys posted.

Sir Stefwhit Apr 23rd, 2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pureracket
I've done 21 days quite a few times. You can do it. Just think about the wonderful(clean) feeling you'll have afterwards. Also, get a good support system. Lack of carbs for that long can bring about depression.

Hearing you've done it before is encouraging- does it get any easier or is each day going to get worse? ...and I didn't know that tid-bit about the carbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall
Hopefully you won't become more of a bitch in the next 20 days.

That's character assassination, I'm sweet and lovable... before Ashanti, we got a long so well. Hell, we even made it through Hillary-Obama- people we actually care about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manatee
I have heard that if you don't eat for a long time and then suddenly eat a lot you can die.

I had no idea, thanks for letting me know!

Sir Stefwhit Apr 23rd, 2008 01:16 PM

DAY 2

I've been getting so many PMs from people wishing me luck- I appreciate the support and advice!. To my surprise, I woke up this morning feeling fine, I''m not hungry at all. I'm a breakfast eater and I'm always hungry when I wake up, so that's a good sign. I'm off from work for the next two and half weeks, so being home with free time is going to make it that much more of a challenge. I had planned to work out, but so many of you advised me not to partake in any physical activity, so I think I'll hold off on that. So far so good!

LudwigDvorak Apr 23rd, 2008 01:48 PM

Can you lose weight from fasting? Anything fairly significant? I'd never thought about it. I know you didn't go into this thinking that (I don't think anyway), but I'm just curious.

Good luck! I hadn't eaten McDonald's in over a year and I just had three of their biscuits this morning because I was so hungry. :help: Goes to show, I suppose.

Sir Stefwhit Apr 23rd, 2008 03:38 PM

^I'm sure I'm going to probably drop a significant amount of weight that's just a side benefit though. Since I've never done this I don't know if I'm going to gain it back when I start eating again. When I'm done I'll let you know how much weight I've dropped.

lympyisthebest Apr 23rd, 2008 03:44 PM

Wow, 20 days is no mean feat. Best of luck to you.

Direwolf Apr 23rd, 2008 05:41 PM

For breakfast i had chocolate cake
lunch..
french fries, crispy fried chicken and spaghetti...
and of course sundae..

evening...
i had another kind of pasta with spaghetti sauce...
and this swirly pasta with white sauce
and vegetable salad...
of course i had pineapple juice as a drink
with high fiber..!!

oooh...!

and when i got home..
i had 2 strawberry yogurts..!!

and now...
im thinking of eating..

hehe..
j/k...

but i'll post picts next time..