TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Hello Kvitty (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1484)
-   -   Watch out for Petra Kvitova (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=331856)

davidmario Feb 6th, 2008 07:36 PM

Watch out for Petra Kvitova

I've been following her results for more than a year now and saw her playing via the internet a few times.
I also watched today's match on Eurosport2 and I have to admit that she developed so much since I last saw her. I hadn't expected such a tremendous hitting from her. She hits extremely flat with davenport-like rhythm and has this odd forehand-grip. But it's soo effective. I mean Dementieva was screaming at times because the ball was really flying with such a great speed.
She also has a great attitude on court. She is very calm and doesn't get upset.

My prediction: By the end of the next year she will be Top20 if not higher:wavey:

Demska Feb 6th, 2008 07:38 PM

Re: Watch out for Petra Kvitova

She is another Safarova. She will hover around 20-30 but not much more.

davidmario Feb 6th, 2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demska (Post 12457324)
She is another Safarova. She will hover around 20-30 but not much more.

I'm not sure. She is only 17 and I got the feeling of her having this natural hitting ability. She hits so clean and although she's not the fastest she was able to place the ball decently when running.
That reminded me a lot of Davenport.
What's her next tournament?

dya74 Feb 6th, 2008 07:43 PM

top 30 isn't so bad!

AnnaK_4ever Feb 6th, 2008 07:46 PM

Another mindless ballbasher with shitty serve and poor movement. We've seen plenty of them before.

Kim's_fan_4ever Feb 6th, 2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever (Post 12457363)
Another mindless ballbasher with shitty serve and poor movement. We've seen plenty of them before.

I think the same. She's all about hitting the ball as hard as possible, not much tactics there.

Peterk07 Feb 6th, 2008 08:15 PM

She won a $10k event in Szeged, Hungary in Oct. 2006. Zoltan Kucharszky saw her there, and said she will be top10 in 2 years. It seems he has an eye.

Rik. Feb 6th, 2008 08:19 PM

:rolleyes:

davidmario Feb 6th, 2008 08:50 PM

I think the one who said her serve was weak is wrong. She has a pretty effective serve. I'm so convinced she will prove you all wrong!

IMPOSSIBLE Feb 6th, 2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmario (Post 12457341)
I'm not sure. She is only 17 and I got the feeling of her having this natural hitting ability. She hits so clean and although she's not the fastest she was able to place the ball decently when running.
That reminded me a lot of Davenport.
What's her next tournament?

Antwerp Qualifying :devil:

Piotr'ek Feb 6th, 2008 09:09 PM

Left-handed Petrova.

papru Feb 6th, 2008 09:09 PM

ballbasher allert :shrug:

sammy01 Feb 6th, 2008 09:09 PM

shes as 1 dimensional as it comes, she hit 3 volleys, 2 of which she missed, also i think she hit 1 slice. she hits a good hard ball, but it will feed the big hitters and she will come undone by players with more variety. i predict like others top 30 maybe.

mashamaniac Feb 6th, 2008 10:13 PM

But she's not yet a real deal...

iPatty Feb 6th, 2008 10:33 PM

Petra has all of the potential in the world. She just needs to work on her fitness and get faster. She is only 17, she has plenty of time.

I strongly disagree with whoever said she had a weak serve. Her serve is very effective when it is on, and it has a lot of slice on it. She can work on her touch and volleys, look at what Vaidisova and Ivanovic have done.