TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Marion Revolution (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1028)
-   -   On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 ! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=317213)

Iceland Sep 15th, 2007 06:21 PM

On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Marion starts her glorious way in Kolkata.

Here is the draw :wavey: :

[1]Marion Bartoli vs Vania King
Mariya Koryttseva vs Q
Alberta Brianti vs Sofia Arvidsson
Tatiana Poutchek vs [5]Alla Kudryavtseva

[3]Sania Mirza vs Sunitha Rao
Sara Errani vs Anne Keothavong
Casey Dellacqua vs Aleksandra Wozniak
Tzipora Obziler vs [6]Alizé Cornet

Not a very difficult draw, Marion should be able to reach her second final of the year. She will have to stay cautious obviously but it's definitely doable. Allez, allez Marion !!!!

Super_Marion Sep 15th, 2007 07:09 PM

Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

thanks Iceland :)

sharapovarulz1 Sep 15th, 2007 07:49 PM

Thanks Iceland :) Looks like a fairly easy draw for Marion!

bruce goose Sep 15th, 2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 (Post 11648570)
Thanks Iceland :) Looks like a fairly easy draw for Marion!

Yeah,you're right;it looks like her biggest threat might be Mirza who'll be playing on her home soil.Hantuchova is the top seed in the bottom half and she's made it to the Bali final this week,but Daniela appears to be such a gentle soul that she just can't maintain much intensity for longer than one tournament...if Marion makes it to the Kolkata final she'll probably defeat whomever her foe is.

Forgive me for not doing my homework,but I believe that there is a minimum number of tourneys that one must enter in order to be eligible for the YEC(it might not kick in until the 'Roadmap Plan 2010' is officially introduced).If this is true,then Serena might be shut out of the YEC unless she gets off her ass--and Marion would take her place.Though I don't care for her conniving,slimy ways,Serena IS excellent and I'd rather see her get motivated by a lower-limit rule so that she will focus more on tennis.Despite her virtually complete lack of class or sportmanship,she DOES add lots of drama to the women's game and she has forced others--such as Henin--to raise their commitment if they want to compete with her.It'd be better if Marion simply earned it through superior performance;however,it'd still be fun to watch her in Madrid if one of the Williams girls withdraws.

sharapovarulz1 Sep 16th, 2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce goose (Post 11649647)
Yeah,you're right;it looks like her biggest threat might be Mirza who'll be playing on her home soil.Hantuchova is the top seed in the bottom half and she's made it to the Bali final this week,but Daniela appears to be such a gentle soul that she just can't maintain much intensity for longer than one tournament...if Marion makes it to the Kolkata final she'll probably defeat whomever her foe is.

Forgive me for not doing my homework,but I believe that there is a minimum number of tourneys that one must enter in order to be eligible for the YEC(it might not kick in until the 'Roadmap Plan 2010' is officially introduced).If this is true,then Serena might be shut out of the YEC unless she gets off her ass--and Marion would take her place.Though I don't care for her conniving,slimy ways,Serena IS excellent and I'd rather see her get motivated by a lower-limit rule so that she will focus more on tennis.Despite her virtually complete lack of class or sportmanship,she DOES add lots of drama to the women's game and she has forced others--such as Henin--to raise their commitment if they want to compete with her.It'd be better if Marion simply earned it through superior performance;however,it'd still be fun to watch her in Madrid if one of the Williams girls withdraws.

Marion has had some superior performances this year and getting to her first grand slam final at Wimbledon should put her in YEC alone in my opinion!

bruce goose Sep 16th, 2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 (Post 11649913)
Marion has had some superior performances this year and getting to her first grand slam final at Wimbledon should put her in YEC alone in my opinion!

Like you said,Marion is a Wimbledon finalist and not too many women can claim that distinction.If she DOES make it to the YEC due to a withdrawal,no one will complain except for maybe McEnroe or Navratilova:rolleyes: ...still,it's not as special when you win a tourney on an injury walkover as it is when you defeat your opponent.In the same way,I'd prefer to see Marion make the Top 8 so that no 'experts' can utter their snide comments.Does that make sense?

sharapovarulz1 Sep 16th, 2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce goose (Post 11649963)
Like you said,Marion is a Wimbledon finalist and not too many women can claim that distinction.If she DOES make it to the YEC due to a withdrawal,no one will complain except for maybe McEnroe or Navratilova:rolleyes: ...still,it's not as special when you win a tourney on an injury walkover as it is when you defeat your opponent.In the same way,I'd prefer to see Marion make the Top 8 so that no 'experts' can utter their snide comments.Does that make sense?

It does indeed :D

Super_Marion Sep 16th, 2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 (Post 11649913)

Also, Marion has played more tournaments this season than anyone else in the top 100! Sunfeast will be her 26th so far. She works harder than anyone on the tour, nevermind the top 8 or 10..... So I dont wanna hear another word from anyone "weight." :mad:

sharapovarulz1 Sep 16th, 2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Marion (Post 11651031)
Also, Marion has played more tournaments this season than anyone else in the top 100! Sunfeast will be her 26th so far. She works harder than anyone on the tour, nevermind the top 8 or 10..... So I dont wanna hear another word from anyone "weight." :mad:

More than Jankovic? Thats hilarious because Jankovic is already having a meltdown and Marion is fine!

Super_Marion Sep 16th, 2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 (Post 11652408)
More than Jankovic? Thats hilarious because Jankovic is already having a meltdown and Marion is fine!

See for yaself.. Janko played 22
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...ce/singles.asp

course gotta factor into how many actual matches the players are playing.

Bartoli's Boy Sep 16th, 2007 06:22 PM

Good luck Mar!

Oh and btw, does anyone else think the music on the Sunfeast Open site is awesome? :rocker2: Haha. http://www.sunfeastopen.com/

sharapovarulz1 Sep 16th, 2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Marion (Post 11653944)
See for yaself.. Janko played 22
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...ce/singles.asp

course gotta factor into how many actual matches the players are playing.

Very nice indeed :worship:

cometz9 Sep 17th, 2007 04:51 AM

Go Marion!!! Time to win your first title of 2007 :rocker2:

Iceland Sep 17th, 2007 09:13 PM

Yep :yeah:.

Marion plays her first match tomorrow. Good luck !
BTW Mirza & Cornet withdrew, so the part of the draw becomes really easy. Marion should reach the final without any damages. A place in the top 10 is at stake :).

sharapovarulz1 Sep 17th, 2007 10:06 PM

Go Marion :)