TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Suicide Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=641)
-   -   The Suicide Locker Room. (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=310231)

In The Zone Jul 30th, 2007 12:32 AM

The Suicide Locker Room.
 
We do not have such a suggestion/discussion thread. The old thread became inactive but I believe it is time we have a new, fresh, and clean one.

Whenever you have an idea, thought, or something to say about the Suicide Game and Tour, insert it here.

I'll begin: Hantu ( DaniKim ) was caught deleting his posts after his pick lost. He has been suspended through the US Open, being able to return at Bali.

In the future, how should we handle such actions?

MH0861 Jul 30th, 2007 12:42 AM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
:yeah:

In my opinion, if someone edits a post before matches have started, they should get a warning for a first time offense, and some sort of small suspension after - a disqualification for the current tournament, and maybe a suspension for one or two tournaments after.

If someone deletes a post after their pick has lost and then posts a new one like Hantu, a three month suspension off the bat is appropriate, and a permamanent ban is sufficient for a repeat offense.

LudwigDvorak Jul 30th, 2007 03:24 AM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
I think MH is pretty on the money concerning that issue. However, the suspensions he suggested for one or two tournaments, I say if you edit your post another time after, you should get a three month suspension, and then again, permanent ban.

And because I'm just a nerd, when I won Warsaw the final day had this neat winner/RU/SF line up going on, and then I saw that Cincy didn't have that (since the situations were so different), but when is the cut off for semifinalists? Is someone who made the final day but didn't have a pick a finalist or is that just the person who was in Day07 but had the wrong pick?

In The Zone Jul 30th, 2007 06:30 AM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LudwigDvorak (Post 11305183)
I think MH is pretty on the money concerning that issue. However, the suspensions he suggested for one or two tournaments, I say if you edit your post another time after, you should get a three month suspension, and then again, permanent ban.

And because I'm just a nerd, when I won Warsaw the final day had this neat winner/RU/SF line up going on, and then I saw that Cincy didn't have that (since the situations were so different), but when is the cut off for semifinalists? Is someone who made the final day but didn't have a pick a finalist or is that just the person who was in Day07 but had the wrong pick?

SF and Finalists are determined by who comes in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Whenever those may be, whether it be on the final day, or Day 5, the finalist and semifinalist can be determined. Cincinnati can have semifinalists but I most likely did not determine them for the sake of it not being a ranking issue. For the US Open Series, semifinalists will be determined.

ronim1 Jul 30th, 2007 12:36 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MH0861 (Post 11304729)
:yeah:

In my opinion, if someone edits a post before matches have started, they should get a warning for a first time offense, and some sort of small suspension after - a disqualification for the current tournament, and maybe a suspension for one or two tournaments after.

If someone deletes a post after their pick has lost and then posts a new one like Hantu, a three month suspension off the bat is appropriate, and a permamanent ban is sufficient for a repeat offense.


Couldn't agree with you more.
:yeah:

~CANUCK~ Aug 3rd, 2007 01:41 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LudwigDvorak (Post 11305183)
I think MH is pretty on the money concerning that issue. However, the suspensions he suggested for one or two tournaments, I say if you edit your post another time after, you should get a three month suspension, and then again, permanent ban.

I agree with this. We shouldn't be nice to people who cheat. You should get one warning and one warning only. After that you should get the automatic 3 month ban, then the perma ban if you get caught again.

~CANUCK~ Aug 3rd, 2007 01:48 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
I know this is a little early, but I also think we need to fix the ranking points to reflect the changes the WTA made to their ranking points. We could always wait the extra year though, seeing as the WTA is going to have to change their points again when they kill the tier system in 2009.

Petkorazzi Aug 3rd, 2007 04:37 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
What about Suicide Doubles? I mean not 2 Suicide players together, but a tournament following the Doubles Draw .. I can run Both signles and doubles in my Luxembourg, I could do it in Koper a week earlier but I believe there will be few players

In The Zone Aug 3rd, 2007 04:55 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ (Post 11342845)
I know this is a little early, but I also think we need to fix the ranking points to reflect the changes the WTA made to their ranking points. We could always wait the extra year though, seeing as the WTA is going to have to change their points again when they kill the tier system in 2009.

I disagree. I feel the points are in an okay ratio. Unless everyone wants to reflect the WTA exactly, I feel that we should only bump the grand slams to the present total. The Tier IIIs and IVs are harder to win than the IIs and Is. The Tier I's are much easier to get to Day 7 and get the most points -- it should be the other way around. I think we should reward those who can succeed at the lower Tier's. Besides, 370 for a Tier I win is not far off from the 430 a Tier I champion gets in the WTA.

~CANUCK~ Aug 3rd, 2007 06:32 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Zone (Post 11344125)
I disagree. I feel the points are in an okay ratio. Unless everyone wants to reflect the WTA exactly, I feel that we should only bump the grand slams to the present total. The Tier IIIs and IVs are harder to win than the IIs and Is. The Tier I's are much easier to get to Day 7 and get the most points -- it should be the other way around. I think we should reward those who can succeed at the lower Tier's. Besides, 370 for a Tier I win is not far off from the 430 a Tier I champion gets in the WTA.

Yes but we are going to have the change the points for 2009 anyways when the whole calender gets redone.

In The Zone Aug 3rd, 2007 09:14 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ (Post 11345063)
Yes but we are going to have the change the points for 2009 anyways when the whole calender gets redone.

So you suggest changing the points for 2008 or simply waiting for 2009?

~CANUCK~ Aug 3rd, 2007 09:17 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by In The Zone (Post 11346472)
So you suggest changing the points for 2008 or simply waiting for 2009?

I guess it makes more sense to just wait till 2009.

LudwigDvorak Aug 4th, 2007 09:02 AM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
It's only easier to pick the TI events because it's almost a foregone conclusion who's going to win half the time. In the lower events "upsets" happen all the time. Although something needs to be done about Day04 winners in TIV events getting 24 points to a title. It's a cheap title and has no pizzazz to it. I was proud as hell to win Warsaw, I can't imagine the same could be said for the winner of Stockholm.

About changing the points system, how much different is it going to be? (Probably a stupid question but I don't really keep up with all the changes the WTA is making.) And without a semblance of tiers in the new schedule (as it seems,) is Stockholm going to be the same amount of points as Los Angeles now, since they aren't the top nine non-slam events? I don't know how MTF runs that deal, although I presume it'd be similar.

MH0861 Aug 4th, 2007 01:29 PM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
We technically could've changed the points for 2007, because the points we give out now are based on the WTA 2006 point distribution :shrug: We can leave it as is, again, for 2008... but I suppose with this roadmap business it may need to be revamped a bit.

In The Zone Aug 6th, 2007 02:02 AM

Re: The Suicide Locker Room.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi. (Post 11343991)
What about Suicide Doubles? I mean not 2 Suicide players together, but a tournament following the Doubles Draw .. I can run Both signles and doubles in my Luxembourg, I could do it in Koper a week earlier but I believe there will be few players

We need to finalize rules for this potential Suicide doubles game. Any ideas? You seem very eager to have such a game. Come up with the foundation. :angel:


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.