Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

780K views 5K replies 153 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 · (Edited)
Time to open a thread about my favourite junior player.
She is born on 14.05.1993 and she is probably France's biggest hope.
She reached two times the QF in Les Petits As in Tarbes and she also won one Grade 3 title in Tunisia.

She is 259th in the juniors rank, which is quite impressive for such a young girl.
Kristina is very very tall for her age (more than 1m75) and she is known to hit amazing forehands. One of my friends who saw her playing compared her game to Mary's !!!

#3 ·
I started the thread too early I know, but Kristina was making a great show during her match against Anastasia Pivovarova (number 2 in the juniors and number 561 on tour).
She lost 64 67(6) 60 in 2 hours and a half.
She was leading 50 in the second set, but she wasn't able to conclude it on her first occasions. She needed at least 8 SPs to take it. Then, Pivovarova who is physically stronger as born in 1990 showed all her experience to win the match. The last games were very close but Kristina wasn't able once again to take her occasions.

I hope she is not too disappointed. She really showed today how talented she is.
I am proud of her :hug: I hope some people will support her as well, she deserves it :).

#5 ·
Definitely no luck with close matches.
Kristina and Amandine lost 76(6) 75 to Reka Zsilinska and Tyra Calderwood. :sad:
I don't know what is her next tournament.
Amandine is in the entry lists of some ITF tournaments (Montpellier and Marseille). I hope Kristina will ask a WC too.

#10 ·
I am not sure but I would say that she has some Croatian origins.
Anyway, the French girls who come from Serbia Irena and Gracia are not very successful for the moment :lol: .
Yes Kristina is the favourite to take the title in the French Championships. If she reaches at least the last step, we will have a chance to see her as the FFT uploads all the finals. :)
But I have just discovered that the tournament is public and free. :woohoo: As I will be in holidays, I will try to come and watch her. :)

#11 ·
As expected Kristina is playing Les Championnats de France 13/14 ans, where she is the favourite.
The draw is : here. I don't see who can threaten her except Amandine Hesse, but they could meet only in final. I will be there for the QF or SF.
Good luck Kristina, win the title !! :D

#12 ·
Kristina is in SF :).
Her run till this step :
R1 : vs bye
R2 : def. Hubert 61 61
R3 : def. Collombon 60 61
QF : def. Deville 63 60

If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will try to come in RG and see her match. She is playing against Seateun who has some references, but once again, Kristina will probably destroy her.

#13 ·
I have bad eyes or Amandine lost to Vernet 6/2 6/2 ???

Another great hope ?!!

Well done to her and :hug: to Amandine !

Kristina destroys every player !

In boys draw, Cedric Commin is favourite ! I played against him 4 years ago when he was still 30/2. I lost 6-1 6-4 !

#14 ·
Amandine's loss is indeed very unexpected, Vernet is not supposed to be as good as her. I guess that Kristina won't miss the opportunity now to take the title :p. She has been very impressive since the beginning of the week, that just confirms the idea I had of her. She is a future star ;).
This time, I will go to RG if it doesn't rain of course.

A little parenthesis : Léolia Jeanjean won the title in the 11/12 ans competition !! :)

#15 ·
The FFT wrote her profile for her final :

KRISTINA MLADENOVIC

(bat Charlène Seatun 6/0, 6/1 en demi-finales)
Née le 14 mai 1993 à Saint-Pol-sur-mer
1,82 m ; 60 kg :eek:
Droitière, revers à deux mains

Débuts : 7 ans
Classement français : -15 (intermédiaire)
Evolution du classement : 30/1 (2003), 15/4 (2004), 15/2 (intermédiaire 2004), 15 (2005), 4/6 (intermédiaire 2005), 1/6 (2006), -2/6 (intermédiaire 2006), -2/6 (2007)
Entraîneur actuel : Roch Vidal et Cyril Brechbuhl (physique) au pôle France de Roland-Garros
Entraîneurs précédents : Bernard Gombeau, Jean-Pierre Chombart, Jean-Paul Birou, Frédéric Jonas à la ligue des Flandres, et Jean Koffi en club.
Palmarès : vice-championne de France interligues 11 ans avec la ligue des Flandres, finaliste du Défi Tecnifibre en 2004, championne de France interligues 12 ans avec la ligue de Seine-et-Marne, vainqueur de l'Open des 10-12 du TCBB, du Passagespoirs et de la Raquette de Corail en 2005, finaliste du Défi Tecnifibre en 2005, quart de finaliste aux Petits As à Tarbes en 2006 et 2007, vainqueur du tournoi juniors de Sfax (Grade 3) en 2007.

Jeu
Surface favorite : "J'aime toutes les surfaces, mais je n'ai encore jamais joué sur gazon. Je me sens à l'aise sur terre battue".
Point fort : "Puissance au service"
Point à travailler : "Endurance physique"

Personnel
Club actuel : UMS Pontault Combault
Niveau d'études : passe en troisième (CNED)
Un frère de 11 ans
Hobbies : regarder des films, musique, internet, sports collectif, passer du temps en famille ou avec des amis.

Objectifs
2007 : "Je voulais faire beaucoup mieux aux Petits As. J'aimerais aussi améliorer mon classement ITF juniors, remporter les championnats de France et briller dans tous les tournois 14 ans et moins."
A long terme : "J'aimerais être numéro un mondiale, gagner des tournois du Grand Chelem et la Fed Cup".
Déclaration après la demi-finale : "Effectivement, ça s'est très bien passé en demi-finales. Mais ça ne s'est pas fait tout seul. Je fais beaucoup d'efforts et je prends toutes mes adversaires au sérieux. Elles n'ont rien à perdre. Moi je dois assumer mon statut de tête de série n°1. Pour l'instant je suis contente. Je n'ai pas de crainte pour la finale. Il faut juste que je sois aussi sérieuse face à Caroline qui est -2/6 que je l'ai été jusque-là".

#16 ·
Kristina won the title, 64 62 against Vernet ! :aparty: She is now Championne de France 13/14 ans in singles and doubles. I saw the match but I couldn't take pictures as my camera no longer had battery :rolleyes:.

First of all, she is really tall. It is very weird to hear a child voice in a woman body ! I have to say that I was impressed by her opponent who gave no points to Kristina in the first set. Caroline is a great fighter and an efficient counterpuncher. She has really many difficulties to hit a winner though and her serve is, in one word, awful.

Kristina has never been threatened by Caroline's game only by her consistency. She only had to stay focused and to cut down her number of unforced errors. Caroline couldn't play better than she did in the first set, it was logical to see her outplayed in the second set. Kristina has a very strong and fluent serve, I love her motion. She hit 3 aces, I think, for 3 DFs. She seems to a complete player even if she has to work on her net game ; still, she can hit some good dropshots and nice slices on the backhand. Her biggest weapon is her forehand :)hearts:) - which indeed is very close to Mary's, even if her backhand is not bad either. She makes mistakes of course, but this is quite normal as she is young and ... in final. I like the fact that she always stays calm ; she doesn't grunt, her tennis seems very natural. All the crowd was cheering for her with many "allez Kiki" :lol:, this was great but also a little bit sad for Caroline who is a cute girl.

Overall, Kristina was the better player. If she keeps on working hard and improving her physical condition, she will become for sure a star. She has everything to be successful.

Congrats ! :bigclap:

#17 ·
Mladenovic tient son rang

Tête de série n°1, Kristina Mladenovic (-15, Seine-et-Marne) avait fait du championnat de France 13-14 ans son objectif. Victorieuse 6/4, 6/2 de Caroline Vernet (-2/6, Lyonnais), elle a touché au but et remporté son premier titre national individuel.

"Je suis contente et fière de moi, car on attendait beaucoup de moi sur ce tournoi. J'ai dû assumer mon statut face à des joueuses relâchées qui n'avaient rien à perdre. Il a fallu rester concentrée, ne rien lâcher. Et ce n'est pas facile quand on est attendue. Alors je suis très heureuse de m'être imposée." A Roland-Garros, la grande Kristina (1,82 m) a en effet joint les actes à la parole. Le championnat 13-14 ans était un objectif prioritaire pour elle. Elle l'avait annoncé. Et elle a rempli son contrat.

Vernet revient de loin

Avec la manière. Au total, elle n'a laissé que treize jeux à ses cinq adversaires. "Dans ses quatre premiers matchs, elle a joué avec beaucoup d'intensité, a raconté Roch Vidal, qui l'entraîne depuis trois ans, dont deux au sein du pôle France de Roland-Garros. Elle a fait parler sa puissance au service et en fond de court, son atout principal. Kristina a ainsi réussi son meilleur match en demi-finales face à Charlène Seatun, qui ne lui a pris qu'un jeu." Elle a accompli ce joli parcours en appliquant une méthode : prendre chaque adversaire avec le plus grand sérieux.

Cette approche mentale lui a encore été bénéfique en finale. Elle y a retrouvé une "vieille" connaissance en la personne de Caroline Vernet, qu'elle affrontait régulièrement dans les matchs au sommet en 11 ans et 12 ans. Depuis la Lyonnaise, qui menait 3-1 dans leur tête-à-tête, avait perdu un peu de terrain. Pire, Vernet n'a pas pu jouer les six premiers mois de l'année à cause d'une maladie de croissance au dos, puis d'une intoxication alimentaire. Les médecins s'avouaient pessimistes sur ses chances de rejouer un jour. Mais elle a pu reprendre la compétition fin mai. Vernet a ainsi participé in extremis au tournoi grâce à une invitation, passant à deux points de la défaite en quarts contre Clara Lormeau (5/7, 6/1, 7/6) et éliminant la tête de série n°2 en demi-finales, Amandine Hesse (6/2, 6/2).

"Une grande envie de victoires"

A l'inverse, "Kiki", comme est surnommée Mladenovic, a, elle, affirmé son "leadership" sur la catégorie 13-14 ans cette année. Double quart de finaliste des Petits As (2006, 2007), elle a également conquis son premier titre juniors à Sfax (Grade 3). Dans le dernier match, Mladenovic a pourtant perdu à deux reprises son break d'avance face à la combative Caroline. Menée 4-3, elle a alors placé une terrible accélération, alignant dix jeux pour prendre le large 6/4, 4-0. Une avance suffisante, même si un petit relâchement l'a obligée à effacer une balle de 4-3.

Après 1h10 de jeu dans cette finale, un dernier coup droit de Vernet s'est échappé hors limite. Kristina a alors pu savourer le bonheur d'un premier titre national individuel (elle avait déjà remporté les championnats de France Interligues 12 ans avec la Seine-et-Marne). Sous les yeux de ses parents. Sportifs de haut niveau, ils lui offrent un précieux soutien. Son père et sa mère – aujourd'hui naturalisés français – ont représenté l'ex-Yougoslavie, respectivement en handball et en volley ball. A 43 ans, son papa Dragan garde d'ailleurs toujours les buts de Dijon en deuxième division.

Née à Saint-Pol-sur-mer le 14 mai 1993, Kristina souhaite se bâtir à son tour un beau palmarès, notamment lors des prochaines étapes : la coupe d'Europe 14 ans et moins, la BNP Paribas Cup du Stade Français, les championnats d'Europe 14 ans et moins, et quelques tournois juniors. "Elle a une grande envie de victoires", a confirmé Roch Vidal. De nouveaux "contrats" pour celle qui rêve de devenir un jour n°1 mondiale, de gagner Roland-Garros et la Fed Cup

#18 ·
Kristina is playing the European Summer Cup with Amandine :) and Charlène :tape:.
They got through the qualifying draw and are the 3rd seed in the main draw in Russia's section.
It is a real challenge for Kristina and one of her goals for 2007.

The results with the rank in the TENNIS EUROPE JUNIOR TOUR RANKING GIRLS 14&UNDER :

R1 vs Portugal
Amandine Hesse def. Patricia Martins (68th) 60 60 :drool: .
Kristina Mladenovic def. Barbara Luz (41th) 62 76(5) :yeah:.
Kristina Mladenovic/Charlène Seatun def. Barbara Luz/Margarida Moura 62 61.

R2 vs Switzerland
Amandine Hesse def. Samira Giger (178th) 61 62.
Kristina Mladenovic def. Mateja Kraljevic (20th) 76(1) 76(5) :).
Melina Gonzalez/Mateja Kraljevic def. Amandine Hesse/Kristina Mladenovic 61 63.

R3 vs Hungary
Amandine Hesse def. Blanka Szavay (102nd) 60 76(5).
Timea Babos (2nd) def. Kristina Mladenovic 63 36 63 :sad: .
Amandine Hesse/Kristina Mladenovic def. Timea Babos/Blanka Szavay 62 62 :yeah:.

The main draw starts today on San Remo and lasts for the whole week end.

Get the title :banana:.

#19 ·
The French girls are in SF ! :woohoo: They defeated the talented German team 2/1:

GERMANY vs FRANCE 1 - 2
Nina Wellnitz (391st) def. Amandine Hesse 75 57 63.
Kristina Mladenovic def. Christina Shakovets (28th) 61 ret.
Kristina Mladenovic/Charlène Seatun def. Julia Kimmelmann/Nina Wellnitz 60 61.

#25 ·
Goal reached for Kristina !! The French team won the European Summer Cup !!!

FRANCE vs SLOVAK REPUBLIC 2-1
Jana Cepelova (10th) def. Amandine Hesse 75 64.
Kristina Mladenovic def. Vivien Juhaszova (5th) 64 62.
Kristina Mladenovic/Charlène Seatun def. Jana Cepelova/Michaela Meszarosova 62 60

Final : FRANCE vs RUSSIA 2-1
Amandine Hesse def. Polina Vinogradova (18th) 36 62 61.
Daria Gavrilova (8th) def. Kristina Mladenovic 75 75.
Kristina Mladenovic/Charlène Seatun def. Ksenia Kirillova/Daria Gavrilova 63 62.

Great job, it was very important for her. It's nice that she managed to immediately confirm after the Championne de France title.

Bravo les filles :aparty: !

#29 ·
Oui, c'est ça, on me voit derrière la chaise d'arbitre quand ils montrent le public une fois que Vernet a fait son revers. Je suis sur la même rangée que le vieux avec son bêret (bonjour le cliché :tape: ).

#30 ·
I realized that Kristina has been very impressive in doubles during all the whole tournament. That's good to know, it can only help her to improve her game. But that's true that her scorelines have been a little bit disappointing except against Juhaszova. At least, we can say this title belongs to the whole team, they all deserved it as a collective job :).

Kristina will play a junior tournament (G1) in Austria later on July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.