TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Gisela Dulko (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=669)
-   -   Gisela News, Interviews & Articles (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=286606)

Eugenia Feb 19th, 2007 08:05 PM

Gisela News, Interviews & Articles

This is the space to post all news, interviews and articles related to Gisela. :D

Eugenia Feb 19th, 2007 08:06 PM

Re: Gisela News, Interviews & Articles

IT'S ALL IN THE GAME
Gisela and the candy raid

Pattaya Open finalist Gisela Dulko of Argentina made several visits to the press room during last week's tournament, not to give interviews to the press but for reasons more devious.

While sports scribes were being distracted by their deadlines, the charming Argentine lass would slip into their room, grab a handful of candies and quietly make her escape.

Gisela makes no secret of her weakness for sweets and often asked if she could stop at the media centre for a post-game snack.

When she blew three match points to miss out on the chance of holding up her maiden trophy, the tennis press decided to cheer her up. They arranged for the pony-tailed star to be shepherded to the media centre for some candies. Alas, when she arrived, they were all gone.

Sensing her disappointment, a Channel 9 reporter searched his pockets and pulled out a couple of lollies to sweeten her mood after the defeat to Sybille Bammer.

It's hard to believe the slender Dulko eats so many candies. But judging by her furious on-court chases, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how she burns off the calories.

Link: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007...t_30026817.php

Gise and candies :drool: :angel:

Zoltan83 Feb 21st, 2007 07:31 PM

Nice story :lol:

Eugenia Feb 26th, 2007 01:43 PM

Domingo 25 de febrero de 2007
Que lindo que la gente se quiera...

La bella tenista argentina Gisela Dulko, de 22 años, aseguró que el chileno Fernando González, Nº 5 del mundo, "es un buen novio y cumple"

ACAPULCO -- La argentina Gisela Dulko, una de las tenistas más bellas del Abierto de tenis de Acapulco, aseguró que no es un problema ser la novia de un jugador entre los cinco mejores del mundo, el chileno Fernando González.

"No tiene que ser un problema, es un buen novio, cumple, pero a veces también conversamos sobre tenis", dijo la sudamericana, con unos lindos ojos azules y maneras muy femeninas, tal vez las virtudes con las que conquistó a González.

Gisela contestó con respuestas cortas las preguntas acerca de su noviazgo con González, finalista del Abierto de Australia de este año, pero no evadió el tema y lamentó su ausencia en el cuadro del certamen.

"De todas formas van a verlo, él eligió descansar esta semana, pero vendrá y todos podrán verlo", comentó la número 43 de la lista mundial, que debutará en el Abierto mexicano contra la estadounidense Meilen Tu y tendrá como hincha número uno a un aficionado de lujo, un tenista del top 5.

Dulko, de 22 años de edad, ha jugado dobles con la norteamericana, lo cual supone una dificultad en el duelo entre ambas porque se conocen mucho.

"Será un partido difícil, es amiga mía y juega bien", abundó la jugadora nacida en 1985 en Buenos Aires, que se hizo profesional antes de cumplir los 16 años y tiene un buen juego de mano derecha.

Admiradora de la música del español Alejandro Sanz, aficionada al cine y a la comida italiana, la argentina llamó la atención en el sorteo del Abierto de Acapulco, al cargar el trofeo que le darán el sábado a la campeona del Abierto Mexicano.

"Ojalá lo levante el sábado de verdad, hace poco perdí la final en Tailandia y me encantaría ganar aquí, donde me tratan siempre muy bien", señaló.

Aunque aun está lejos de las mejores del mundo, Gisela asegura que su sueño es ser jugadora del top 10, para lo cual necesita mejorar en todo y ganar experiencia."Aun soy chica, tengo tiempo por delante", señaló.

Gisela Dulko admira a los tenistas de su país situados entre los mejores del mundo, pero reclama el lugar de las mujeres argentinas, dice que muchas jóvenes tienen talento, pero necesitan apoyo porque cuesta mucho jugar en Europa o Estados Unidos.

"Hay jóvenes con talento, alguna de nosotras puede llegar lejos, pero necesitamos ayuda" señaló.

En la actualidad hay cuatro argentinas entre las 150 del mundo, pero sólo Dulko va entre las 100; Clarisa Fernández, de 25 años, es la 108, Jorgelina Cravero, de 24, la número 144, y Paola Suárez, de 29, va colocada en el 150.

Link: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news...ten&type=story

Eugenia Apr 25th, 2007 02:51 AM

Olympic champion at the Római Tennis Academy

The men’s tennis doubles champion of the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Chilean Fernando Gonzalez is the most prominent tennis player present at the venue of the Gaz de France Budapest Grand Prix. Although, he was playing on one of the courts on Monday, he did not enter the ladies’ competition. The reason for his presence here could be found on the other half of the court: Argentine Gisela Dulko who is actually a participant of the competition, what’s more, she is the no. 6 seed – it is her that Gonzalez, currently 7th in the ATP singles ranking, accompanied to Budapest…

Link: http://www.rta.hu/index.php?option=c...=147&Itemid=82

Eugenia Apr 28th, 2007 12:44 PM

Interview with Gisela Dulko

The only seeded player to survive the quarterfinals was Gisela Dulko of Argentina. The no. 6 seed defeated Olga Savchuk of the Ukraine 6-3, 6-4 to set up a semi final encounter against Hungary's Ágnes Szávay. She had this to say Friday afternoon, after her match against Savchuk:

Gisela Dulko: It was a tough match. I think she is a good player. I didn't know her before we entered the court and we started to hit balls. It was a tough game, we were both running a lot, but I think I played good tennis. I was very focused and I did my best.

It seems Olga could not surprise you.

G. D.: She's a good player, she had some good drop shots. Also, she had good and strong serves sometimes.

You are now in the semi-finals. Did you hope for this result before the tournament?

G. D.: I didn't have any special expectations. I just wanted to come here and do my best. I came from home, playing in Argentina in the Fed Cup. We won and that also gave me confidence to play well at this tournament in Budapest. I'm going to keep playing the same way I did so far.

Your next opponent is Hungary's Ágnes Szávay. Do you know her?

G. D.: No, she is another opponent I don't know, so we will see. I expect to play good tennis and I expect to win, of course. I came here to win.

Link: http://www.rta.hu/index.php?option=c...=169&Itemid=82

LegionArgentina Apr 28th, 2007 01:15 PM

Confidence that word is very important for Gisela, nice to see that is doing well :kiss:

Eugenia Apr 28th, 2007 02:55 PM

The first finalist is Gisela Dulko

No. 6 seed Argentine Gisela Dulko is the first finalist of the Gaz de France Budapest Grand Prix in the 2007 singles competition. In the semifinal, Dulko, 50th in the WTA world rankings, defeated Hungary’s Ágnes Szávay, ranked 158th, in two sets: 6-2, 6-1. Gisela Dulko talked to us during the other semi-final about how she saw her own semi-final and what she expected from the final.

Gisela Dulko: Well, I think I played really good today. I had a good match from the beginning to the end. She is a young but tough player. I think I played really solid, I did my game and it worked well.

Any special tactics that you applied?

G. D.: Well, I think I had a good mix of shots: sometimes I hit hard, sometimes I played the high ball. I tried to play a lot from my first serve, and put pressure on her with my returns.

Was it as easy as the score suggests?

G. D.: No, I don't think so, we played a tough game. We really had a tough fight for the game from 4-2 to 5-2. I think that winning that made the difference.

What do you expect from the final?

G. D.: Well, I don't know either the Italian [Karin Knapp] or the Romanian girl [Sorana Cirstea]. I saw them play two games. They are young and coming up. They have nothing to lose. They can play relaxed. For me, it's very nice to be in the final. I will try to do my best to win the last match.

Did the presence of your friend, Fernando [Gonzalez, 7th in the men's world rankings] give you some extra support?

G. D.: Of course, it was really nice that he could be here. He saw my matches and sometimes we also talked about tennis, and my game. Unfortunately, he had to leave this afternoon as he is going to play in Estoril, Portugal.

Link: http://www.rta.hu/index.php?option=c...=172&Itemid=82

Eugenia Apr 29th, 2007 10:02 PM

Dulko Stops Cirstea's Run, Captures Career-First Title

April 29, 2007

© Sony Ericsson WTA Tour

BUDAPEST, Hungary - After going down a set it looked as though she was headed for a third straight loss in a final; but she never threw in the towel. On Sunday a tenacious Gisela Dulko finally captured her first career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles title, fighting back for a 67(2) 62 62 win over Romanian teenager Sorana Cirstea in the final of the Tier III Gaz de France Budapest Grand Prix.

The first set of the title match-up was by far the most competitive. Dulko rallied back from early deficits of 3-1 and 4-2, and even went ahead 30-0 trying to serve it out at 5-4, but Cirstea hung tough with her, winning four straight points to break back to 5-5 then plowing through the tie-break for a one set lead. Dulko rebounded quickly, however. She reeled off the first four games of the second set and then four of the first five games of the third, eventually clinching the victory in two hours, 27 minutes.

"In the end it was a really physical match," said Dulko, seeded No.6 in Budapest. "We both played long matches all week and were really tired, but I think I was just able to hang in there better at the end. It was a really tough match."

"This was a special week. It was very important for me to win my first title."

"I started off really well and was really happy with the first set," Cirstea said. "But after the first set I was so tired. The second and third weren't bad, but I wasn't fit enough to finish it well. I had a long week; all my matches went to three sets. But even though I lost today, I'm very happy with the result."

Dulko had been 0-2 in finals, falling in the 2005 Hobart final to China's Zheng Jie, and more recently in the Pattaya City final earlier this year to Austrian Sybille Bammer. In Pattaya she had a 5-3 third set lead with three match points, but it was not something she thought about Sunday, at least for most of the match.

"I tried not to think about my other finals but at the end, in the last two or three games, I was thinking about them a little bit; it was impossible not to."

Now, Dulko becomes the first Argentine to claim a Tour singles title in more than three years, the last one being Paola Suárez, who won Canberra in January 2004.

"It has been a long time since a player won a tournament for our country, so I'm really proud," Dulko continued. "I feel proud for myself and our team. We have worked hard for this. I hope I can keep playing well in the next tournaments too."

Cirstea, who won three qualifying rounds and battled through four three-setters just to reach the final, put an end to a longer drought; it had been almost seven years since a Romanian made a Tour singles final, not since Ruxandra Dragomir finished runner-up at 's-Hertogenbosch in June 2000.

"It's a really big thing for me," the 17-year-old said. "Especially since it is only my third Tour event. Hopefully I'll play more finals and win some, too. Ruxandra is such a great person. She sent me messages before and after my matches encouraging me so much. She's our Fed Cup captain and was great this week."

"Sorana is young but she has a great game and a big future," Dulko said. "It's like she has forehands on both sides. She's tough mentally and I think she was just a little bit tired in the end today, but I know she'll be a great player."

The No.4-seeded pairing of Agnes Szavay and Vladimira Uhlirova claimed the doubles title later in the day, defeating non-seeds Martina Müller and Gabriela Navratilova, 75 62. It was a first career Tour title for both the 18-year-old Hungarian Szavay and the 28-year-old Czech Uhlirova.

Link: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1...ContentID=1289

Garcia May 1st, 2007 02:51 AM

Argentina Dulko sube del puesto 50 al 34 en escalafón mundial

La argentina Gisela Dulko ganó el domingo su primer título del circuito de la WTA al derrotar a la rumana Sorana Cirstea con parciales de 6-7 (2-7), 6-2, 6-2 en el torneo de Budapest (Hungría).

Con ese resultado, la rioplatense subió del puesto 50 al 34 en el escalafón mundial del tenis de femino, cuya líder sigue siendo la belga Justine Henin, a quien le siguen la rusa Maria Sharapova y la francesa Amélie Mauresmo.

- Clasificación del 30 de abril:
1. Justine Henin (BEL) 3.859 puntos
2. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 3.388
3. Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) 2.776
4. Kim Clijsters (BEL) 2.699
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 2.667
6. Martina Hingis (SUI) 2.294
7. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 2.257
8. Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) 1.957
9. Nadia Petrova (RUS) 1.869
10. Dinara Safina (RUS) 1.863
11. Anna Chakvetazde (RUS) 1.847
12. Serena Williams (USA) 1.770
13. Elena Dementieva (RUS) 1.635
14. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 1.616
15. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 1.525
16. Shahar Peer (ISR) 1.508
17. Li Na (CHN) 1.432
18. Tatiana Golovin (FRA) 1.390
19. Patty Schnyder (SUI) 1.337
20. Vera Zvonareva (RUS) 1.253
34. Gisela Dulko (ARG) 638
89. Catalina Castaño (COL) 322

http://globovision.com/news.php?nid=54751

LegionArgentina May 2nd, 2007 10:35 AM

May 1, 2007

Gisela Dulko's Estoril Player Blog

ESTORIL, Portugal - Having already earned several Top 10 wins and reached the later rounds at a number of higher-tier events, all Gisela Dulko was missing on her resumé was a title - until last week. The 22-year-old Argentine won her first Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles title at the Tier III Gaz de France Budapest Grand Prix over the weekend and now comes to another one of her best events in Estoril, having never fallen before the quarterfinals in her three prior appearances. Follow along with the Dulko win streak as she writes the latest Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Player Blog from the Iberian Peninsula.

-----

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope to keep you all updated on everything going on at the Estoril Open this week, so hopefully you enjoy reading it.

First of all, I'd like to say I'm really happy about Budapest. Before I went there I was playing Fed Cup back in Argentina but even though I won my matches there and was feeling pretty confident, I never thought I was going to win in Budapest. I think I had a really good week though and I played well. The final with Sorana Cirstea was a really physical match; she's young but she's tough. At the end I was so tired, but I was very happy and just so relaxed, because I finally won my first tournament. Now I have a winning streak so I hope to keep it going here!

The trip from Budapest to Estoril was pretty good. The final ended Sunday at 2pm and my flight left at 7pm, so I had time to relax a little before I left. I was going to sleep on the plane, but it was too noisy; there was a group of girls who were flying for the first time, and they were jumping and screaming. It was terrible! I couldn't change seats, either. It was a three-and-a-half hour flight.

I eventually got to my hotel here in Estoril at about 1130pm and I was starving so I ordered a hamburger and fries in the room. I just fell asleep after that.

Today I played my first match of the week, against Julia Schruff. I had played her a few weeks ago at Charleston - it was a tough match but I won, 6-4 in the third. This one was tough, too. 6-1 for me, 6-1 for her, then 6-1 for me again. It was a strange score line! She's a good player. I'm feeling the confidence from winning a title, so although I lost the second set and was feeling a bit too relaxed, I started fighting again right when the third started, running every ball down like in the first set. I played very well at the end and I'm happy I'll have another match to play!

After an autograph session (I've included a photo), I went to watch Fernando's first match. Fernando (González) and I have been together for about nine months now. I had an incredible time watching him do so well in Australia. I was there until he got to the quarterfinals; I couldn't stay for the semis or final because I had to go to the tournament in Tokyo, but I was watching all of his matches in a sports café there! I was with my brother, Alejandro. Going to cafés and bars to watch the matches was fun and there were people from all over the world there.

Unfortunately, Fernando lost his match today, against Paul-Henri Mathieu. He lost to him in Miami this year as well. It was tough conditions today - it was raining a lot today and it's tough to play like this. Although I heard it was snowing today at the tournament in Warsaw so I guess today was just bad weather everywhere! I don't think he was playing his best and it's just his second tournament of the year on clay so I think he'll start playing well again soon.

I don't play my second singles match until Thursday but on Wednesday I will be playing my first doubles match, which I'm looking forward to. Flavia Pennetta and I are No.1 seeds in the doubles this week. We play really well together; we made the semis in Charleston, and we know each other well. We have fun on the court. It's important to have a good relationship with your partner. And doubles is very important; it's good practice, especially for volleys, and I take it very seriously.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow after my match!

Gisela :kiss:

lucho_coria May 2nd, 2007 12:13 PM

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

good Gisela
i love you

Eugenia May 2nd, 2007 01:15 PM

Gisela's blog :drool:
I can't wait to read more entries! :bounce:

Zoltan83 May 3rd, 2007 06:35 PM

It's nice she is blogging now :D

Eugenia May 4th, 2007 12:23 PM

Gisela Dulko's Estoril Player Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Unfortunately, Flavia and I lost our first round doubles match today. We had fun playing it but we were a bit angry afterwards, because we really had our chances. We won the first set and in the second set we had a point to go up 5-4 but lost it; we were a bit unlucky on that one. That complicated things as we then went to a tie-break and lost that as well, 10-8. But it happens. We still had a good time.

I was feeling pretty good this morning - not really that tired from my first round match - but now I'm pretty tired because we spent a lot of Wednesday not doing much because it rained so much! We started that doubles match around 630pm and finished really late, like 830pm. It was getting really cold out there...

There are a few things you can do to keep yourself busy when there's a rain delay. There are some arcade games here I was playing and I also spent some time on the internet, but one game we play - I'm not sure what it's called in English - but you pick a letter then try thinking of names, brands, soccer teams, colors, animals, tennis players or whatever you want, that start with that letter. I was playing it a lot with my fitness coach and a friend of ours, Edmundo, that comes and visits us at the Italian tournaments. Whenever you're done you say 'stop' and then you check everyone's answers, and whoever got the most wins. Edmundo is Italian so sometimes he used Italian names and words, which is fine - we use every language! I'm pretty good at it... I can write fast, and I play it a lot so I usually have some answers I'll already have in my mind. I'm experienced!

After my match we went back to the hotel for a bit then me, Fernando, my fitness coach and a few friends went to dinner at an Italian restaurant. It's one of the best places here for Italian, in my opinion. I ate a little bit of everything: Caprese Pizza, pasta, peanut tortellini... and then I had chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I love ice cream. If I can get it, I'll eat it every day. My favorite flavor is dulce de leche, which I have all the time in Argentina. You can get that at Häagen-Dazs, too. Back home we sometimes eat it with bread, but it's made sort of like Nutella for that... oh and I love Nutella also. I eat a lot of food and I love sweets!

Well I'm on early tomorrow, playing against Flavia in singles. It'll be tough to play a friend so we'll see what happens.

Talk to you all afterwards!

Gisela