TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Pacific Life Open (http://www.tennisforum.com/932-pacific-life-open/)
-   -   Wozniacki, Lucic, Osterloh gets IW Wildcards! (http://www.tennisforum.com/932-pacific-life-open/285506-wozniacki-lucic-osterloh-gets-iw-wildcards.html)

Jorn Feb 12th, 2007 04:52 PM

Wozniacki, Lucic, Osterloh gets IW Wildcards!
 
Hi,

9 MD wildcards and 6 Qualies WCs to give out, but who get them? :wavey:

Its reported in danish news Papers and Websites Caroline Wozniacki get a wildcard!

Is it likely Caroline will get 3 wildcards into IW, Miami and Memphis? as also reported in the papers...

If yes her Agents/Managers SFX do a great job!! :worship:

kittyking Feb 13th, 2007 08:50 AM

Re: Wildcards??
 
I understand that Ashley Weinhold is in the running to get a quali wildcard :woohoo:

TheBoiledEgg Feb 13th, 2007 10:58 AM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorn (Post 10037191)
Hi,

9 MD wildcards and 6 Qualies WCs to give out, but who get them? :wavey:

Its reported in danish news Papers and Websites Caroline Wozniacki get a wildcard, (we just don't know if Quali or MD)

Is it likely Caroline will get 3 wildcards into IW, Miami and Memphis? as also reported in the papers...

If yes her Agents/Managers SFX do a great job!! :worship:

SFX player getting a WC into IMG tournament (Miami) :eek: :eek:

Jorn Feb 13th, 2007 02:09 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg (Post 10041880)
SFX player getting a WC into IMG tournament (Miami) :eek: :eek:

You don't think she get's a Quali wildcard into Miami?

(It can be wrong info posted by danish news papers....)

We will wait and see, I believe it when I see the draw.

CrossCourt~Rally Feb 13th, 2007 09:49 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Amy Frazier will get one if she decides she wants to play :bounce:

Highlandman Feb 15th, 2007 10:29 AM

Re: Wildcards??
 
I think Stevenson for Qualis - and Kirkland for Q or MD as always...

Jorn Feb 18th, 2007 01:15 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
About the Miami wildcard:

Sony Ericsson is Caroline Wozniacki's new Sponsor. :)

Do they like in Nordea Nordic Open have Sponsor invitations there?

(or maybe it just in Golf...)

Petkorazzi Feb 18th, 2007 03:00 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Tatishvili gets WC for both tournaments, IW and Miami, and possibly charlseton because she got in 2006 WCs MD in Miami, IW and Charleston,lost to Jackson in 1st round IW but Beat Sania Mirza(#41 then) In Miami before losing to Dementieva, and in Charlston beat Pous-Tio before losing to Dechy 6-4 7-5.. She deserves them for sure

disco_rage Feb 18th, 2007 08:02 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Hoping Ansley Cargill will be given one... but no chance!

Iceland Feb 18th, 2007 08:33 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Tatishvili again ?!!! :( :o Is it confirmed or is that just an hypothesis because she was there last year ?

Eclipsed Feb 22nd, 2007 01:39 AM

Re: Wildcards??
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pockit2006 (Post 10091985)
Hoping Ansley Cargill will be given one... but no chance!

I havent' seen her play in a while. So i dont really think she deserves any type of WC unless she is ready to comeback.

tucker1989 Feb 22nd, 2007 02:09 AM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gigiberi (Post 10089471)
Tatishvili gets WC for both tournaments, IW and Miami, and possibly charlseton because she got in 2006 WCs MD in Miami, IW and Charleston,lost to Jackson in 1st round IW but Beat Sania Mirza(#41 then) In Miami before losing to Dementieva, and in Charlston beat Pous-Tio before losing to Dechy 6-4 7-5.. She deserves them for sure

I was at the Tatishvili/Mirza match and it was one of the worst pro matches that I have ever seen. Anna didn't need to do anything because of all of Sania's errors, and from what I saw she needs to develop more before she can do anything big on the WTA circuit. She most definitely does not deserve WC's to all three of those tournaments, maybe one MD and one Q, but three MD is just outrageous.

Jorn Feb 22nd, 2007 12:55 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Caroline Wozniacki wrote in her Blog, she has Main Draw Wild Card to Indian Wells! So that is Soooo nice:) as she wrote. ;)

(I think quali wc maybe had been better...)

Jorn Feb 22nd, 2007 01:02 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
Some info:

American Bethanie Mattek leads a group of players receiving maindraw wild cards into the women's field at the Pacific Life Open including Caroline Wozniacki, Asha Rolle, Lauren Albanese and Anna Tatishvili.

In addition, veterans Lilia Osterloh, a semifinalist at Quebec City last year, and Mirjana Lucic, a 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist who is returning to the tour after injuries, will also be receiving wild cards into the tournament. One remaining wild card has yet to be awarded.

Wild cards for the women's qualifying draw were awarded to Lindsey Nelson, Cassandra Herzberg, Anne Yelsey, Kim Couts and Anastasia Pivavarova. The last wild card will be given to the winner of the pre-qualifying tournament being held March 3-4.

TheGrinders.TV Feb 22nd, 2007 02:24 PM

Re: Wildcards??
 
This is very good news regarding Bethanie Mattek (BMAT) as some friends call her =). She had a very good tournament last year and gave the crowd a whole lot to cheer about. She fought very hard and the tournament likes her very much ad she has been training there in between events w/ her new coach (major reason for her new found efficient tennis-new player). Indian Wells result for 2006:

VS, I, USA, CA, March 18, 2006, $ 2,100,000 , HARD (O)
Draw: 128M/64Q/32D, Rank: 115, Seed/Entry: 9/Q

Rnd Opponent Rank W/L Score
Q- R64 H2H GALLOVITS, EDINA ROM 139 W 6-4 2-6 4-4 ret.
Q- R32 H2H (19) AZARENKA, VICTORIA BLR 129 W 1-6 6-4 7-5
R128 H2H (Q) PRATT, NICOLE AUS 135 W 6-7(6) 6-4 6-3
R64 H2H (28) MIRZA, SANIA IND 45 L 6-2 3-6 7-5




Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorn (Post 10126871)
Some info:

American Bethanie Mattek leads a group of players receiving maindraw wild cards into the women's field at the Pacific Life Open including Caroline Wozniacki, Asha Rolle, Lauren Albanese and Anna Tatishvili.

In addition, veterans Lilia Osterloh, a semifinalist at Quebec City last year, and Mirjana Lucic, a 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist who is returning to the tour after injuries, will also be receiving wild cards into the tournament. One remaining wild card has yet to be awarded.

Wild cards for the women's qualifying draw were awarded to Lindsey Nelson, Cassandra Herzberg, Anne Yelsey, Kim Couts and Anastasia Pivavarova. The last wild card will be given to the winner of the pre-qualifying tournament being held March 3-4.



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome