TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Blast from the Past (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Where is Francoise Durr Browning? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=283912)

John S Jan 31st, 2007 10:45 PM

Where is Francoise Durr Browning?

Met Frankie and Boyd in Phoenix in the early to mid 80's. Have lost contact and have not seen them in close to 20 years or the last time the Virgina Slims Legends were in Houston and Frankie was here.

In fact, it was 20 years because their daughter Jessica was just born and Nicholas was still a young child.

The last # I had was Frankie's apartment in Paris. If any one has contact with them, tell them that I should have taken the cook's job on the boat. Boyd, are you still flying?

I am still in Houston and in the phone book if they remember my last name.

Rollo Jan 31st, 2007 11:22 PM

Re: Where is Francoise Durr Browning?

TennisVideos is probably your best bet for Durr info. I'd send him a private message if he doesn't respond to this thread.

If you do get in touch with Frankie give her our best regards!

tennisvideos Feb 1st, 2007 12:53 PM

Hi JohnS

I do keep in touch with Frankie and Boyd. They are indeed in Paris (the outskirts). I think Nicholas has just moved back with them and Jessica is in the States at school. In fact Nicholas posted on these threads just a few months ago - he was thrilled to see a thread about Frankie with all these great old photos.

If you would like to give me your details I can forward them to Frankie & Boyd and then they can get in contact with you. I would prefer not to give out their details as I don't think that's the right thing to do.

So send me a Private Message if you want to get a message to them.

Cheers

Craig

tennisvideos Feb 4th, 2007 09:01 AM

Hi John

I just got an email off Boyd & Frankie and they are thrilled to get your contact details as they have been trying to get in touch with you for about 5 years. So I am sure you will hear from the soon if you haven't already.

Cheers

Craig :)

trivfun Feb 4th, 2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisvideos (Post 9967712)
Hi John

I just got an email off Boyd & Frankie and they are thrilled to get your contact details as they have been trying to get in touch with you for about 5 years. So I am sure you will hear from the soon if you haven't already.

Cheers

Craig :)

Have you asked her of how and why Francoise and Darlene became doubles partner at the 1969 U.S. Open?

tennisvideos Feb 4th, 2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trivfun (Post 9973266)
Have you asked her of how and why Francoise and Darlene became doubles partner at the 1969 U.S. Open?

Hi there. I did ask Boyd if they had any pics of them at the USO but he doesn't think so.

I do have a video clip of them winning the match including each set point and also the match point.

If memory serves me correctly, Frankie's partner pulled out with an injury at the last minute so Darlene entered as a wild card with Frankie. Something like that I think.

Andy T Feb 5th, 2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisvideos (Post 9973350)
Hi there. I did ask Boyd if they had any pics of them at the USO but he doesn't think so.

I do have a video clip of them winning the match including each set point and also the match point.

If memory serves me correctly, Frankie's partner pulled out with an injury at the last minute so Darlene entered as a wild card with Frankie. Something like that I think.

Yep, I think you're right, tennisvideos. Ann Jones, who was Frankie's regular partner at that time, pulled out of the Open at the last miute (she was seeded 1 in signles, ahead of Madge and BJK!!), and Darlene replaced her.

trivfun Feb 5th, 2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisvideos (Post 9973350)

I asked Bud Collins who worked for CBS in 1969 on his website if this match was televised. He said no. Was that a film clip?

tennisvideos Jun 4th, 2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trivfun (Post 9980701)
I asked Bud Collins who worked for CBS in 1969 on his website if this match was televised. He said no. Was that a film clip?

Sorry to get back to you 5 years later but I just saw this link when searching the internet lol. Yes, the 1969 clip was a news clip. :)

Double Fault Jan 9th, 2013 03:19 AM

Has anyone seen this nice little video of Frankie? I love her accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Her9OE_TgwI

tennisvideos Jan 9th, 2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Fault (Post 22716639)
Has anyone seen this nice little video of Frankie? I love her accent.

Haven't seen it but loved hearing her voice again. We were privileged to have her and her daughter Jessica stay with us for a week last year and it was wonderful to hear her accent and laughter every day. There were many times she would be crying with laughter and tears streaming down her face as she recounted funny stories from her days on tour. What a wonderful woman and Jessica was adorable too! :worship:

The thing about Frankie is that she is so down to earth and has a wonderful sense of humour. And that to her crazy tennis game and you have a triple threat! :lol:

Rollo Jan 9th, 2013 09:36 PM

Here is a recent video of Francoise talking about her experience in the first Fed Cup in 1963. I have to say you are still tres jolie Frankie!

Double Fault Jan 9th, 2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisvideos (Post 22717641)
Haven't seen it but loved hearing her voice again. We were privileged to have her and her daughter Jessica stay with us for a week last year and it was wonderful to hear her accent and laughter every day. There were many times she would be crying with laughter and tears streaming down her face as she recounted funny stories from her days on tour. What a wonderful woman and Jessica was adorable too! :worship:

The thing about Frankie is that she is so down to earth and has a wonderful sense of humour. And that to her crazy tennis game and you have a triple threat! :lol:

She's wonderful, I agree tennisvideos. You are so lucky to know her personally. :) She's such a fun lady.

Double Fault Jan 9th, 2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollo (Post 22720675)
Here is a recent video of Francoise talking about her experience in the firt Fed Cup in 1963. I have to say you are still tres jolie Frankie!

That's the same video I posted above (post 10) Rollo. :)

Rollo Jan 10th, 2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

That's the same video I posted above (post 10) Rollo. :)
Oh dear.:o

To cover my shame I can only say that a good thing doesn't suffer from being repeated.

Are you aware of our other Durr related threads?