TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Smash 'em, Sam (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=689)
-   -   Sammy at Ao (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=280183)

Sammy 4 eva!!! Jan 10th, 2007 05:39 AM

Sammy at Ao

How do u guys reckon shell go:confused: I think shell at least get to the third round!!!!

aussy89 Jan 10th, 2007 07:20 AM

Re: Sammy at Ao

hmm well if she shows up she should make the first round ahaha, well i cant tell until the draw is out, shes moving an playing very well, she didnt have much luk against janko but she gave her a run i think whith her seeding of 25(i think, with the withdrawels) she should make the 3rd round, but u jus never no with the aus open, lets jus wait till friday =) an fingers crossed for a dream draw.

Matt_014 Jan 10th, 2007 09:31 AM

Yep we will be crossing our fingers.
Hopefully continue on like last year at the AO.
I reckon she can make it to the Quarters with a good draw run.
Just have to wait to see the draw hopefully all goes well for our Sammie
Smash 'Em Sam.

jas_aussie Jan 10th, 2007 09:45 AM

i think she will be the 24th seed which is alright which will probably put her to play between the 6 - 10 seed in the 3rd and i think she could win that match i think she could make the semi's!!

Ben. Jan 10th, 2007 09:59 AM

i'll wait for the draw to come out before i make my decision.

Wedgie619 Jan 11th, 2007 11:48 PM

WOOOHOOOO!!! the draw is finally out and it is looking good for Sammy to reach the tird round at least..... in the first round sam will be playing a qually and the highest ranch qually after the first round is Kristina Barrois of Germany (117)

In the second round Stosur will go up against either Jelena Kostanic Tosic of Croatia (53) of Australia's own Sophie Ferguson (171)... these two matches should be easy for an in form Stosur so lets hope she brings her A Game.....

If ranking is any indication then Stosur sets up a third round meeting with Anna Chakvetadze (seeded 12).... Sammy has won their only encounter (6-4 6-4 in Linz 2006)

If Sammy reaches the fourth round she sets up an encounter with Patty Schnyder (seeded 8) or Alicia Molik.....

Good Luck Sammy for the AO and hoping that she can reach at least the 4th round (which she has a good chance of doing)

Smash Em' Sammy!!!

aussy89 Jan 12th, 2007 12:10 AM

sam has a dream run, all she needs to do is take it an use it shes gota a very strong chance at the 4th rnd, sam jus play ur best tennis an a 4th rnd is urs for sure =) kick some butt grl cant wait to c u soon =)

Mr.Kardashian Jan 12th, 2007 03:39 AM

guys i really think sam has a great draw and could make the quarters... i dont think chekvetadze is as good as her ranking suggests and she will be tired after hobart and if sam makes the third round against probably patty or alicia i think she will have the momentum to win that fourth round match... i wont get ahead of myself but i couldnt have hoped for a better draw for sammy... good luck sammy smash em!

Mr.Kardashian Jan 12th, 2007 03:39 AM

guys i really think sam has a great draw and could make the quarters... i dont think chekvetadze is as good as her ranking suggests and she will be tired after hobart and if sam makes the 4th round against probably patty or alicia i think she will have the momentum to win that fourth round match... i wont get ahead of myself but i couldnt have hoped for a better draw for sammy... good luck sammy smash em!

Matt_014 Jan 12th, 2007 06:40 AM

Great draw !!!!!
She's gonna do well now hopefully.
All we can do is sit back and cheer.
Smash 'Em Sam :worship:

jas_aussie Jan 12th, 2007 09:51 AM

I like this draw and i hope she plays sharapova in the QF i think she could win that match!! i think Sammy can do well here!!

Andy. Jan 12th, 2007 10:36 AM

Fantastic draw for Sami I hope she can take advantage of it. Good luck Sami

Wedgie619 Jan 13th, 2007 04:14 AM

Well some good news for sammy..... the highest ranked qualifier was Julia Vakulenko UKR (118)
Wish Sammy all the best for her AO campaign.... lets hop she can defend her points from last year and maybe go further

Smash Em' Sammy

Mr.Kardashian Jan 13th, 2007 05:17 AM

good luck sam cant wait to see u play next week,,,

Wedgie619 Jan 13th, 2007 06:44 AM

The qualifiers have been place in the main draw and Sammy's first round opponent is ..... Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic ranked 119 so hopefully this can be an easy win for sammy