TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Statistics (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Most Points Won In A Row. (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=276542)

:inlove: Dec 7th, 2006 11:28 AM

Most Points Won In A Row.

What is the most amount of points a player has won consecutively?

Angela Haynes won the first 21 points of her match against Carly Gullickson not too long ago.
Anyone have any others? :)

selyoink Dec 10th, 2006 12:11 AM

Re: Most Points Won In A Row.

I believe Kuznetsova won the last 18 points of her match against Myskina at Rome this year. She was down 1-4 in the second set and the last four games were all love games. I believe she won the last two points of the 6th game as well.

KimC&MariaSNo1's Dec 11th, 2006 09:01 AM

didnt Safina win a huge amount of points in a row against Sharapova at french open when she was down 5-1

Wednesday Feb 4th, 2007 10:33 AM

Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row :eek: . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

Here is the article I found:

Frazier in Turn-Around Wednesday at WTA Memphis

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Link: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php

CrossCourt~Rally Feb 4th, 2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wednesday (Post 9968694)
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row :eek: . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Aaahh...i remember it well :lol: :worship: Thanks for posting :bounce:

Ellery Feb 4th, 2007 11:01 PM

Amy :worship:

Harju. Feb 5th, 2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

:eek: Amazing Amy :worship:
I hope she comes back soon :awww:

DAVAJ MKirilenko Feb 5th, 2007 09:00 PM

Hingis won 19 points in a row against Ana in Tokyo.

Jakeev Feb 6th, 2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

That could be a record in a single set considering a Golden Set has yet to be recorded among the women in the Open Era. (Pauline Betz was the last known player on record to win a Golden Set)

disco_rage Feb 7th, 2007 05:41 PM

Wow! What a comeback from Amy! So, Amy please comeback! Lol

RJWCapriati Feb 11th, 2007 05:18 AM

Quote:

Amazing, I didn't realize someone had been that close to a golden set!!

:inlove: Feb 11th, 2007 05:16 PM

Amy :bowdown:
Yaroslava :worship:

DAVAJ MKirilenko Feb 18th, 2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJWCapriati (Post 10025141)
Amazing, I didn't realize someone had been that close to a golden set!!

Yes, being so close to that and being bageld 2 times in the same match.

HenryMag. Feb 27th, 2007 06:02 PM

Argeri vs. Pangaio (Q Estoril 06) Argeri won 21 points before Pangaio win her 1st point.

HenryMag. Feb 27th, 2007 06:03 PM

Amazing match by Amy in Memphis!! :)