TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Team USA (http://www.tennisforum.com/204-team-usa/)
-   -   Edina Gallovits cheering thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/204-team-usa/261571-edina-gallovits-cheering-thread.html)

Highlandman Sep 8th, 2006 09:38 AM

Edina Gallovits cheering thread
 
I saw here is no thread for her :mad: :sad:

This is Edina:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/g...x200/70471.jpg

Residence Atlanta, GA, USA
Date of Birth December 10, 1984
Birthplace Timisoara, Romania
Height 5' 5" (1.65 m)
Weight 117 lbs. (53 kg)
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Status Pro

Career-High Singles No. 71 (June 18, 2007) , current rank is 71


Personally:

Started playing tennis aged 4 with her parents at a local club ... A baseliner who prefers clay courts .... Full name is Klaudia Edina Gallovits ... Mother, Florica, is a handball coach; father, Gyula Laszlo, is a sports teacher (incl. pentathlon); sister, Alida, is an MBA student in Buffalo, NY (also plays tennis); also has three dogs ... Graduated from high school (in Timisoara, Romania) in June 2003 ... Speaks Romanian, Hungarian, German and English ... Likes all types of music except country; favorite artists include Staind, Linkin Park and Jay-Z ... Likes to watch television, read and listen to music ... Most memorable experience was qualifying for Grand Slam debut at 2003 Roland Garros ... Superstitious about not walking on tennis court lines while playing ... Most admires Martina Hingis for being "a great and really smart player" ... Goal is to reach the Top 10.


CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

SiNGLES
Winner: 2007 - ITF/Pelham, AL-USA, ITF/Charlottesville, VA-USA; 2006 - ITF/Indian Harbour Beach, FL-USA, ITF/Augusta, GA-USA; 2005 - ITF/Tunica Resorts, MS-USA, ITF/Lafayette, LA-USA; 2003 - ITF/Greenville, SC-USA; 2002 - ITF/Hvar-CRO, ITF/Szeged-HUN, ITF/Grado-ITA; 2001 - ITF/Cavtat-CRO; 2000 - ITF/Bucharest 1-ROU.
Finalist (1): 2007 - Barcelona.

DOUBLES
Winner: 2007 - ITF/Palm Desert, CA-USA (w/Ditty); 2006 - ITF/Indian Harbour Beach, FL-USA (w/Kirkland); 2004 - ITF/Cuneo-ITA (w/Gubacsi), ITF/Louisville, KY-USA (w/Ditty); 2003 - ITF/Maglie-ITA (w/Sescioreanu); 2002 - ITF/Galatina-ITA, ITF/Lecce 2-ITA (both w/Ehritt-Vanc); 2000 - ITF/Bucharest 1-ROU (w/Balaci).

ADDITIONAL Romanian Fed Cup Team 2001, 2003.



Edina on the court:

http://www.abiertomextenis.com.mx/ga...-gallovits.jpg
http://www.tennisserver.com/images/w...IMG_0026sm.jpg
http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/g1153g6.jpg
http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/gkopi/g1153g4.jpg

teo_honey Sep 9th, 2006 05:42 PM

:yeah: :bigclap:

Highlandman Sep 9th, 2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teo_honey
:yeah: :bigclap:

Hey :wavey:

I love Edina really much :worship: She is such a nice person :hearts: :worship: :bounce:

teo_honey Sep 9th, 2006 08:27 PM

Hello to you too! Unfortunately I can't say I know her (although she's my country's no. 1 player...). I think I saw only one match of hers, on Eurosport, some time ago. I feel sorry for her she can't surpass this level in her career-the middle of top 200. :(

Highlandman Sep 12th, 2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teo_honey
Hello to you too! Unfortunately I can't say I know her (although she's my country's no. 1 player...). I think I saw only one match of hers, on Eurosport, some time ago. I feel sorry for her she can't surpass this level in her career-the middle of top 200. :(

Hmm, I saw somewhere the match against Golovin 2005 and there she played very well: She is only 21, we will see what she will do in the next time. Edina should work a bit on her power.

She has always very nice outfits :hearts: :)

I wrote a letter for her 3 months ago and she answered very very nice and cute :hearts: :worship: :bounce: :hatoff:

teo_honey Sep 12th, 2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlandman
I wrote a letter for her 3 months ago and she answered very very nice and cute :hearts: :worship: :bounce: :hatoff:

WOW that's so cool! :)

Highlandman Sep 12th, 2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teo_honey
WOW that's so cool! :)

Yeah, she is very lovley :drool: :hearts: :worship:

DanWoody Sep 13th, 2006 09:41 AM

Hey, I have a aunt who was born in Timisoara. Nice place, and Tarzan (Jonny Weissmuller) was also born there.

Highlandman Sep 13th, 2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanWoody
Hey, I have a aunt who was born in Timisoara. Nice place, and Tarzan (Jonny Weissmuller) was also born there.

Cool, she knows Edina? :cool:

Yeah, I heard it is very nice there, but at the moment Edina is living in Atlanta :)

DanWoody Sep 13th, 2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlandman
Cool, she knows Edina? :cool:

Yeah, I heard it is very nice there, but at the moment Edina is living in Atlanta :)

No, she doesn't know her. I must ask my father if he knows her mother though. He played Handball in the 1 league there in Timisoara, until he moved temporarly to the US.

Highlandman Sep 13th, 2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanWoody
No, she doesn't know her. I must ask my father if he knows her mother though. He played Handball in the 1 league there in Timisoara, until he moved temporarly to the US.

Ah okay, yeah, than he knows her mother perhaps.

CooCooCachoo Sep 13th, 2006 11:02 PM

I saw her in Paris against TamaŽla. I was not impressed at all and she should have lost the match, in my opinion :shrug:

But good luck to her ;)

Highlandman Sep 13th, 2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
I saw her in Paris against TamaŽla. I was not impressed at all and she should have lost the match, in my opinion :shrug:

But good luck to her ;)

Thanks for wishing good luck to her :hug:

You saw her live in stadium? What dream of me :sad:

She is a really nice person with nice outfits, or? :) - because I don't know how it affect to the people when they see her live in stadium :)

CooCooCachoo Sep 14th, 2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlandman
Thanks for wishing good luck to her :hug:

You saw her live in stadium? What dream of me :sad:

She is a really nice person with nice outfits, or? :) - because I don't know how it affect to the people when they see her live in stadium :)

Yes, I saw her and also saw her a bit after her second round match.

I don't like her outfits very much :shrug: She was also a bit surprised to see someone ask for a photo :lol:

Here it is:

http://filecities.com/files/839/Rola.../Gallovits.jpg

CooCooCachoo Sep 14th, 2006 07:57 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome