TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Zheng Jie (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=683)
-   -   Jie approaching career high ranking (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=231272)

...jj... Apr 13th, 2006 02:32 PM

Jie approaching career high ranking

I think that jie is a brilliant player with a good all round game. When do people think she will reach her career high ranking of 42? She is at 46 now. Also, do you think she can repeat her performance of the 2004 french open and get to the 4th round or better?

Ellery Apr 13th, 2006 08:05 PM

I think Jie will reach her career high and improve it in the clay season (upcoming tournaments) :D

Go Jie!

Modiac. Apr 15th, 2006 09:44 AM

She has many points to defend in clay season,she was the runner-up in Rabat last year.But I think she can gain more points in RG than last year.

Williamsser Apr 18th, 2006 10:53 AM

Good luck, Jie!

Pasta-Na Apr 21st, 2008 09:46 AM

Re: Jie approaching career high ranking

sadly she is a bit out of top 200 atm, hope she will be in FO draw and "thunder" to boost up her both of her WS/WD rankings :rocker2:

Moonlight Shadow Jul 2nd, 2008 12:56 PM

what about now

AJZ. Jul 2nd, 2008 01:42 PM

If she wins Wimbledon, she'll move up to a career-high of 19-20 :D
If she gets to the final, she'll near her previous career-high of 27 with a ranking of 30.

Pasta-Na Jul 2nd, 2008 11:58 PM

jie, i really think u have a shot to beat serena today :)

Moonlight Shadow Jul 3rd, 2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VolcanicRain (Post 13540463)
If she wins Wimbledon, she'll move up to a career-high of 19-20 :D
If she gets to the final, she'll near her previous career-high of 27 with a ranking of 30.

what a great achievement if zheng defeat serena&venus and win the title ,now these is nothing to fear for zheng
wish her good luck tonight!

Pasta-Na Jul 11th, 2008 03:38 AM

jie had a sp in the second set vs serena :fiery: oh well, still a great tournament for little jie. :p

no pts to defend until the end of this year. pls reach top 30 or top 20. :rocker2:

Paul. Sep 28th, 2008 05:09 PM

TBE's rankings thread has Jie down as 26 now!

If this is the case, she will be at a new career high on Monday!

Also, as of next week, she's only 2 points off #25, 7 points off #24 and about 40 points off #23. And that doesn't take into account points coming off.

How likely do you all think it is that a final year-end push for Jie could see her in the top 20?

I don't think it's all that likely, but I definitely see her within the top 25, with real hopes for top 20 during the first half of 2009. What's her schedule?

Oh! And as of next week, Jie is Chinese number 1 again :D

Ellery Sep 28th, 2008 07:01 PM

Yay Paul :worship: Thanks for bumping this thread.

Both Amelie and Sybille (#24, 25) have 60 pts to defend in about 2 weeks.
Fran (#23) has about 200 points to defend.
Nicole "hot mess" Vaidisova (#22) has 430 points to defend :help: :o
Katarina Srebotnik (#21) has nothing to defend.

Safe points (they are probably kinda off cause I assumed their 17th tourney pts was 0, which might not be the case, but it shouldn't be too different from this):
Amelie: 982
Sybille: 987
Francesca: 879
Katarina: 1187
Nicole: 712
Jie: 1040
Agnes: 1030
Anabel: 1001

Jie is almost certain of finishing the year ahead of Nicole. Amelie is really struggling, and Sybille isn't in great form. I think Jie will also top Fran. As long as Jie can match Agnes and Anabel's points in the upcoming tournaments, she has a great chance of ending the year at 22nd, I think.

And yes, she is now Asia's number 1 player :hearts:

Paul. Sep 28th, 2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellery (Post 14148932)
Yay Paul :worship: Thanks for bumping this thread.

Both Amelie and Sybille (#24, 25) have 60 pts to defend in about 2 weeks.
Fran (#23) has about 200 points to defend.
Nicole "hot mess" Vaidisova (#22) has 430 points to defend :help: :o
Katarina Srebotnik (#21) has nothing to defend.

Safe points (they are probably kinda off cause I assumed their 17th tourney pts was 0, which might not be the case, but it shouldn't be too different from this):
Amelie: 982
Sybille: 987
Francesca: 879
Katarina: 1187
Nicole: 712
Jie: 1040
Agnes: 1030
Anabel: 1001

Jie is almost certain of finishing the year ahead of Nicole. Amelie is really struggling, and Sybille isn't in great form. I think Jie will also top Fran. As long as Jie can match Agnes and Anabel's points in the upcoming tournaments, she has a great chance of ending the year at 22nd, I think.

And yes, she is now Asia's number 1 player :hearts:

Thanks for the extra info :drool:

God, Nicole is really going down :o

Jie has proved herself to be a far better player than both Agnes and Anabel this season, so I hope the year end rankings reflect that. I'm wondering whether Jie will pull out of Tokyo after a couple of heavy weeks. Even so, she has nothing to defend so if she needs a rest, she should definitely take one IMO.

#1 in Asia! Fantastic!

By the way, it's not letting me rep you, so here's an honorary one: :woohoo:

andrewC Sep 28th, 2008 07:11 PM

GO Jie :D She really is Top 20 material. Keep going! Finish your season strong! :banana:

Ellery Sep 28th, 2008 07:21 PM

I am wondering if Jie might withdraw from Tokyo too :confused: If she wants to rest anytime before the European indoor tournaments, it has to be now :p

However, I think Jie tends to struggle indoor for some reason, so I think Tokyo is her best chance of stocking up pts.

On a more long-term perspective, however, I just hope Jie can carry this hot form into 2009 :scared: Like, for example, win a match in AO :help: :lol: :tape: Because she genuinely has a great chance of making top 20 in 2009. She has about 120 pts or so to defend during the January to March period, but that's nothing, honestly. Most importantly, she didn't play any clay tournaments this year except Roland-Garros :lol: so if she actually plays a full clay season (which is a decent surface for her) she could rack up some nice pts.