Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martina Hingis...

535 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  barmaid 
#1 ·
Hingis reached the semi-finals or better in 104 of the 118 events she played between the 1996 US Open and 2002 Indian Wells..... :worship: :worship: :worship:

I'm sorry, but she is simply amazing! Hope she does EXCELLENT in her return.

Joaco

#2 ·
Sorry to bother you but there are enough topics over Marti' ;)

#3 ·
Martian CFC said:
Sorry to bother you but there are enough topics over Marti' ;)
the more the merrier! WTAworld wasn't around during the glory days of Hingis.. perhaps the time has now come for Martina fans to dominate the board...:devil:

#4 ·
I liked Hingis, but I have to ask, people, honestly:

If Hingis couldn't handle the tour when she was healthy, how on earth is she going to handle it now that she's been off for three years? The players aren't hitting any softer, and looking at how she hit in a few exhibitions/world team tennis matches, she's not hitting any harder.

Hingis will win a few matches but will not be able to handle the average-jo players.

#5 ·
Sinnet said:

If Hingis couldn't handle the tour when she was healthy, how on earth is she going to handle it now that she's been off for three years? The players aren't hitting any softer, and looking at how she hit in a few exhibitions/world team tennis matches, she's not hitting any harder.

Hingis will win a few matches but will not be able to handle the average-jo players.
A major reason she left in 2002 was because of ankle injuries which required surgery in 2001/2002 and full recovery did not occur.

#6 ·
Sinnet said:

I'm sorry but this post is, well, crap.

When Hingis left the tour for her second ankle surgery in May 2002 she was #3 in the world and leading the Race to the Championships for the year. If that equates to not handling the tour, then I'm sure heaps of players aspire to that.

#7 ·
Robbie. said:

When Hingis left the tour for her second ankle surgery in May 2003 she was #3 in the world and leading the Race to the Championships for the year. If that equates to not handling the tour, then I'm sure heaps of players aspire to that.
so many doubters!! I hope Martina shuts them up :devil: :bowdown:

#9 ·
Robbie. said:

When Hingis left the tour for her second ankle surgery in May 2003 she was #3 in the world and leading the Race to the Championships for the year. If that equates to not handling the tour, then I'm sure heaps of players aspire to that.
U are absolutely correct...she was leading the Race to the Champioships after Winning Sydney and Tokyo as well as being a finalist Melbourne and Indian Wells and semi-finalist in Arizona...think it was 2002 not 2003 though...

Hopefully hingis proves everyone wrong..

#11 ·
While I was never a Hingis fan, I did admire her game. Her personality turned me off. IF she does come back I hope she does well as her top, or near top form game, would be an asset for the women^s tour. I do, however, doubt she could make the top 5. It would be interesting to she if she could though.

#12 ·
Speaking objectively and as a fan of Martina's I can say that having watched quite a few of her WTT matches know that her skills are still there....she still can outwit and outangle many shots with those magic hands of hers. That being said, she has a lot to improve in order to compete at the WTA level....first...she needs a good coach, second ..improve that serve...it was always been accurate now she needs to speed it up. At WTT, she could handle the men's serve in the mixed doubles and return them so she still can handle the power...what is going to be most important in Martina being successful is her fitness...that has to be #1...so she's got to come out of the gate super FITAll the Best Marti in putting it all together!!:hearts: :kiss: :worship:

barmaid:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.