TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Patty Schnyder (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Schedule 2006 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=205942)

S-T-E-V-E Nov 28th, 2005 04:55 PM

Schedule 2006

• Gold Coast
  • Sydney
  • Australian Open
  • Antwerp (not sure yet)
  • Dubai
  • Miami
  • Amelia Island
  • Charleston
  • Berlin
  • Rome
  • French Open
  • Wimbledon
  • Cincinatti (not sure yet)
  • Stanford
  • San Diego
  • New Haven (not sure yet)
  • US Open
  • Bali (not sure yet)
  • Filderstadt
  • Moscow (not sure yet)
  • Zurich
  • Linz
  • Masters Madrid (not sure yet)
I think she did a good job with her schedule again. She loves to play at the Gold Coast and was always very successfull there. She was commited to play Tokyo last year, but withdraw and didn't commit for 2006. Again, she won't play in Paris, her record there was pretty bad, but she did well in Antwerp. I'm a little bit dissapointed that she's not going to play Doha, only Dubai because afterwards she has 2 weeks for as she doesn't play Indian Wells. She will play Miamia, the "fith Grand Slam" again, afterwards, she will play on her favourite surface, clay. She can gain good points in Amelia Island and played very well last year in Charleston. She won't play Warsaw, but will be back to defend her big points in Berlin and Rome. It's not surprising that she won't play any tournaments until Wimbledon because she hates grass. I think she should do a smarter US hardcourt schedule afterwards, because she was tired as hell at San Diego this year and lost easily to Pierce. I think she should go and defend her title, play Stanford and may play Los Angeles or Toronto/Montreal. After the US Open, she may play Bali, but I think if she's going to play Bali, she should play the whole Asian circut, adding Beijing for example. She won't play in Luxembourg, but she will be back to play Filderstadt, Zurich and Linz. I hope she won't play in Moscow again as the surface is very dangerous and she doesn't like to play there. So basically, she's keeping the same schedule as last season, just removing some tournaments.

Jenny.C.Fan Nov 28th, 2005 05:50 PM

i like the schedule except i dont see the point in going from Oz to antwerp and then going back to dubai :confused: . Dissapointed she's not playing warsaw but its a pretty smart schedule. Good luck patty :)

vogus Nov 28th, 2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny.C.Fan
i like the schedule except i dont see the point in going from Oz to antwerp and then going back to dubai :confused: . Dissapointed she's not playing warsaw but its a pretty smart schedule. Good luck patty :)

Warsaw has been left off Patty's announced schedule every year, yet she has always ended up playing it, so don't be disappointed too soon :)

LefandePatty Nov 29th, 2005 05:35 AM

Awww she doesn't play the Open Gaz de France :awww:
And as usual, no Indian Wells :rolleyes: :o
I find this decision really strange.

*JR* Nov 29th, 2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LefandePatty
Awww she doesn't play the Open Gaz de France :awww:
And as usual, no Indian Wells :rolleyes: :o
I find this decision really strange.

Not singling out PP or Her Husband, the tour's "sense of geography" is totally fucked up. It starts in the Oz heat (with optional stops after the AO in Tokyo & Pattaya) then hits western Europe for 2 events, and 2 more in the gulf region. Then its on to Ameica for the 2 "Super Tier I" 2 week HC's and 2 clay events B4 heading back to Europe, all B4 the brief "summer break". Her old 30 event schedules didn't do Dokic much good, did they? (As ALG will learn, too). :rolleyes:

iPatty Nov 29th, 2005 10:24 PM

Lovin' that she is comin to Charleston again :woohoo: I get to go see her again. Next year, I'm going for everyday so I get to see all of her matches and some others :D

Why doesn't she play Indian Wells :retard: Think, Patty :o

vogus Nov 29th, 2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~PPP~
Lovin' that she is comin to Charleston again :woohoo: I get to go see her again. Next year, I'm going for everyday so I get to see all of her matches and some others :D

Why doesn't she play Indian Wells :retard: Think, Patty :o

Patty normally uses that time in early March to get some much needed rest before her long spring season, and the scheduling of Indian Wells, especially with it being a two week event, is not very convenient for the European players...

Purple_Llama Dec 2nd, 2005 12:57 PM

I wish she'd play the Hopman for a change-but I can see why she'd want to defend her title in QLD

vogus Dec 2nd, 2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple_Llama
I wish she'd play the Hopman for a change-but I can see why she'd want to defend her title in QLD

it's an ice-cold relationship between Team Federer and Team Schnyder, and i'm guessing that's why they have never played it.

*JR* Dec 2nd, 2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogus
it's an ice-cold relationship between Team Federer and Team Schnyder, and i'm guessing that's why they have never played it.

Ironically, the Fed Family is casually friendly with the Peppermint Parents, who of course their daughter doesn't talk to anymore. :shrug:

Purple_Llama Dec 3rd, 2005 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogus

Why is it cold? And Federers not playing the HC next year is he? :confused: He's only played 2 times to my knowledge & Patty hasn't played once. My guess was she likes it up in QLD a lot since her results are always very good there.

vogus Dec 4th, 2005 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple_Llama
Why is it cold? And Federers not playing the HC next year is he? :confused: He's only played 2 times to my knowledge & Patty hasn't played once. My guess was she likes it up in QLD a lot since her results are always very good there.

Patty and Roger would have been an obvious pairing to play the Hopman any of the last few seasons, as Roger has played it previously and Patty normally prefers to play higher profile events, so that fact that they have not taken even one of these opportunities to play together is quite telling. I think there are several reasons for the bad relations between the two camps, first of all Miroslava Vavrinec and Patty have never been the best of friends, also as JR noted the Federer family knows the Schnyder family so Roger probably has gotten a bit more info than most about whatever dirty tricks Rainer Hofmann has pulled over the years, and thirdly because i think Hofmann and Patty are very jealous of Roger's good-guy image and all the positive attention he is constantly receiving. Patty's outburst against her home fans last month in Zurich was, to me, a clear sign of that frustration.

switz Dec 5th, 2005 11:04 PM

i'm not going to say there aren't bad feelings but there's a bit more too it because Roger played the Hopman Cup once with Hingis when he was much younger and another time with Mirka. he clearly moved away from it and even Davis Cup since he became the dominant player on tour. Patty loves the Gold Coast tournament as well and has played it for the last 8 years or something.

It's not the type of tournament players want to play every year either because you have to be there for news years etc.

It's always been something i'd love to see though - my two favourites players in mixed doubles together. not likely to ever happen though

Purple_Llama Dec 9th, 2005 11:42 PM

Ah ok-I guess that clears it up a little-thanks Vogus. In saying that there's been quite a few times in which Rodger hasn't played & another Swiss guy has.

And why was Patty mad at her Swiss fans?

vogus Feb 28th, 2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny.C.Fan
Dissapointed she's not playing warsaw but its a pretty smart schedule. Good luck patty :)

Patty has added Warsaw, it's listed on her website now.