TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Italian Renaissance (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Astrid Besser Cheering Club! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=178240)

fredbdx Jul 10th, 2005 09:07 AM

Astrid Besser Cheering Club!

Hy guys, I decided to post a cheering thread concerning Astrid Besser here.

In fact, I've been fan of girls who are playing double handed shots from bothsides since I saw Monica Seles playing.

You're quite lucky in Italy because you've several girls playing with that particularuty: Adriana Serra Zanetti, Francesca Lubiani...and someone told me that Astrid was playing that way....can you confirm this??

I know she was born on 1989! and that she's one of the rising italian talent! :bounce:

This week, she's got a WC in the WTA Modena's qualies!and she won her first match against Aniko Kapros! 7/6 ret.
:worship:
Good luck for the 2nd round.

Post on that thread the max information or pics you've got on her!!

Thanks a lot!

takaja Jul 10th, 2005 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredbdx
Post on that thread the max information or pics you've got on her!!

I can't believe someone start a thread on Astrid and he isn't I! :( :eek:

But it happened, so... here are some informations about her :)

She was born in Prato, near to Florence and lives in Quarrata, a little city near to Pistoia. I think that her father is a tennis instructor and he teached her the foundation of tennis. She began to play in TC Quarrata and then in TC Selva Bassa, where Riccardo Rafanelli was her coach. She is 1.82 high and right handed. She hits the ball very hard, but someone says that "she has still to learn where the field begins and ends". Effectively she plays double handed shots from bothsides. Her dream is (predictable) to win Wimbledon. Someone says she looks like Kournikova, but i don't agree.

I know she had great results in all categories, but my best information are about this year.

U18: in the beginning of 2005 she won the G4 in Bergheim (she beat Karin Knapp in the final), then she reached semifinals in Bratislava (G2) losing against Agnieszka Radwanska, semifinals also in Umago (G1) losing against Karin Knapp, final in the French Riviera International Junior Open (G2) losing against Tamira Paszek and finally semifinals in Salsomaggiore Terme, where she was injured (she left the field crying), so she couldn't play Roland Garros. She played Wimbledon, where she lost in the second round against Ágnes Szávay.

ITF: she didn't play a lot of ITF tournaments, this year she reached 2nd round of qualies in Ortisei (75k). Last year she made 2 second round in 10k of Ancona and Valencia. Totally she played 19 matches winning 10.

In the last italian championship (december 2004) she reached quarterfinals, losing against Nathalie Vierin.

I can only add that the last december she was given a prize as one of the best young talented in Pistoia, the province where she lives (and i too :) )

Ballbasher Jul 10th, 2005 01:04 PM

She lost 6:2,6:2 against Szavay

takaja Jul 10th, 2005 01:05 PM

I read now that unfortunately Astrid lost again against Agnes 62 62 :sobbing:

takaja Jul 10th, 2005 01:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some pics :)

fredbdx Jul 10th, 2005 05:19 PM

Thanks Takaja!!

That's really noce of you to give me all that informations and pics concerning Astrid! :bounce: :worship:

you seem to be surprise that I create a thread about Astrid wheras I'm not Italian.....ut in fact I'm half french / half italian by my mum!!! ;) So ....

sad that she lost against Szavay...but she still has to learn and she was playing a very strong opponent!

Where does she play next??

HTE Jul 12th, 2005 06:00 PM

Hi,
Nice that someone made a thread for Astrid, I think she holds a lot of promise and I hope she does really well in the future :)

Here's some pics from the Modena tournaments website.

takaja Jul 12th, 2005 10:57 PM

Quote:

Where does she play next??

She had to play in Monteroni d'Arbia, but she couldn't because she had to play the 2nd round of qualies in Modena. Now I don't know. Obviously a WC in Palermo would be fantastic! ;) :D

Circoletto Jul 20th, 2005 12:21 PM

She's playng in Ancona (Italia, 10k), yesterday has passed first round beating in three sets Pinto, a germanic player.

HTE Jul 21st, 2005 09:35 AM

Astrid faces fith seed Cristina Celani today, good luck :)

takaja Jul 22nd, 2005 10:27 AM

Astrid d. Cristina 63 63 and now is in the quarterfinals against Tina Obrez

:wavey:

HTE Jul 22nd, 2005 10:41 AM

Really great for Astrid, it's only a 10K but she's doing very well :)

fredbdx Jul 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM

forzzzzzzzzza Astrid

Great pic of her double handed forhand!! ;)

HTE Jul 22nd, 2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

forzzzzzzzzza Astrid

Great pic of her double handed forhand!! ;)

yeah it is :) actually I just discovered that it's also in Takaja's post from a few weeks back, oops :o

takaja Jul 22nd, 2005 10:46 PM

Astrid lost 60 36 62 :bigcry: