TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Casey Dellacqua cheering thread - Volume 1 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=177507)

westcoast1 Jul 6th, 2005 12:25 AM

Casey Dellacqua cheering thread - Volume 1

Hello to all wta world members,

My thread is about a tennis player who I know personally. Casey is currently ranked 5th in Australia and is on the way up. Casey has been playing since she was 7 at the local tennis club and has always performed at her best.
Casey has had alot of wonderful acheivements on the tennis circuit. One of the best was winning the Junior Australian Open doubles title with Szilli. Casey was to play with TJ Welford but Tj was injured.
Casey has also had alot of sucess with Nicole Sewell, a fellow West Australia.
They combined very well together and I know Casey will miss having Nicole there.
I'm writing this because I want everyone to know that she has alots of potential. If anyone has anything they like to write about my friend, feel free to. The more people know about Casey, the more the better.
Look forward to reading your mesages. Cheers

SM Jul 6th, 2005 01:51 AM

I havent seen her play, but i have heard she has a big game and bright future.

Best of luck to your friend.

steve

broncosven Jul 6th, 2005 04:49 AM

Mate we definately know about her and definately support her rise to the top

she has awesome potiential !!

SeanyQ Jul 6th, 2005 05:48 AM

I saw her play for the 1st time in January this year on the Gold Coast.
Great groundstrokes;
Terrible fitness & serve. If she can get in shape, she's definitely a potential top 100 player!

westcoast1 Jul 6th, 2005 08:09 AM

Casey is working very hard on her fitness and her all round ground.

Her fitness coach has been working her hard and lost 5kgs so far.

SM Jul 6th, 2005 11:10 AM

give her best wishes from the guys here.

im happy she is working really hard! only good times ahead for her.

gillibean Jul 7th, 2005 02:40 AM

she's 6th in australia...but go casey anyway! :)

SeanyQ Jul 7th, 2005 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoast1
Casey is working very hard on her fitness and her all round ground.

Her fitness coach has been working her hard and lost 5kgs so far.

If this is the case, I reckon she'll go really well in the AUS challengers at the end of the year.
So we should see her in the MD of the Aus Open again this year!

westcoast1 Jul 7th, 2005 03:55 AM

I really do hope my sis does well in the Australian challengers!!

This is where she will make her mark on the tennis scene.

Is Casey does well, I'm sure Tennis Australia will look at her more and give her another chance at next years Aus Open.

petey_pan Jul 7th, 2005 10:12 AM

Casey :hug: I think we'll see a huge improvement with her this year/ next year.... she beat Jidkova in Hobart so she can definetly trouble the higher ranked players

ozfan44 Jul 7th, 2005 10:22 AM

Hey BD welcome to wtaworld!

Another Casey fan! YAY

I have seen her play many times over the years and when she is on she could easily make top 100!

Hope she is resting up now for a big end to the year!

TS Jul 9th, 2005 02:49 AM

Good luck to your sister, she's a very talented player. She's got a lot of potential, let's hope after many years of promise she can start to deliver :)

louloubelle Jul 9th, 2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoast1
Hello to all wta world members,

My thread is about a tennis player who I know personally. Casey is currently ranked 5th in Australia and is on the way up. Casey has been playing since she was 7 at the local tennis club and has always performed at her best.
Casey has had alot of wonderful acheivements on the tennis circuit. One of the best was winning the Junior Australian Open doubles title with Szilli. Casey was to play with TJ Welford but Tj was injured.
Casey has also had alot of sucess with Nicole Sewell, a fellow West Australia.
They combined very well together and I know Casey will miss having Nicole there.
I'm writing this because I want everyone to know that she has alots of potential. If anyone has anything they like to write about my friend, feel free to. The more people know about Casey, the more the better.
Look forward to reading your mesages. Cheers

Thanks for the post!

Casey seems to have the goods to be WTA standard. She is sort of following the road of the Stosurs and like when they first started out. Always perform well against the very good tour players but struggle against those ranked around them. Hopefully she gets some momentum and performs like she should at the Aussie 25K's.

Btw - not a fave of your username ;)

westcoast1 Jul 12th, 2005 03:11 AM

Casey is currently training back in perth.

I think her next lot of tournaments are Asia region but she was thinking if America. The cost may be a factor not goin to America.

Sometimes I wish I had her life. Travelling to all these places around the world.

:) :) :)

Anyone that will be supporting Casey on the Australia challenge circuit, reply to this so I know that you are.

TA

SeanyQ Jul 12th, 2005 05:45 AM

I'll see her play in either Rockhampton or Mackay (prob Mackay) in a couple of months.