TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Romania (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1026)
-   -   Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=169998)

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 02:52 AM

Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru!

Raluca-Ioana Olaru (Romania) ~ 16 yrs old

Good luck Raluca in your RG final Sunday! :D :bounce:

Olaru earned her chance at the singles title with a 4-6, 6-0, 6-2 comeback win against Ayumi Morita of Japan and said she couldn’t be more excited to be so close to a debut singles junior grand slam title. “Oh, I’m extremely excited,” she said, with a broad grin. “I knew that I could do it before the tournament but of course I was a bit tense today in my match. This is new for me, it’s my first time and everyone is congratulating me, which is really nice. I think I have to try and not think about being in the final and be confident and tell myself that I deserve to win the title.”

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/ne...le.asp?id=13309

-------------------------------------

Raluca is a very good clay-courter.

She won Astrid Bowl Charleroi, Belgian International Junior Championships last week. Made the finals the week before that at the Trofeo Bonfiglio "Campionati Internazionali D'Italia". Then made the semis before that at the International Junior Tournament "Citta' Di Santa Croce". Then before that made the finals at the Gerdau Tennis Cup. Then before that made the QF's at the Banana Bowl and a QF at the Uruguay Bowl. Then before those, she made another final at the Coffee Bowl (Copa del Cafe). All of these are on clay in 2005. This girl seriously rules the clay and has put together a 36-7 record this year! :eek:

Plus she's had impressive wins over Alize Cornet two times, Timea Bascinszky, Olivia Lukaszewicz, Evgenia Rodina, Ayumia Morita two times, and Anna Tatishvili! :bigclap:

GO RALUCA!

Ravsieg Jun 4th, 2005 02:53 AM

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!! :hearts: :worship:

!!!--Duiz™--!!! Jun 4th, 2005 06:45 AM

hopeflly she doesn't become like Douchevina..

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 06:49 AM

Raluca is also in the doubles final! :D It is played today! Good luck Raluca and Amina! :woohoo:

[8] Olaru / Rakhim vs. [3] Azarenka / Szavay

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 12:59 PM

Raluca and Amina lost 6-4 4-6 0-6. :sad: Looks like they could have won it in straight sets, but oh well. :( She still has the singles final tomorrow! :D

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 02:24 PM

I just found some photos of Raluca from her victory at the Italian Open. :)

Kutuzova Jun 4th, 2005 03:08 PM

those are actually from the italian open junior tourney

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kutuzova
those are actually from the italian open junior tourney

Thanks. :wavey: I wrote Italian Open in Cibulkova's thread, so I dunno why I wrote Astrid Bowl here. :help: :p

Btw, Raluca's next tournament after RG is the International Junior Tournament, Offenbach/Germany. She is the 2nd highest ranked entry, but her new ranking makes her the highest entry. So hopefully Raluca will get the #1 or #2 seed. It takes place from the 7th-12th of June. Good luck Raluca! :D Show more of that impressive clay form!!!!!! :woohoo:

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 08:50 PM

The Roland Garros Junior Doubles Champions and Finalists. :) Raluca is on the far left. :cool:

Good luck in the singles final Raca! :angel:

Ravsieg Jun 4th, 2005 09:01 PM

I repeat, :drool: :hearts: So damn cuteee!!!!!!

Derek. Jun 4th, 2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kirilenko#1fan~
I repeat, :drool: :hearts: So damn cuteee!!!!!!

She's got game too. :tennis:

!!!--Duiz™--!!! Jun 5th, 2005 03:08 AM

since the topic here is her looks.. she reminds me of Eleni Danilidolou

Ravsieg Jun 5th, 2005 03:21 AM

:eek: Daniilidou?? Well ok...

Derek. Jun 5th, 2005 03:29 AM

Danillidou? :eek: Again I prove my point.. :tape:

Derek. Jun 5th, 2005 01:50 PM

Back to Raca's tennis..

She lost to SzAvay Agnes 2-6 1-6. :sobbing: Hopefully Raca will learn from this and won't be too heartbroken..