TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Serbian Sensations (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=472)
-   -   Fed Cup (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=158194)

rada Mar 28th, 2005 11:44 AM

Fed Cup

Any news on the fed cup team?

Marjan Mar 28th, 2005 12:34 PM

Jelena is in the team

JELENA JANKOVIC IS GOING TO PLAY THE FED CUP FOR SCG. WHAT A GREAT HONOR TO HAVE HER. SHE IS RANKED 20 IN THE WORLD AND SHE IS JOINING THE TEAM OF GIRL WHO ARE NOT EVEN IN 300!
JELENA SHOULD BE VOTED FOR PRESIDENT! :bounce:

rada Mar 28th, 2005 12:42 PM

i didn't think jelena was playing where did u here this?

ivanovic Mar 29th, 2005 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marjan
JELENA JANKOVIC IS GOING TO PLAY THE FED CUP FOR SCG. WHAT A GREAT HONOR TO HAVE HER. SHE IS RANKED 20 IN THE WORLD AND SHE IS JOINING THE TEAM OF GIRL WHO ARE NOT EVEN IN 300!

:confused: how do you know this? :confused:

I heard that ana and jelena met in Miami and said if they received a formal offer they still might play. Something like that, the FED cup is not totally out of question. Also ana will not play tennis untill April 25 (warsaw).
So if she was invited in few weeks to play the FED cup I think she would say YES.
The Serbian organisers (who ever they are) need to start communicating, pleading and reasoning with the girls, arrange a meeting or something......
its not over yet :sad:

Anyway if JJ plays then Ana will for sure

blablabla Mar 30th, 2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanovic
:confused: how do you know this? :confused:

I heard that ana and jelena met in Miami and said if they received a formal offer they still might play. Something like that, the FED cup is not totally out of question. Also ana will not play tennis untill April 25 (warsaw).
So if she was invited in few weeks to play the FED cup I think she would say YES.
The Serbian organisers (who ever they are) need to start communicating, pleading and reasoning with the girls, arrange a meeting or something......
its not over yet :sad:

Anyway if JJ plays then Ana will for sure

If Ana's next tournament is on the 25th then the 1 match (let's be honest here...) she might have to play might even be beneficial for her competitive edge.

©@®eLess Mar 31st, 2005 08:06 AM

there was a comercial on tv for "Sport" saying Jelena J to play FED CUP!

Ana&Jelena Fan Apr 1st, 2005 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marjan

I agree. Great Jelena :worship: :worship:
Timotic, Zaric and Jovanovic will play too. Jelena for president! :kiss:

I love Ana, but Jelena deserves to be on my avatar :smoke:

blablabla Apr 1st, 2005 11:10 AM

Bulgaria is probably the favorite. Lets say Jelena wins her 2 games and that wont be easy you still wonder where the other win is coming from. doubles maybe.
50% chance to go through. 90% chance of staying in the group and avoiding relegation thanks to JJ's participation.

daniela86 Apr 1st, 2005 06:07 PM

JJ decided to play even if the federation was not correct with her:eek: :worship: great jelena :D :D :D , she really makes me proud to be a serbian:) :bounce: Plus, i'm sure she will be 200% motivated as usual! :)
Go Serbia and Jeca!! :worship: :) :aparty:

rada Apr 1st, 2005 06:11 PM

yeah i think ana is playing to:)

Joana Apr 1st, 2005 07:06 PM

There is very little chance that Ana will play, but Jecmenica said that she still hasn't lost hope and that she'll do anything possible to convince her to play. Still, it's very unlikely.
With Jelena on the team we'll almost certainly avoid relegation. I'm not sure this team is capable of more.

sundjerbob Apr 2nd, 2005 04:55 AM

@blablabla
There are two singles matchs, and one in doubles in Fed Cup.So, JJ will play one single, and probably doubles match.

blablabla Apr 2nd, 2005 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundjerbob
@blablabla
There are two singles matchs, and one in doubles in Fed Cup.So, JJ will play one single, and probably doubles match.

oh, i though it was a best of 5 not 3. doh.

Ana&Jelena Fan Apr 19th, 2005 04:53 PM

Not so good draw

Group C:
Slovenia
SCG
Denmark
Great Britain

With this girls I don`t think we can beat Slovenia with Srebotnik and Pisnik (they are excellent doubles players and Tina is better than our second player). I think we`ll win against Denmark or GB (or both) and we`ll stay in this group and next year.

If only Ana came here we would be top seeded and our chances would be better, but c`est la vie... (MY French is like Del Troter`s but English is not :o )

daniela86 Apr 19th, 2005 06:28 PM

I agree with Ana and Jelena Fan, Slovenia will be the big deal but i actually think we have a chance because Krizan/Srebotnik are not that good anymore (that's why Kata dumped Tina for Asagoe this year), Jankovic/Kremer won against them last year at Rosmalen. If Jela could win against them once, she could win twice (Moreover,Kremer isn't better than Zaric in doubles) Jelena Jankovic can be very good in single AND in doubles when she is very motivated and i'm sure she is. :D :D Go serbia and montenegro!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :aparty: :aparty: :worship: :worship:
I really really want us to qualify this year!!! :bigclap: