TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Australia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   ~Rennae Stubbs~ (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=151174)

Missing_Hingis Feb 8th, 2005 03:55 AM

~Rennae Stubbs~

She will get back the number one ranking I'm sure.
Who is with me?:).

Mr_Molik Feb 8th, 2005 04:55 AM

hopefully when lisa gets better they will take over the tour and become the number 1 team again
btw her name is spelt rennae ;)

Missing_Hingis Feb 8th, 2005 05:07 AM

Right, sorry:).

foreva lindsay Mar 28th, 2005 05:48 PM

i :hearts: rennae...she looks so pretty all dressed up in 2 pics on getty images...check them out!

Tennis_Passion Jul 31st, 2005 11:24 PM

Congrats on winning your 50th title...:).

ozfan44 Aug 1st, 2005 07:12 AM

Yay Renae

plz stick with Cara!

Postcard Jan 6th, 2006 07:48 PM

Stubbsy Comes Out

Way to go, Rennae! :hearts:

PS Stubbsy, there actually is a national Coming Out Day - 11 October!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis...387626879.html

Stubbs travels with her girlfriend of two years, a former US professional softballer, having shared a long-term relationship with her former doubles partner, Lisa Raymond.

It has only been relatively recently that Stubbs has fully embraced her sexuality, and she hopes that by speaking openly, it will help teenagers who might be grappling with gay issues.

"I always say to my friends, 'Wouldn't it be great if everybody who was gay said they were? If we said: February 21, or whatever, this is the coming out day. So, if you are, you have to come out to everybody you know'. It would be phenomenal.

"And it would be nice if everybody could just accept that it's not a choice, this is who you are. You would never, ever choose this, choose to be gay. It's such a difficult thing to deal with and coming out to people and talking about it, and coming out to your family.

"But I don't hide who I am any more. Everyone in the tennis world pretty much knows who's gay and who's not; the only reason I would like it spoken about publicly more is that I wish everybody would realise that, 'See all those people you admire? Out of 10 of them, four are gay, and I just want you to know that your child can still idolise them'."

Stubbs was 25, which is "old, in the terms of", as she puts it, when she had her first lesbian encounter, but she had long wondered, and thought "maybe". Still, it was not until more than five years later that she felt comfortable enough to be open about her lifestyle.

"I was like, 'I have to get over this, this is not a phase, this is not something to be embarrassed about, this is who I am and I'm not going to deny who I am', and I think this is the point you get to in your life.

"I'd just like to be a little bit more open about it now because I want some 16-year-old girl out there to think, 'It's OK'. All it is is somebody loving somebody."

louloubelle Jan 6th, 2006 09:45 PM

Rennae has her critics :) but her heart is in the right place. Good on her. Not sure if she has the profile in Australia to make big change but if her coming out helps someone then thats great.

Hope Lisa is OK with the article :confused: :eek:

tennis nut Jan 8th, 2006 08:00 AM

they dont appear to be friends anymore so i doubt Lisa would be ok with this latest stupid move from rennae

ozfan44 Jan 8th, 2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis nut
they dont appear to be friends anymore so i doubt Lisa would be ok with this latest stupid move from rennae

no lisa in now friends with sam! :tape:

ozfan44 Jan 8th, 2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louloubelle
Rennae has her critics :) but her heart is in the right place. Good on her. Not sure if she has the profile in Australia to make big change but if her coming out helps someone then thats great.

Hope Lisa is OK with the article :confused: :eek:

Agreed ;)

stubbsy71 Jan 11th, 2006 02:11 PM

Rennae did not "out" Lisa, but the reporter who wrote the Bulletin article did. Lisa knew the reporter was going to say Rennae and Lisa had been together and she did not ask the reporter not to include her name. She read it, and was ok with it. So I just want people to stop pointing the finger at Rennae.

stubbsy71 Jan 11th, 2006 02:17 PM

Here's that article, written over 6 months ago, Lisa really doesn't have the right to complain

ITS ALL HERE!! Bulletin - Wimbledon

louloubelle Jan 12th, 2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbsy71
Rennae did not "out" Lisa, but the reporter who wrote the Bulletin article did. Lisa knew the reporter was going to say Rennae and Lisa had been together and she did not ask the reporter not to include her name. She read it, and was ok with it. So I just want people to stop pointing the finger at Rennae.

What a great article!! I remember her match against Donna Faber in 90 when she qualified at Wimbledon. It was so close, 7-5 in the 3rd.

Don't think Rennae is that type to out someone anyway, she's says whats on her mind yes, but it's never personal or vindictive. She always has a reason for speaking out.

stubbsy71 Jan 13th, 2006 06:22 PM

Congrats to Rennae and Corina on winning Sydney 2006