TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Sprechen Sie Deuce? (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   the KATHRIN WÖRLE thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=143929)

pan Dec 16th, 2004 10:31 PM

the KATHRIN WÖRLE thread

let's talk about her! she played a very nice season this year and impressed me with some good wins. i'm curious bout how she will do next year! :D

best results in 2004:

final: 25K catania
semifinals: 50K fano, 25K istanbul
quarterfinals: 50K bergamo, 25K belfort, lenzerheide, les contamines, joue-les-tours
wins over: TIMOTIC, KORYTTSEVA, PRUSOVA, KUTI KIS, NOORLANDER, BOHMOVA, VIERIN...

Vorname:Kathrin Name: Wörle
Spitzname:Kat
Geb: 18.02.1984
Sternzeichen: Wassermann
Geb. in: Lindau
Eltern:Lothar & Ida
Geschwister: Roland, Lothar, Caroline

Schulabschluss: Abitur
Tennisprofi: Juni 2003
Schläger: Prince, Rebel
Kleidung: Topspin
Beste Ranglisten-Platzierung: WTA 218 Einzel / 188 Doppel
Bester Schlag: Rückhand
Lieblingsbelag: Hardcourt
Schönsten Tenniserlebnisse: Turnierwoche 25000$
Tennistraum: Grand Slam Hauptfeld
Hobbys: Sport, Musik
Größtes Laster: Süßigkeiten

Grachka Jun 20th, 2005 08:11 PM

No replies :o :fiery:

I saw Kathrin play in St.Petersburg in the first round against Ekaterina Makarova, and even though she lost, she instantly became one of my favourite players :drool:. She was quite funny on court, losing her rag a couple of times, and she has a great game. Unlike Makarova (:rolleyes: ) she was willing to mix it up, with strong attacking groundstrokes, as well as lovely slices, dropshots and some excellent net play. In fact, one of the main reasons she lost was that she would make mistakes at the back of the court, when if she had come into the net she would have been closer. She has great volleys and touch, so I was a bit :fiery: that she didn't do it more often. She was there all week too, not sure why though because I think she went out of the doubles early too ;)

This year has been a bit up and down though, some good wins (Grandin, Fujiwara, Ting Li) but I thought it might have been better :( Has done Ok in GS qualifying, reaching the second round of Qs in RG and Wimbledon, losing 6-8 to Kandarr at the latter :bigcry:.

Get it together Kathrin and have a great second half to the year :D

pan Jan 13th, 2006 08:49 AM

with two impressive wins over KREMER and POUTCHEK KATHRIN got another grand slam-final-q-round! :)
RODIONOVA is next opponent - best of luck, KATHRIN! :)

Grachka Jan 13th, 2006 10:42 AM

Kathrin :bounce: :woohoo:

Nice win against Poutchek, and good luck against Rodionova, you'll need it :scared:

matthias Jan 13th, 2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Tennistraum: Grand Slam Hauptfeld

nur noch ein sieg und ihr traum wird war :)

pan Jan 14th, 2006 11:33 AM

traum wird wahr!!! dreisatzsieg über RODIONOVA und mit GRANVILLE gar nicht mal so schweres los im hauptfeld!!! glückwunsch, KATHRIN!!! :banana:

Coetzer Fan Jan 14th, 2006 11:38 AM

wow 3 überraschende siege. :worship: :eek: :D

Grachka Jan 14th, 2006 12:27 PM

Kathrin :banana:

She has a good chance against Granville too :) Good luck my favourite German, dishevelled-looking, student-esque tennis player! ;)

matthias Jan 14th, 2006 12:38 PM

Glückwunsch

Grachka Jan 16th, 2006 02:52 AM

Kathrin leads Granville 7-5 1-3*

Close match though.

pan Jan 16th, 2006 06:11 AM

she lost! :(

pan Apr 5th, 2006 05:31 PM

nice win for KATHRIN in 75k-dinan's first round, defeats KREMER 63 26 64. could push her to a new career-high! :)

matthias Apr 5th, 2006 05:37 PM

to beat Kremer is really good imo
i hope she will play a good clay-season

Grachka Apr 5th, 2006 05:44 PM

Kathrin :bounce:

Who does she play next?

pan Apr 7th, 2006 04:40 PM

2nd round: SHVEDOVA - WÖRLE 75 61 :o :sad: