TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Angry Serena Refutes Hoax Interview (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=143486)

tennisIlove09 Dec 12th, 2004 03:47 AM

Angry Serena Refutes Hoax Interview

C.Lum/************** By Tennis Week
12/08/2004

Serena Williams came out swinging today, angrily refuting a hoax "interview" that has been circulating
the Internet. The interview contains controversial comments it falsely attributes to Williams.

The "interview", which Williams repeatedly refuted as a hoax, quotes the six-time Grand Slam champion as saying she would not date black men. The "interview" attributes other disparaging remarks about black men to Williams comments she vehemently denies.

Since the interview was sent out over the Internet it has generated calls to radio stations and email from readers questioning whether Williams really made such statements.

This morning, an irate Williams called New York radio station WBLS to set the record straight and make it clear she never made such remarks.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," Williams said. "I would never, ever under any circumstances, be so disrespectful. Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being."

The former No. 1 said she's intent on finding the source of the hoax and taking legal action against those involved.

"I want to find out who is behind this and have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Williams said. "I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."

WBLS plans to rebroadcast the Serena Williams phone call to the station at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.

icequeen Dec 12th, 2004 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisIlove09

C.Lum/************** By Tennis Week
12/08/2004

Serena Williams came out swinging today, angrily refuting a hoax "interview" that has been circulating
the Internet. The interview contains controversial comments it falsely attributes to Williams.

The "interview", which Williams repeatedly refuted as a hoax, quotes the six-time Grand Slam champion as saying she would not date black men. The "interview" attributes other disparaging remarks about black men to Williams comments she vehemently denies.

Since the interview was sent out over the Internet it has generated calls to radio stations and email from readers questioning whether Williams really made such statements.

This morning, an irate Williams called New York radio station WBLS to set the record straight and make it clear she never made such remarks.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," Williams said. "I would never, ever under any circumstances, be so disrespectful. Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being."

The former No. 1 said she's intent on finding the source of the hoax and taking legal action against those involved.

"I want to find out who is behind this and have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Williams said. "I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."

WBLS plans to rebroadcast the Serena Williams phone call to the station at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.

Old news bud.

Jakeev Dec 12th, 2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icequeen
Old news bud.

Yeah so? maybe some of us have not heard about this.

jenny161185 Dec 12th, 2004 05:07 PM

I hadnt heard about this - poor Serena - hope they find whoever wrote it

Geisha Dec 12th, 2004 05:17 PM

Poor Rena!! Get better, girly...

icequeen Dec 12th, 2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakeev
Yeah so? maybe some of us have not heard about this.

I doubt that.

starr Dec 12th, 2004 08:58 PM

When I first read this in the news, I thought, "It was probably one of those made up interviews on WTA World." :lol:

Jakeev Dec 18th, 2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icequeen
I doubt that.

I guess idiot spelled backwards is icequeen..........

harloo Dec 18th, 2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starr
When I first read this in the news, I thought, "It was probably one of those made up interviews on WTA World." :lol:

I thought someone here did it also.:eek: :tape: