TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   More Japanese magazine covers!! (updated!) (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=127698)

Greenout Aug 9th, 2004 04:34 AM

More Japanese magazine covers!! (updated!)

Here's a present from a Philistine. Enjoy!

This must be some sort of new record.
She's on every tennis magazine cover! :lol:

!!!--Duiz™--!!! Aug 9th, 2004 04:45 AM

The first one looks fun...

Lemonskin. Aug 9th, 2004 07:46 AM

She looks so pretty...

...well, the second one is slightly scary, but its our Masha :p

Marcova Aug 9th, 2004 09:18 AM

Yes, but she looks very American, with a staged expression. It could be humourous. Japanese are generally theatrical or impassive.
Also, I'm not sure what thecolour red signifies in Japan. I'm sure that in China it still means "PROSTITUTE" on a woman. White is a very safe colour for tennis, and it suits her buy I can also understand why women want to move away from it.

Both Japanese and Chinese would love to see a women from their country win at tennis, especially when tennis is a modern version of the gladitorial contest and women have such a strong tradition in sword play in both countries.

Greenout Aug 9th, 2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcova
Yes, but she looks very American, with a staged expression. It could be humourous. Japanese are generally theatrical or impassive.
Also, I'm not sure what thecolour red signifies in Japan. I'm sure that in China it still means "PROSTITUTE" on a woman. White is a very safe colour for tennis, and it suits her buy I can also understand why women want to move away from it.

Both Japanese and Chinese would love to see a women from their country win at tennis, especially when tennis is a modern version of the gladitorial contest and women have such a strong tradition in sword play in both countries.

:haha:

Sorry, but the colour red in China and Japan signifies "Good Fortune",
"Success", and "prosperity"!

Frank Aug 9th, 2004 12:59 PM

Check out the second one! :eek:
That's scary...:p

sharapovarulz1 Aug 11th, 2004 11:47 PM

Really nice pics Greenout!!!

Marcova Aug 12th, 2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenout
:haha:

Sorry, but the colour red in China and Japan signifies "Good Fortune",
"Success", and "prosperity"!

Whoever told you that was just being polite.
I repeat, I'm not certain about Japan, but China used to be very different.

Andy Mac Aug 12th, 2004 06:25 PM

lol yea the 2nd one is a scary pic!

the cat Aug 15th, 2004 04:46 PM

Excellent covers of Maria Sharapova and Maria Kirilenko. :D ;) The first cover is of Maria Kirielnko and not Maria Sharapova. I am 99% sure of this. Little Masha wore that red Nike outfit alot. I can't remember Big Masha wearing it. That's more Masha K's profile than it is Masha S's profile. And at the bottom of the racquet handle I can see the beginning's of the Yonex symbol and Little Masha plays with a Yonex racquet while Big Masha plyas with a Prince racquet.

lemon and Frank, why is the second cover scary? The Siberian Tigress Maria Sharapova is just showing that she is ready to maul her prey! :eek: :mad: :bounce: And I like that. ;)

Edward. Aug 15th, 2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cat
Excellent covers of Maria Sharapova and Maria kirilenko. :D ;) The first cover is of Maria Kirielnko and not Maria Sharapova. I am 99% sure of this. Little Masha wore that red Nike outfit alot. I can't remember Big Masha wearing it. That's more Masha K's profile than it is Masha S's profile. And at the bottom of the racquet handle I can see the beginning's of the Yonex symbol and Little Masha plays with a Yonex racquet while Big Masha plyas with a Prince racquet.

Yep, now you mention it, that is Kirilenko. I never even noticed at first. The late nights are taking their toll on me! :smash: ;)

sharapovarulz1 Aug 17th, 2004 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Mac
lol yea the 2nd one is a scary pic!

lol it does look ;) a licle scary but she does look cute on it!!

Edward. Aug 17th, 2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenout

"So the GM think they can mess with me huh?!?!?"

Greenout Aug 27th, 2004 11:55 AM

Still waiting for those Olympic Justine covers. :lol:
I thought you might enjoy these Japanese mags

October 2004
SMASH magazine

Maria Mania- article from SMASH

Oct 2004
TENNIS magazine

Edward. Aug 27th, 2004 12:24 PM

I would love to see that last cover full size.