TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Caroline Wozniacki (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1228)
-   -   Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=127509)

HTE Aug 7th, 2004 11:14 PM

Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread

This to celebrate that the very promising Danish talent Caroline Wozniacki won her first Danish senior championship today, the youngest ever player to do so.

Go Caroline and congratulations on your first title!

This picture is an older one, but it was the best I had as no pictures from the Danish Championships have appeared yet.

HTE Aug 10th, 2004 06:21 PM

Very small pics from the Danish Championships

just a few pics of Caroline winning her first senior championships.

Kutuzova Aug 10th, 2004 08:20 PM

Great Job Caroline!
She seems to have some talent from some of her results

HTE Sep 4th, 2004 10:15 PM

Caroline's results from the Danish team finals

Caroline's Klub "Farum" played the Danish Team Championships in late August here are the results involving Caroline.

Semi final:KB - Farum: 5-1
1. Ladies' single: Karina I. Jacobsgaard - Caroline Wozniacki: 6-1 7-5
Ladies' double: I. Jacobsgaard/ Faurfelt - Wozniacki/ Rasmussen: Not played as KB had already won the match

Bronze final: B 93 - Farum: 5-2
1. Ladies' single: Andrea Hermansen - Caroline Wozniacki: 0-6 5-7
Ladies' double: Hermansen/ Larsen - Wozniacki/ Rasmussen: 6-3 7-5

only photo from the team championship I've found so far, from the doubles' bronze medal match.

--------------------
And finally this great little Caro photo that I found recently.

Kutuzova Sep 5th, 2004 01:07 PM

She just qualified for the US Open Junior Championships winning both matches in straight sets

1st rd. vs. Maria Fernanda Alvarez

HTE Sep 5th, 2004 04:56 PM

Great news!
According to the US Open website Caro will play Lindsay Burdette, USA in round one.

In the girl's doubles Caro will partner Tamira Paszek of Austria to take on Mircic/ Molinero SCG/ARG.

Anyone know where to find the results of the qualifying rounds?

Ravsieg Sep 13th, 2004 02:48 PM

She lost to Burdette in 3 sets. :sad: I was following the match interestingly on the live scoreboard.

Caroline is still very young, she did great for her age and she'll be getting better for sure!! GO CAROLINE! :D

HTE Sep 13th, 2004 04:50 PM

Yeah Caro lost both her first round matches, especially against Burdette it was a great shame since she was in control of the first set and might as well have won it, but as you say she is very young and inexperienced at that level so surely we'll see her get a lot further soon.

Here are four nice shots of Caroline at the Open:

Ravsieg Sep 13th, 2004 07:16 PM

Thanks for the shots! :D

Wow, she plays with a lot of intensity! I wasn't aware of that before!

Ravsieg Sep 14th, 2004 04:00 AM

I just noticed, on the below 2 pics she's wearing the same dress as Kirilenko wore on this US Open. Interesting :)

HTE Sep 14th, 2004 04:51 PM

Yeah that's nice, Maria K holds great promise too, hopefully her and Caro will soon be among the top players on the tour, though Maria most likely somewhat ealier than Caroline :)

Ravsieg Sep 14th, 2004 11:32 PM

Yeah I really hope so too :), they're the only 2 promising youngsters I'm looking forward to see on top, and I like them both a lot! :worship:

Maria holds a 3 year advantage over Caroline, that means she'll probably have her breakthrough earlier. But judging from what both of them have done until now, I'd say both of them have many chances to be on top somewhen! :bounce:

HTE Sep 16th, 2004 05:23 PM

Kentucky International

This week Caroline is competing at the G1 Kentucky International junior event.
In the first round she defeated Jennifer Lee Heinser of the USA 6-1 6-2,
a, at least on paper much tougher opponent awaits in the second round where Caro faces 2nd seed Olga Govortsova of Belarus.

In the doubles competion Caroline is playing along side Aleksandra Wozniack of Canada :D and so far the 5th seeded pairing are doing well.

After a bye in the first round they won their second round match against Tania Rice/Ekaterina Shulaeva of Canada 6-1, 6-4. They will now face Buzarnescu/Erakovic seeded four.

HTE Sep 16th, 2004 08:27 PM

Caro lost her second round match in Kentucky 6-4; 6-1 to Olga Govortsova :(
Hopefully she will have more luck in the doubles...

Ravsieg Sep 16th, 2004 11:06 PM

:cry: What a pity she lost right away...

But still if Govortsova is a #2 seed that means she's a high favorite for the tournament so Caroline had bad luck... :( Better days will come!

Good luck for doubles Caroline and Aleksandra!