TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Dementieva's Gardens of Edem (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Amelia Island (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=109105)

Sharapova's_Boy Apr 4th, 2004 12:56 AM

Amelia Island

Udachi Alyona, defend your title :D :yeah:

Her draw:

1r - bye
2r - Weingartner / Kostanic
3r - Farina Elia / Likhovtseva / Granville
QF - Mauresmo / Pistolesi
SF - Henin-Hardenne / Zvonareva / Schnyder

Sharapova's_Boy Apr 4th, 2004 12:57 AM

Fairly good draw, untill the Quarters where Mauresmo will give her trouble.
Let's hope for another Alyona/Juju semi, and another Alyona win :D :yeah:

moo_ont Apr 4th, 2004 03:30 AM

I hope Elena will win as well. First of all, take one match at a time. Elena seems a bit tired, so not sure if she will play well. But, we all always believe in her, right? :yeah:

LuckyStrike Apr 4th, 2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moo_ont
I hope Elena will win as well. First of all, take one match at a time. Elena seems a bit tired, so not sure if she will play well. But, we all always believe in her, right? :yeah:

The seeding is quite good for her. She will rest a day and start with new motivation to defend her title. Come on, Lena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

DEETHELICK Apr 4th, 2004 10:58 AM

Its not too bad. Mauresmo is coming back from injury, so she may not be a top form (plus Smashnova could drive her mad), so Elena could be quite lucky and make it far. OTOH she could be tired and slip.

But I feel she will be motivated, this is her 1st title and I'm sure she wants to do well.

Good luck Elena :D

Jackson. Apr 4th, 2004 11:19 AM

Good luck Elena :D
You can do it :kiss:

moo_ont Apr 4th, 2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montoyafan11
The seeding is quite good for her. She will rest a day and start with new motivation to defend her title. Come on, Lena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Yeah, Elena is so proud of AI title. She always says the title changes many things in her career.

I am sure now she has motivation on improving her serve and her game. She should know by now she could play with Serena equally only if she fixed that serve. I look at her bad loss in a positive way. If she had won over Serena or lost in 3 tough setters, she would have thought working on serve isn't important anymore. What she has is enough to be a champion. Now, she realizes what she needs to do. And, I am sure Olga can help her. Elena seems to respect Olga a lot. And, most importantly, she believes in her coach which is very important. I think she is on the right direction to be a better player.

Mathijs Apr 4th, 2004 03:09 PM

Go Lena at AI you can defend your title :D

Sharapova's_Boy Apr 5th, 2004 12:34 AM

Good news, Alyona isn't playing doubles this week. ;)

This will give her some more time to rest, and more time to concentrate on winning another title ;) :D

daniela86 Apr 5th, 2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmie's_Boy
Good news, Alyona isn't playing doubles this week. ;)

This will give her some more time to rest, and more time to concentrate on winning another title ;) :D

I agree! :hearts: :hearts:

moo_ont Apr 5th, 2004 01:37 PM

Yeah! I agree. Elena cannot play 2 matches a day. It's too much. AI is a one-week tournament. If she played both doubles and sigles, she would run out of gas in the important match like Nasdaq 100. It's a wise decision.

Mathijs Apr 5th, 2004 03:01 PM

that's a good decision, all focus on her titledefence :)

moo_ont Apr 7th, 2004 01:42 AM

Elena will play Kostanic tomorrow. It's not gonna be that easy cuz Kostanic has played some matches here already. Elena needs to get used to the surface. However, I believe she can do it. This tournament is her good memory. She will do her best. Good luck, Elena. :kiss:

Mathijs Apr 7th, 2004 10:54 AM

A Fave against a Fave.... :sad: but i will be cheering for Lena cuz she has to defend the title. Let's take the first steps onto your title defense :bounce: GO Lena!! :yeah:

LuckyStrike Apr 7th, 2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernlight
A Fave against a Fave.... :sad: but i will be cheering for Lena cuz she has to defend the title. Let's take the first steps onto your title defense :bounce: GO Lena!! :yeah:

Yeah,Go Lena!!!!!
5:4 Kostanic, but she will win this set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!