TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   PAW (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   PAW Player gets DEFAULTED for "Deleting a Pick" (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=103615)

SpikeyAidanm Feb 19th, 2004 08:10 AM

PAW Player gets DEFAULTED for "Deleting a Pick"

This thread is not intended to blame the PAW player whose name will not be mentioned who has been defaulted from a PAW tournament occurring this week. But it is to serve a reminder that DELETING PICKS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

In the past some players have tried to do this to "cheat," seeming that the organisers was not online that they will get off scot-free. Well this is not the case in the rules and there is a statement:

Players that decide to delete their PAWS will suffer a penalty of being defaulted from that particular tournament (the only exception is for players playing their first tournament). Players that commit this act twice are subject for a three month banning from the game.

Apparently this player was quoted saying to me that "players do it all the time." Well such an act will not be tolerated by the PAW managers and for all the players. It is extremely vital to maintain the integity of PAW.

Cheers.

Buitenzorg Feb 19th, 2004 08:26 AM

I'm 100% agree and support you spikey :)

Btw, Happy B'Day...forget to wishing you a Happy B'Day yesterday ;)

For people whose deleting their PAW...absolutely UNacceptable, Not mentioned that they trying to cheat, but just not fair for everyone who play this game fairly :)

You earn what you did/pick :) within the deadline

SpikeyAidanm Feb 19th, 2004 08:27 AM

Thanks Buitenzorg.

I'm sure players will be happy to see such a "warning thread" come up, which may deter players who may ponder committing this act.

Buitenzorg Feb 19th, 2004 08:31 AM

Excatly ;)

SpikeyAidanm Feb 19th, 2004 08:33 AM

It is also interesting to note that original runner of this game - Simon was recently commenting on how "deleting picks" were of most concern to him when running tournaments, he really had no control over this, maybe one of the reasons he left running the game.

bbypk Feb 19th, 2004 08:45 AM

:kiss: :hearts: WE loved Simon... :hearts: :kiss:

matthias Feb 19th, 2004 10:37 AM

good decision, i support you 100% too

SpikeyAidanm Feb 19th, 2004 10:37 AM

Yes, unfortunately Simon will not be able to rerun the game for the now. He has said he is busy but is happy with the job I have done for the game...

He also said he might play one of the tournaments and see how he goes.

SpikeyAidanm Feb 19th, 2004 10:38 AM

Thanks matthias, support is important.

butch Feb 19th, 2004 02:28 PM

I find it surprising that someone will do such a thing and expect it to be OK with the rest of the players. The lenghts some ppl will go to to win.......

SpikeyAidanm Feb 20th, 2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butch
The lenghts some ppl will go to to win.......

Well on a positive side, it's great to see players playing with so much emotion on their PAW's, that is great to see. As long as they don't break the "boundaries," it's fine.

bionic71 Feb 20th, 2004 04:55 AM

:shrug: Why you would bother deleting a pick in the first place is beyond me........

its a bloody game and meant to be fun. There are no prizes!

As far as I'm concerned......if you cheat you should be removed from the game permanently.

nitsansh Feb 20th, 2004 09:45 PM

Spikey

how do you manage to track deleted posts??

SpikeyAidanm Feb 20th, 2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitsansh
Spikey

how do you manage to track deleted posts??

Not set way, I just remember looking at PAW Memphis thread and seeing this player's pick, and then the next day when I checked it was gone.

That's why it's so hard to track them down and so the people who did must be punished accordingly.

Lee-Waters' Boy Mar 9th, 2004 11:24 PM

moderators can see posts that are deleted..or at least i know alek can for fwtt..maybe you can find someone willing to be on the look out for you for deleted posts