TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Japan (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1689)
-   -   Akiko Morigami Thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=101984)

Bероника Feb 4th, 2004 04:03 PM

Akiko Morigami Thread

I'm very much interested in the evolution of rising japanese tennis player Akiko Morigami. Probably because she hits with both hands both sides like my all-time favourite Monica Seles,and like myself.

So this is her own thread.I think she deserves it.:D

Akiko is competing in the Tokyo tourney this week.Here is her first round result:

Akiko Morigami (JPN) d. Shinobu Asagoe (JPN) 64 76(5)

Way to go,Akiko!!!! :bounce:

blerr Feb 8th, 2004 05:59 AM

Awesome! I'm So Happy You Made A Thread For Her! She's MY fave. Player! She's Awesome!:):)

Bероника Feb 8th, 2004 06:35 PM

Oh wonderful another Akiko fan.Have you ever seen her play live or something?

Bероника Feb 8th, 2004 06:47 PM

Akiko in action:

Scott Storm Feb 9th, 2004 03:47 AM

I am also a big fan of akko, I met her at the aussie open and she is a lovely girl!
I got to meet her mother and her manager type guy, it was a wicked experience and they gave me free tickets to the night matches for cheering her on.
Go to www.akiko-morigami.com and post a message for her and tell them that eoin sent you.

blerr Feb 9th, 2004 05:59 AM

I dont speak Japanese and can't post one!! I'm jealous of you as well Scott! YOU met her and saw her live! I'm very very very JEALOUS!

Libertango Feb 9th, 2004 09:23 AM

Aww what great pics!! I saw Akiko live last year at Wimbledon in her win over Tammy. I actually went intending to cheer Tammy on, esp. as she has such a great record there, but came away a BIG Akiko fan! :lol: :p. She is so interesting to watch, and she seems a really fun, sweet person. Seems like she's had a nice start to the year, lets hope she keeps it up! :kiss:

Bероника Feb 9th, 2004 12:06 PM

I don't speak japanese either.Is her website only in that language?

Veritas Feb 9th, 2004 12:58 PM

Thanks for the pics! Akiko looks great :)

Veronika - I haven't visited Akiko's site yet, but she's lived in the US for a few years, so I think there's a good chance that English would be available on her webpage.

blerr Feb 9th, 2004 01:49 PM

i couldn't get it then......:(

Scott Storm Feb 10th, 2004 01:42 AM

No, the website is only in japanese. I don't speak it either but I have successfully posted on it 3 times. yet every time I try it takes me atleast ten minutes.

Scott Storm Feb 10th, 2004 02:09 AM

I just posted again and it was pretty easy, I put my name in the first box, my email in the second box, I left the third one blank and then pressed the larger button twice.
I gave this site a mention and I'm sure team akko would appreciate knowing about the growing fanbase akiko is gaining all over the world.

blerr Feb 10th, 2004 03:47 AM

Awesome....it's very much appreciated!

Rising Sun Feb 10th, 2004 03:50 PM

Akiko should be playing Memphis next. Good luck to her. :cool:

blerr Feb 14th, 2004 12:27 AM

Yah! Kick Some Ass Akiko!!:d