Tennis Forum banner

Allez Aravane en 2013!!!

17K views 214 replies 26 participants last post by  No.Brains.Atoll 
#1 ·
Since we did not have a thread for 2013,I opened one ;)

So do we know where she will start playing her 2013 season? Last news I read about her she was at Mouratoglou camp in Mauritius with some other well known players as Serena.

#14 ·
Aravane's Q draw for Paris this week-end:

(3)Anna Tatishvili (GEO) v Maria Elena Camerin (ITA)
Monica Puig (PUR) v Heidi El Tabakh (CAN)
Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA) v Aravane Rezai (FRA)
Stefanie Voegele (SUI) v (8)Mandy Minella (LUX)

Stéphanie is on good form lately :sad: still hope she can do something... Allez! :cheer:

#19 ·
1 set all, Aravane looks pretty good considering it's her first match of 2013. The other girl is serving lights out, with 11 aces through 2 sets. Hard to find break opportunities against that, but Aravane's managed to break her 3 times. She did get broken in the first game of the third set, however, so we'll see if she can claw back from that. Allez!

#20 ·
Sadly, Aravane lost 1-6 in the third. 4-6, 6-3, 1-6 to Foretz Gacon. Not a bad loss, though, considering she hadn't played in many months and was coming off a hip injury, AND her opponent served 16 aces with only 2DF. Hard to find many opportunities when your opponent is getting that many free points. But Aravane served almost as many aces as doubles (6 to 8, I think) and around 60% 1st serves for the match, so it wasn't a bad day for her in her return. A nice three set fight against a hot serving opponent is a good start to her 2013 campaign, and something to build on for the next tourney. :)

#26 · (Edited)
I dunno if it means anything, but her site doesn't appear to have any news or posts on it. I don't know if it is working for anybody else at the moment, but I haven't been able to see anything there for the past several days. Not sure what to make of it. One of the regular posters there told me a few days ago that she may have other priorities in her life at the moment. Whatever is going on--health, personal, etc., I hope she is at least happy and fulfilled and living the life she wants to live. She is incredibly talented and powerful undeniably exciting to watch, and at her best she has the ability to beat anybody, and I sincerely hope this is not the last we see of her on the court. But if it's not meant for her to play tennis, then let's hope she can find happiness and success in other pursuits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.