Tennis Forum banner

All Other Romanian Girls Thread

131K views 1K replies 41 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 ·
Other Romanians to look out for - Ungur, Buzarnescu, Andrei, Damaschin

Instead of posting a new cheering thread for each Romanian, we'll keep track of them all here until they do enough to earn their own thread (something I don't feel Dabija or Begu has done yet, but to each his own).

#3 ·
Re: Other Romanians to look out for - Ungur, Dulgheru, Buzarnescu, Andrei, Damaschin

I know you go to some Romanian tournaments, have you ever seen Ungur or Damaschin play? I know Ungur is the highest ranked out of this group and seems to be well-liked but I haven't really seen her win too many matches. I'll have to go see what exactly is keeping her ranking so high.

#4 ·
Re: Other Romanians to look out for - Ungur, Dulgheru, Buzarnescu, Andrei, Damaschin

Besides the one you mention, I am also following Cristina Mitu, Ana si Elena Bogdan, for the 15-16 years old I am following Cristina Dinu, Ilinca Stoica, Larisa Sporea si Ingrid Radu and for the very young ones it seems that Ilka Csoregi (13 years old) is strong.

#5 ·

I don't know much about them, but Dulgheru is currently in the semis of 75K Monzon as a qualifier:eek:

#7 ·

I saw some matches of Andrei this week in Torhout. She played great tennis. Kutuzova was just too strong for her and she didn't play the same level like her other matches. If she can keep this, i'm sure she will do it well on the ranking.

#9 ·

Dulgheru's Rank:
238(325) :eek::bigclap::worship:
Andrei's Rank:
317(406) :eek::clap2::bowdown:

#10 ·

Dulgheru showing no signs of stopping, reaching the QF of $25K Bari as a qualifier.

Q2: (1)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) d. Neda Kozic (SRB) 61 61
Q3: (1)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) d. (16)Anna Smith (GBR) 60 60
R1: (Q)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) d. (7)Anne Schaefer (GER) 61 60
R2: (Q)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) d. Anna Floris (ITA) 60 60

Three games lost in four matches. :bolt:

#12 · (Edited)

Dulgheru's current form is insane, she seems to be doing so well. I saw her junior wimbledon doubles finals match & she wasn't that impressive. Maybe she has really improved since then.

#16 ·

What is happening? Has anyone seen her play recently, or in Bari this week? There is no video with on Utube. Alexandra, you are totally :fiery::fiery:. :worship::worship: Now, with these wins she'll make it to Roland Garros qualies, no?? Just incredible, when confidence is there what a difference it makes!

#17 ·

Yea, I really want to see her play and see how much she has improved !

#23 ·

Buzarnescu and Damaschin are on a totally other level atm than the other 3 I think.
Well, Mihaela beat Julia Schruff and that's about the only thing she has done in a year or so.
Damaschin has only been a mediocre 10k player so far :unsure:

But hopefully they can rise out of the nothing like Begu did a few months ago and like Dulgheru and Andrei did as of late :yeah:

#24 ·

Dulgheru and Ungur both in Estoril while Buzarnescu and Damaschin have received wild cards into the $100K Bucharest tournament.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.