Tennis Forum banner

Vika-Na AO Final Bigger Than Olympic Ceremony

3K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Boxuan 
#1 ·
CCTV-1,CCTV-5,CCTV-7,CCTV-13,CCTV-T&G will show it live, and cntv.com, youku.com, letv.com, sina.com, sohu.com, qq.com, ifeng.com, etc. numberous websites will show it live.:)

More than 250 million chinese mainlanders expected to watch at the same time:eek:

Good for Vika especially,she will be famous here after tomorrow:lol::lol:

And I guess if Li Na wins,we will be bombarded by replays againa and again:lol:

#2 ·
CCTV-1,CCTV-5,CCTV-7,CCTV-13,CCTV-T&G will show it live, and cntv.com, youku.com, letv.com, sina.com, sohu.com, qq.com, ifeng.com, etc. numberous websites will show it live.:)

More than 250 million chinese mainlanders expected to watch at the same time:eek:

Good for Vika especially,she will be famous here after tomorrow:lol::lol:

#3 ·
You're always trying to make it seem like a Na Li match is the biggest media event in China :lol:

Tennis is still not particularly popular in China and most Chinese people I have spoken to don't particular care about it or know too much about Li Na's career. I'm sure she is a very well known sports person. But come on now.

#12 ·
Problem is that is only happening because Li Na is in the final, the true test of a sports popularity is getting people to watch it even when their is no 'home' player involved.

#16 ·
Last time during RG11 final, more than 100 million Chinese tennis illiterates found Sodium's opponent have a very strange grunt (Ah-Hee:oh:), I'm sure this time people will have a lot new to find out.:lol:

I'll have to ditch CCTV this time. Last time the commentators had to use half of time to explain basic tennis rules (ie: Why a point shows 15 not 1? What's a tiebreak? etc) on people's demand. :facepalm:

#17 ·
Last time during RG11 final, more than 100 million Chinese tennis illiterates found Sodium's opponent have a very strange grunt (Ah-Hee:oh:), I'm sure this time people will have a lot new to find out.:lol:

I'll have to ditch CCTV this time. Last time the commentators had to use half of time to explain basic tennis rules (ie: Why a point shows 15 not 1? What's a tiebreak? etc) on people's demand. :facepalm:
:haha:

#21 ·
Lol why do you think they gave Li na a cake draw apart from Sharapova to the semis? All business and ratings now, no fairness anymore. Instead they turn on a young Belarusian talent for taking a 10 minutes timeout injury without proof of anything. Yep all business, ratings and manipulation.

#22 ·
Lol why do you think they gave Li na a cake draw apart from Sharapova to the semis? All business and ratings now, no fairness anymore. Instead they turn on a young Belarusian talent for taking a 10 minutes timeout injury without proof of anything. Yep all business, ratings and manipulation.

So before the final, Vika beat 6 players with pre-AO ranking:
Niculescu: 54
Daniilidou: 94
Hampton: 64
Vesnina: 68
Kuznetsova: 85 (she's far better than her ranking tho)
Stephens: 29

Na beat:
Karatantcheva: 111
Govortsova: 57
Cîrstea: 27
Görges: 18
Radwańska: 4
Sharapova: 2

Now you're saying Na is the one who gets a cakewalk draw?:confused::help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.