Tennis Forum banner

Lesley Kerkhove

60K views 476 replies 43 participants last post by  selesmartinez 
#1 ·
:wavey:

Hello! I finally remembered the name of this player I saw in the Orange Bowl last year :lol: :spit:

Her name is Lesley Kerkhove. I was pretty impressed from what I saw. Big groundstrokes and a big serve. Needs a bit of consistency. I don't really know what potential she has but didn't see a cheering thread for her so here it is! :hearts:

More pics here:

http://www.lesleykerkhove.nl/

See less See more
#2 ·
As you can see on her site, she's rubbed elbows with many in the tennis world. (Mostly in Dutch tennis circles)

Few LESLEY KERKHOVE notes:

- Made a good impression on Dutch #1 Michaella Krajicek.

- Admires Roger Federer of ATP Tour.

- Admires Ana Ivanovic of WTA Tour.

My portion of introducing her can only go as far as words on your screen.

Those budding fans out there of Lesley must delve onto her website and browse the albums, agendas, photos, videos, etc.

Might I recommend viewing this. (Will certainly draw interest from Russian parties with such music :dance:)

#5 ·
Lesley won 6-3, 6-1 against Jade Curtis, now in 3rd round against Pavlyuchenkova.

#11 ·
She was watching Rus' first round match at AO juniors. I really thought she was older than 16 already - I've seen her name around a bit. Nice to see she's doing well though - god knows, NL need some up and coming players (on both sides of tennis). ;)

#15 ·
Lesley has the same ITF ranking as Arantxa had this time last year and Lesley is one year younger. Hope she can progress this year like Arantxa did last year.
Last time I saw Lesley play was in 2005, at age 13. She was a smart player then. But what I understand from the match reports in Australia she has developed her game and is now quite a big hitter. Smart and big hitter sounds promising. She's one of the few Dutch junior players who gives 100% for tennis.

#19 ·
Lesley doet deze week mee in Geldrop met een Henk Timmer toernooi:

1e r. L. Kerkhove (7) - J. Schoelink (Q) 6-2, 6-1
2e r. L. Kerkhove (7) - P. Burgmans (LL) 6-3, 6-0
kwart L. Kerkhove (7) - K. Bertens (3) 6-3, 6-4
halve L. Kerkhove (7) - L. van Riet (6) 6-3, 6-3 (van Riet versloeg Danielle Harmsen in de kwartfinale)

De finale wordt vanmiddag gespeeld tegen Quirine Lemoine (5)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.