Tennis Forum banner

Timea Bacsinszky

352K views 4K replies 200 participants last post by  battista 
#1 ·
Timea is a very talented 14 year-old Swiss. You can see a thread that was posted about her on GM http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?=82153

She's playing in the qualifying of a 10K in London this week. Good Luck!!!

#4 ·
Try not to take to much interest in what Azza says, I got over trying to comprehend preteens along time ago.

Timea Bacinzky is a young swiss player, and Have seen her play in u15 tournaments in Zurich, and Bern. They are a apparent Jewish family. She has a good all round game, good serve, Very Good Forehand and back hand good aswell. Good all round power game. She does show a good net game aswell. Inconsistency is probably her letdown, but when you have 14 year old girls, I geuss thats something within their game, shell learn to harness it eventually.

#5 ·
timea is a very promising player looking at some of the things she has done so far.

#6 ·
Watching her play I think she is like Martina, in a lot of ways, but with more power. She has worked with Molitor apparently also. She does all those sneeky things in the warm up Martina does as well LOL

#7 ·
dava_russianrule said:
Watching her play I think she is like Martina, in a lot of ways, but with more power. She has worked with Molitor apparently also. She does all those sneeky things in the warm up Martina does as well LOL
She still is.

#8 ·
Oh very good.

#9 ·
Melanie is her fulltime coach now?

#10 ·
I could ring Heinz and ask, (BigWig at Swiss Tennis Foundation)
I have no idea if it's full time, maybe its only part-time coaching or something. I will ring though.

#11 ·
Her Dad is her full time coach.

#12 · (Edited)
Igor Bacsinsky (Father) is her full time coach, though has had coaching by Melanie Molitor.

2003 # 4 ETA G14
2003 # 27 ITF G18 Dbles
2003 # 36 ITF G18 Sgles
2002 # 60 ITF Sgles
2002 # 3 ETA 14U

All Photos from juniortennis(dot)com
photos produced by Barbara Carr

Attachments

#14 ·
Look shes good, and that thread was started by me, just saying how good she was ;)

#22 ·
Why is she long forgotten, I thought she was still playing? Timea is just more recognizable to be the nest biggest thing rather then Tina.

#24 ·
The fame of Timea Baczinsky could also work to the advantage now of Tina. Certainly Patty Schnyder benefitted greatly from playing in the "shadow" of Martina Hingis in the early years of her career. This brought Patty recognition while not putting her under the pressure to be the nation's top player. Baczinsky may do similarly for Schmassmann in coming years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.